Problems Getting Married

london001

I know I am going to be heavily criticized by writing this but i don't care.

As you can tell from my login name I am from London. I'm 29 so at the stage where i should know be married. My parents are in the process of trying to find a girl and the vast majority of girls have the same requirement that he shouldn't wear a pug. Even in matrimonial adverts most girls specify a clean shaven / non turbanned munda. I've joined a matrimonial service for sikhs 90% of the girls on the list have specified a non turbanned munda. I even found this girl i knew from university on the list - at uni she was heavily involved with the sikh society, she even used to wear a massive khanda on her coat and read about Gurbani - and she had specified someone with a turban. Another girl, I know, told her dad that she wouldn't want to get married to a singh because she couldn't go on Holiday with a sikh.

Even at university I felt that more Hindu girls and muslim girls would treat a Singh as someone worth knowing than sikh girls. I don't understand this mindset that so many sikh girls have

Guest fordcapri

As you can tell from my login name I am from London. I'm 29 so at the stage where i should know be married. My parents are in the process of trying to find a girl and the vast majority of girls have the same requirement that he shouldn't wear a pug. Even in matrimonial adverts most girls specify a clean shaven / non turbanned munda. I've joined a matrimonial service for sikhs 90% of the girls on the list have specified a non turbanned munda. I even found this girl i knew from university on the list - at uni she was heavily involved with the sikh society, she even used to wear a massive khanda on her coat and read about Gurbani - and she had specified someone with a turban. Another girl, I know, told her dad that she wouldn't want to get married to a singh because she couldn't go on Holiday with a sikh.

Even at university I felt that more Hindu girls and muslim girls would treat a Singh as someone worth knowing than sikh girls. I don't understand this mindset that so many sikh girls have

Why dont you try india ??

My dad went to india in May and someone suggested a girl from there. When my father spoke the the girl's father and told him that I was a singh he went quiet and never phoned back. Another girl from the UK, whose parents had take Amrit, told a bolachan (someone who arranges the first meeting) that she had no intention of marrying into a family of Sikhuns (that is the word she used) another girl refused to even look at my cousin's picture because he was a Singh, the girl's family were all Singhs, parents had taken Amrit but she was so against the idea of marrying a singh she refused to even look at his picture.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i thikn its just ur luck so far, but u will find someone not to worry, this perception isnt true ..

why dont u try canada, specifically surrey BC or calgary or toronto, lots of sikh women there..

you can even try the states, chicago, california etc etc, NY

u have the whole world to go thru dont give up singh! i know of many girls out in canada who need to get married and theyre around ur age or a few years younger or older and theyre all sikh girls, u just have to look around..come to surrey BC, go to guru nanak academy ( u can google this to find where it is), they have a program for the youth every saturdays ( dont worry i wont be there lol) and thsoie are all sikh families and they know ppl who have to get married, ur parents jsut have to talk to the elders there and they will find someone for u..many many girls, ur just looking in the wrong places

best of luck to u

wjkk wjkf

Guest fordcapri

Have one Two Singh mates (not amritdhari but ones is strict) who got married last year both over here.

Know two other Singhs who are brothers one went india one found a Gur-Sikh one from U.K

Alot of Mun-air guys get married in india, from what ive sceen more than Singhs.

ur trying at wrong place ... i have never seen a sikh guy in trouble regarding wedding ... infact sabat surat singhs start getting marriage purposals as soon as they hit 20 ... all you need to do is let girls parents search u ... there is a news paper know as ajit in punjab give ur matrimonial ad there ... specifying ur turbaned non trimmer gursikh boy looking for a gursikh girl and u will get few replies soon ...

we are sons of dasmesh pita so we look like them ...if we have faith in them there will be no trouble finding a job as a sabat surat nor a girl ... all we need to do is have faith try and wait ....

i have not seen an amritdhari girl wanting to marry a mona guy ... nor i wish and expect sikh born girls who cut her hair to marry a singh ...

This is not just a amritdharee or gursikh issue, even turban wearing not very religious guys "Trim Singhs" etc...have this problem. Generally if a girl doesnt want to marry a guy with a turban means they are detached from their culture and faith, they dont have knowledge or pride in the image that was the Guru's gift to Sikhs. The question is, would you want to marry a girl like that anyway ???