Have You Ever?

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

have you guys ever or do you currently have someone in your life, be it a friend, cousins, uncle, aunt or w/e who just cant seem to stand the thigns you do in life or who you are?

what i mean is are they so obvious with their jealousy that they cant hold it in and they show it to you by making u feel bad etc? i mean it doenst actually have to make you feel bad cus you know why theyre acting the way they are but i mean im sure it gets you a bit?

i just face this a couple of times and especially with a cousin who makes it so obvious by things like for example not bringing me anything from a trip when she did for all of our other cousins and siblings infront of me at that ( nothing big like i mean just a 3-4 dollar souvenir kinda thing)..like not that i need anything but u know its the principle of the thing.. like its mean and its obvious you dont like the person, and trust mne this isnt the only thing there are many things which were way bigger, but i just gave it as an example

or say liek if you have some aunt who acts that way with you etc etc get jealous of the most stupidest things.. like i just have a couple of ppl liek that in my life who i know are jealous and im not trying to act big cus really im not ...ppl do a lot better in their life than i do seriously, but idk why some ppl are on my back ...i was just feeling a bit down and i guess i was hoping ppl cud share if they experience these thigns and how they look at them or what they do about them in order to cope better..normally they dont let me down but i guess im just so stressed right now cus of school that im more vulnerable to feeling it..

anyway, if anyone has any experiences to share i think it wud be interesting and a form of healing for everyone cus i know that everyone has someone liekthat in their life.. lobh is maya and so i wudnt be surprised if all of us are attacked with it

such kinda ppl who have an attitude towards you are best ignored and left alone ,and if need be to be told off gently . your focus has always to be your relationship with Gurujee as its His hand of blessing we need to kiss , its God that we must care to look after us and give us gifts and smile at us ,not wordly ppl . As a sikh your hand is always extended out to give ,never to get . Sikhi is based on the concept of naap jaapo(chant God's name), kirt di kemai(earn through your efforts) and vand ke shako( share with others what you have).

A sikh is a busy ambassodor of Gurujee always giving ,sharing and caring not worrying what ppl give you or what bad /jeolousy they think of you . As a sikh Gurujee has endowed you with miri(spirituality) and piri(wordly success) so you dont need bother with such kind of people . A sikh's mind is always praying for the good of others ,whether they are good or bad .A Sikh's mind is always in a state of shukrana-thankfulness,praise,and gratitude towards God . A Sikh's mind is always full of humility ,power ,love ,creativeness.dynamism ,passion ,enthusuasm ,joy ,and excitement ,i.e chardikela .

So just busy yourself in God's praise ,chant waheguru and read loads gurbani and you will be fine .If these thoughts still bother you go before SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB ,bow and do an ardas to Gurujee ,surrender such kind thoughts and people to Him and ask him to bless you with chardikela . Also ,you need to fill your life with lots of company of blessed Sikhs,do lots sewa and satsang ,amritvela simran and you will never feel down.

vjkk vjkf

Hard kaur waRrIoRz (very confusing name indeed!!) just going to call you bhenji :) ,

Jealousy occurs when one wants a competition with you. When they see you shine, they cannot stand it! An interesting thing about jealousy is that anyone can do at any time WITHOUT you even noticing it. Of course there are times when they make it blatantly obvious, and that's the key. That's when you know who boils, that's when you understand their psychology and that's when you (most importantly) can learn what to do next. There can be many types and forms of jealousy.

However, look on the bright side. When one cannot stand you, they know you are stronger and have a deep will power. The people who initiate jealousy are already low, weak, want more and more, etc and they will do literally anything to bring you down to their level/point or worse (most of the time it's worse). You must understand that YOU are more will powered and balanced. The trick to avoid these type of people, is not to chitter chatter with them for huge peiods of time (keep in mind they want more information about you in order for them to judge and compare), not to be around them.

Family jealousy is a big, and (I may be wrong) it probably happens in all families/siblings. I would probably talk more about this topic, but I'd rarther not to post anything about my side of the family publically. However, if you want know, do PM me.

bhul chuk maaf

vjkk vjkf

have you guys ever or do you currently have someone in your life, be it a friend, cousins, uncle, aunt or w/e who just cant seem to stand the thigns you do in life or who you are?

what i mean is are they so obvious with their jealousy that they cant hold it in and they show it to you by making u feel bad etc? i mean it doenst actually have to make you feel bad cus you know why theyre acting the way they are but i mean im sure it gets you a bit?

i just face this a couple of times and especially with a cousin who makes it so obvious by things like for example not bringing me anything from a trip when she did for all of our other cousins and siblings infront of me at that ( nothing big like i mean just a 3-4 dollar souvenir kinda thing)..like not that i need anything but u know its the principle of the thing.. like its mean and its obvious you dont like the person, and trust mne this isnt the only thing there are many things which were way bigger, but i just gave it as an example

or say liek if you have some aunt who acts that way with you etc etc get jealous of the most stupidest things.. like i just have a couple of ppl liek that in my life who i know are jealous and im not trying to act big cus really im not ...ppl do a lot better in their life than i do seriously, but idk why some ppl are on my back ...i was just feeling a bit down and i guess i was hoping ppl cud share if they experience these thigns and how they look at them or what they do about them in order to cope better..normally they dont let me down but i guess im just so stressed right now cus of school that im more vulnerable to feeling it..

anyway, if anyone has any experiences to share i think it wud be interesting and a form of healing for everyone cus i know that everyone has someone liekthat in their life.. lobh is maya and so i wudnt be surprised if all of us are attacked with it

When I started keeping kesh relatives of mine responded with shock. They tried to convince me that it wasn't necessary. Some even began harrassing me, telling me that they would forceibly cut my hair. One of them began flicking my ear at a family function. He tried to physically intimidate me. I tried my best to be polite, give explanations, and not step on toes. I made it clear that I didn't have a superiority complex towards anyone b/c I was going to take Amrit. Then I realised, the problem wasn't me. It was them. People with an inferiority complex, OR those who live a dark way of life, always feel uncomfortable around those who have chosen to live a God centred way of life. They often attack, sometimes in subtle ways. In the end I told this person to watch himself or else I would teach him a lesson he wouldn't forget. That stopped him, but another relative started saying it was morally wrong of me to say that. It was un-Sikh like. These are just tactics whereby fools try to tie the hands of Sikhs so that they can more easily manipulate them. They want to live up on their high horse and pass judgments.

Best thing you can do - cut this person out of your heart and out of your life. If you have to see them, be nice, be polite. But ultimately don't care about them. Follow your Sikhi and don't care what these people think. Hope that helps.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in it. Harbhajan yogi once said (I know some people may not like him for one reason or the other, But I have heard lot of people and try to retain the goodies which make sense) that tu aap bahar nikal ja, te guru nu fsa de, if u know what I mean. At times, I look at the problem in life, and I do ardas, babaji, I want to focus on chanting your name, but some forces/people/situatioons/happenings have been pulling me away from name chanting. Could you please take care of my affairs? That would give me more time on name chanting/reciting banis and concentrating on Gurbani and so and so. Baba ji sabhna gala smrath hun te nobody is beyond HIS command. So baba ji ape hee affairs nu set kar dinde hun, all you need is surrender and faith. Hope I am making sense. And btw, these kind of situations are presented in front of you by babaji to give you some more guN that you need to be even better person e.g. patience, krodh na auNa, fareeda bure da bhala kara, gussa man na hundha. sorry, enter button on keyboard in not working, so had to write all in one paragraph.

Very good response by AmarjitKaur, I do not agree with a few things Jag_Singh has said but that's fine, everyone has their own unique experiences.

Regardless of what situation life throws at you, it is meant to make you a better person. It took me a LONG LONG time to understand this. I could have been told that this is how things work much earlier by someone wiser, but perhaps having this experience myself was the best way to go, even though it took a few years longer.

Jealousy is a very primitive, ugly and heinous human emotion. It makes you hate people who you would normally never hate, it makes you want to inflict damage upon them. Jealousy is the seed for hate and anger. Overall, all this does is bring extreme negativity in the mind of a jealous person. I got my first taste of jealousy a couple of years ago and I can say that the kind of things I used to think, I can not mention on a forum. I'm extremely ashamed of the entire experience.

If someone is jealous of you, do ardaas for them that may Guru Sahib give them peace of mind. That's about all you can do anyway. I wish someone did ardaas for me at that time, perhaps that would have saved a friendship.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

thank you everyone, this just goes to show that the users on this site are intelligent and that we can all carry out more than just arguements (as some ppl claim we cannot)

these were really insightful answers and they made me look at the situation in a different way and it really did help me, thank you guys a lot! god bless!

thank you everyone, this just goes to show that the users on this site are intelligent and that we can all carry out more than just arguements (as some ppl claim we cannot)

these were really insightful answers and they made me look at the situation in a different way and it really did help me, thank you guys a lot! god bless!

you only just realised that ''the users on this site are intelligent''??? hahhaaa .

more than just intelligent . i find them super intelligent ,super cool and super loving .

all Gurujee's kirpa. This site is like a huge gurudwara with a satsang than never stops 24/7.

i luv it and am very proud . its all Guru's kirpa . a lot of very very very highly charged up and

very insightful ,optimistic ,creative and blessed Sikhs on here bursting with vitality. you just could read a few posts nd get so fired up . i think its awesome and amazing and thats a fact . As i read some posts it dawned on me that some ppl have turned to sikhi and taken Khande da Pahul by just getting inspired from this site . very responsible moderation too, giving people lots of space to express themselves freely and very representative of all the jethas . good handling of threads to keep fights controlled hahaa . You can just get on here with anything on your mind and a lot of humble people will look after you ,show concern ,and help you out without judging you

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

you only just realised that ''the users on this site are intelligent''??? hahhaaa .

more than just intelligent . i find them super intelligent ,super cool and super loving .

all Gurujee's kirpa. This site is like a huge gurudwara with a satsang than never stops 24/7.

i luv it and am very proud . its all Guru's kirpa . a lot of very very very highly charged up and

very insightful ,optimistic ,creative and blessed Sikhs on here bursting with vitality. you just could read a few posts nd get so fired up . i think its awesome and amazing and thats a fact . As i read some posts it dawned on me that some ppl have turned to sikhi and taken Khande da Pahul by just getting inspired from this site . very responsible moderation too, giving people lots of space to express themselves freely and very representative of all the jethas . good handling of threads to keep fights controlled hahaa . You can just get on here with anything on your mind and a lot of humble people will look after you ,show concern ,and help you out without judging you

i agree with you, which is why i said the above highlighted red portion in my post..