Beadbi At Akhand Path Sahib

video tape it and then there is no excuse for any liars that will say they werent doing the beeaadbi.

while Akhand Paat was recited the Granthi wasnt even reciting and I didnt even know their was an Akhand Paat (the room was dark and I didnt hear one sound I thought I was the only one in the main Darbar Sahib) and I started playing kirtan by myself and then after a couple mins a Babaji came and shut the doors to the Akhand Paat room because I was playing kinda loud but after I stopped I went to do chaur seva in the main hall and the Granthi that was done with his 2 hours walked out and a new Granthi was actually reciting the Akhand Paat. I was like "oooppps" but then thought "he wasnt even reciting" so I didnt feel so bad cause I was in the main hall for almost 1 hour by myself and didnt hear a sound from the Akhand Paat room etc........ Then later that day I went in to the Akhand Paat room to listen to Paat and he was still reading while a fly was on Guru Sahibs Ang so I started doing Chaur Seva because he didnt care (and thats one main thing the Chaur is for etc) and after I started doing Chaur seva the paathi stopped reciting and just read to himself, and after that was paying attention to me and lost his spot for at least 10 seconds a few times...... OMG doing Akhand Paats now ah daze is a waste of paying moorukh Granthis to do their job. If you want an Akhand Paat better do it yourself cause you cant really trust anyone to do their job as Granthis. Its sad to say this because there are those Granthis who I love to hear them sing the Paat (I dont know his name but 1 was the old Granthi at Bradshaw Gurdwara maybe now Granthi at Antelope Gurdwara, and another was the old Granthi at West Sac Gurdwara 3 years ago) They sang the hukamnamas in Raag, and it always sounded awesome and I felt it every time.

I almost think sometimes some Granthis estimate where they should be in the lapsed time and skip up to that spot at the weeee hours of the night etc...........

Sad............ :sad:

I am very sorry that you were witness to this - it must have been awful at the time and I can only imagine how you must have felt, being torn between acting sensibly and wanting to tear these masands to shreads.

You MUST inform one of the management committee at least. No need for covert evidence eg video etc, although it will help.

This just exemplifies why we need a proper system to qualify granthis eg apprenticeship at a Taksal or Sikh higher education institute. Its unfortunate that in the UK, we put up with mota 'n chota singhs that just want a visa and eventually EEC passport at the end of the day. Our local granthis are well meaning chaps, but when directly asked if they could explain the Gurbani, they admitted that they just read it and understand only the main banis.