Accidently Ate Meat...help Please!

Guest qqq

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I feel really bad about this and felt the need to ask the sangat to clear everything up. I knew that original oreos have no meat/egg/animal products in them and enjoyed them from time to time. Recently my mom went grocery shopping and bought "low fat" oreos and this is where it all went bad. Since original oreos have no meat/egg in them i assumed that these wouldnt either. So a couple of days passed and i was surfing eatbibek.com when i learned that unlike original oreos "low fat" oreos have an animal product in them. I only ate the low fat oreos once since i became amritdhari (about 99% sure about this i dont ever remember eating the low fat ones before). It was a complete accident and i had no intention of eating meat and if i had know that they contained animal product i wouldnt of even touched them. But since i made a mistake i did one Japji Sahib, did an ardas asking Waheguru for forgiveness and swore to never swallow a thing ever again without reading the ingredients before hand. My question to the sangat is that in this situation is doing one Japji Sahib and an Ardas enough or should i go get peshed at the next amrit sanchaar.

Thanks

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Vahiguroo Jee Ka Khalsa

Vahiguroo Jee Kee Phatehi!

It all depends on what your panj pyare told you. For instance, my panj told me that if I was to accidently eat meat than I am to go pesh. But then again, my brother's panj told him that he just had to do one jap ji sahib-or more(depending on his own sharda), and then do ardaas

Hope that helped.

Vahiguroo Jee Ka Khalsa

Vahiguroo Jee Kee Phatehi!

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!

I know exactly how you feeel, beacuse the day after i took Amrith, i ate chocolate that said it 'may contain eggs"

& i realized after i ate it

I criedd so much, because i was so scared, since it was my 1st day after the amrit sanchaar, and i felt so careless

but i talked to someone older who i trust a lot, and told him the situation and he said it's not that big of a deal.

I know its wrong to eat meat or eggs, but if it happens by an accident

'or if its something like 'may contain eggs' or its an animal part in a product, its not a big deal

This is really small compared to all the other things that happen in our day-to-day livess

so you knoow what, i'd say - don't worry about it =)

i know others might disagree with me, but i`m just telling you from my experiences with other ppl.

As long as you know you didn't really mean too & Guru Sahib knows, its okaay =)

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh Jee!

Guest --learner--

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Don't take tension.

Its not u'r intension to have meat.rite!

So its not u'r fault.

Everything happen by his will("Hukama andar hukam bahar na koi") & something are the rewards of our past actions.

That's great that u have done japji saheb ji & done ardaas.In sikhi god name is everything.

just do sukhamani saheb patha & do ardaas & in ardaas say guru ji that plz these should not happen with me again.

we should regurally say in ardaas that "jina kaam krodh lobha moha ahankar ho gaya us vaste sanu mafa kar do aur jina kaam krodh lobha moha ahankar hona wala vale hai usa hona sa rokha do"

Plz don't worry guru ji da dil bahut bada hai.........

what is mean by pesh?

bul chuk mafa.

eatting halal meat is one of the 4 sins, not eating meat "jelps" your mind focus withoutn the greedy tongue wanting all sorts of meats, and also meat has lots of fat and rots the body and clogs blood veins/vessels.

Guru Hargobind Ji said not to eat meat and we shouldnt but since you didnt pay attention before you ate it means you need to pay attention to yourself of what you do/say/think and then you will be on a better track and wont make other obvious mistakes.

If you think before you eat something then you wont have these concious guilts you are having. Think "BEFORE" you do/say/think/eat something.

Do 5 JapJi and Ardas, and do some Langar seva (the lowest nitty gritty seva) and then do another Ardas for not thinking before you ate something. You are supposed to remember Vaheguru in every morsel of food and besides not thinking of Vaheguru you werent even thinking about not eating egg product foods etc, and thats the thing you need to do your personal tankhiya seva for.

All the high spirited Sants(not talking about bhangi sadus :lol: ) never ate meat, but just because you dont eat meat doesnt make you pure. I personally dont eat meat and I certainly dont encourage people to eat meat but just because you dont eat meat doesnt make you good. having a good mindset is wat makes you good and in my expierience I feel not eating meat "helps" one gain a better understanding of the mind so for that reason I feel is why we shouldnt eat meat. ie how many idiots do you know that wear a turban or a chunni and dont eat meat but still are beyond foolish????????? Follow bibek Sahib.

eatting halal meat is one of the 4 sins, not eating meat "jelps" your mind focus withoutn the greedy tongue wanting all sorts of meats, and also meat has lots of fat and rots the body and clogs blood veins/vessels.

Guru Hargobind Ji said not to eat meat and we shouldnt but since you didnt pay attention before you ate it means you need to pay attention to yourself of what you do/say/think and then you will be on a better track and wont make other obvious mistakes.

If you think before you eat something then you wont have these concious guilts you are having. Think "BEFORE" you do/say/think/eat something.

Do 5 JapJi and Ardas, and do some Langar seva (the lowest nitty gritty seva) and then do another Ardas for not thinking before you ate something. You are supposed to remember Vaheguru in every morsel of food and besides not thinking of Vaheguru you werent even thinking about not eating egg product foods etc, and thats the thing you need to do your personal tankhiya seva for.

All the high spirited Sants(not talking about bhangi sadus laugh.gif ) never ate meat, but just because you dont eat meat doesnt make you pure. I personally dont eat meat and I certainly dont encourage people to eat meat but just because you dont eat meat doesnt make you good. having a good mindset is wat makes you good and in my expierience I feel not eating meat "helps" one gain a better understanding of the mind so for that reason I feel is why we shouldnt eat meat. ie how many idiots do you know that wear a turban or a chunni and dont eat meat but still are beyond foolish????????? Follow bibek Sahib.

That wasn't neccessary...

All the high spirited Sants(not talking about bhangi sadus laugh.gif ) never ate meat, but just because you dont eat meat doesnt make you pure. I personally dont eat meat and I certainly dont encourage people to eat meat but just because you dont eat meat doesnt make you good. having a good mindset is wat makes you good and in my expierience I feel not eating meat "helps" one gain a better understanding of the mind so for that reason I feel is why we shouldnt eat meat. ie how many idiots do you know that wear a turban or a chunni and dont eat meat but still are beyond foolish????????? Follow bibek Sahib.

many things about our Sikh community is sad but true. I know many of us know many people who are vegetarian but are beyond foolish with daily conduct. There is no need to candycoat that statement to pretend his is not true

many things about our Sikh community is sad but true. I know many of us know many people who are vegetarian but are beyond foolish with daily conduct. There is no need to candycoat that statement to pretend his is not true

what has being vegetarian got to do with daily conduct and intelligence etc.

that was a silly statement imo.

can't be bothered with a long pointless discussion ;)

as s50 said, and me personally. even though it was an accident it was probably avoidable so i'd go to panj piyare cause its a kurehit.

although doing jap ji sahib and ardaas would make sense in a way - it's up to you and how you feel i guess.

but if you go pesh then i reckon it would leave no doubt and you can ask forgiveness for any other galti that might've happened and ask for blessing.