Sikh Channel News

I just watched sikh channel news and felt something wrong. I might be wrong but felt concerned about following:

1. The Bibi presenting the news did not represent sikh image. She had lot of visible makeup, bindi on forehead, almost bare head,sleeveless dress. It might be professional but certainly doesn't represent sikh image. people especially young girls might get wrong signals.

2. The content of he news was bit worrying. There was 5 minute coverage of indian independence celebrations and even people congratulating on Indian independence were aired. Should sikhs celebrate and congratulate on Indian independence? Should sikh channel be covering it to this extent?

has anyone else felt the same or is it just me?

They might be just small things but its better to stop such things before they become big.

I really appreciate sikh channels effort but I think its everyone's responsibility to help improve the content.

fateh

Fateh

It is news at the end of the day... Sikhs should know whats happening around us, and also in hindustan lol..

To be honest bahi sahib ji, it doent bother be about the news reader being a non-amritdhari, or as you say has make up on etc...

i rember when they 1st started the news, and this Amritdari Presenter was the news reader, to be honest i didnt real feel that NEWS impact unoo...

it doesnt realy matter who presents the news, and with the makeup side, omg, its just gna those debates again.

I mean, if you really think they should improve the presenter asin looks and makeup then you should contact them or post this topic on thier site www.sikhchannel.tv

Just my views :)

Fateh!

Not to take this into a debate, I think there should be a amritdhari presenter, because sometimes I watch Islam channels news (i'm not racist, but just wanted to check out some news, (i was watching about the mumbai attacks), and the presenter was wearing a burqa, and greeted in arabic.

look how muslims are strict in their faith, and look at some of us...

Post this topic on the Sikh Channel forum on sikhchannel.tv.

I am not that bothered about status of the news presenter/reporters as it's news and not dharam parchaar. Too be honest, I don't look at her sleeves or bindis as I'm busy taking the news in!!!

Besides even if she wore a dastaar, I can see complaints coming in on the style of dastaar or shade of blue tint in her suit.

Post this topic on the Sikh Channel forum on sikhchannel.tv.

I am not that bothered about status of the news presenter/reporters as it's news and not dharam parchaar. Too be honest, I don't look at her sleeves or bindis as I'm busy taking the news in!!!

Besides even if she wore a dastaar, I can see complaints coming in on the style of dastaar or shade of blue tint in her suit.

I think the fact that a "Sikh" presenter on a "Sikh channel" wearing a bindi is very disturbing. It has many detrimental implications on the minds of our children & young adults alike. Although the bindi is worn as a fashionable item in today’s society, it historically has been used as a tool to differentiate between the ruling and the ruled classes of hindu society. Many believe that the origins of racism can be traced to the caste system and its head dots.

http://www.ambedkar.org/News/Cssacndzsm.htm