Outrage!

sikhsta

The Taksal says only meat is allowed if it is for survival need and every plant and leaves have been aten. Here is a video there is two parts to it.

Sant Jarnail SIngh ji Khalsa had bigger things to deal with in his time. The freedom of Sikhs was at hand. To cause division between the panth at that time would have been a foolish thing to do.

yeh cos all the leaves and plants were eaten at Madho Das's hut when Guru Ji told the Sikhs to kill the goats.

and we have just as big issues, probably even bigger issues than Sant Jarnail Singh in his time, so why are YOU casuing division between the panth. at the time of Sant Ji the indian govt was the enemy. now we have all the deras, indian govt, extremist muslims youth drug problems etc to fight. Take a leaf out of Sant Jarnail Singh's book and concentrate on the bigger threats to sikhs rather than dividing us further.

Let Khalsa Raaj come and then and then only, will this pointless deabate be settled.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does feelings have to get involved here.

I Agree. Why do they?.....We'll soon find out.....

HAHAHAHAHA

They don't believe in freedom of speach there. Straight to, if they don't like your view, gut your *** and make a steak out of you. LOL

Ironic.

There are ways to confront practices and stubborn people that won't let go of their ways. Storming someone is what fools do.

Do I have to spell it out? who is the fool here? Let alone going to do something about it, you cannot even control your feelings.........

Like I said people say the Jhatka tradition is done to abolish Muslim halal ways, but I showed it didn't even touch that because....well that piece is there for everyone to read. I don't want to keep repeating it over and over.

well jhatka is the oldest tradition followed even before the birth of islam ... it was basically i kashatriya practice ... practiced since ages now !!!

Can you confirm this with facts of history. Because if it's true then we should be asking why did they use this practice so long ago.

Jhatka tradition is being used in the wrong way to justify everyday desire of the tongue.

i dont know how better is taste of meat then veggis ... seriously i likes choley the most ... isnt that a taste ... and i think everyone here is strucked into the desire of his tongue ... and if we are decided on just the taste bases i m sure we all will land up in same narak ... do practice one thing to check ur self vegi or non vegi do u have desire of taste or not ... eat simple dal chaval 6 days all the three times ... and on seventh day tell ur mum to make rajmah and karahi panner and moong di dall da halva ... keep it on one side of table and on other side simple dall chawal ur everyday diet ... and listen to your mind if it says taste some of that to ... no matter if u supress ur mind and eat your dal chawal yet u have desire of the tongue ... now the matter is what we want to do with desire of tongue ... we want to blame others that u have it ... we want to fool god that i m vegi hence i dont have any attachment to tastes ... or we want to accept it and work on it ... choice is our ...

Meat is not needed for the body. The body can survive off plants. And you still haven't answered the main question. Why the double standard for meat and plants, when meat eaters say plants and animals are on same on the food line.

Jhatka is permitted as a last option when every plant and leaves have been aten and nothing else is left. For survival needs. Not for the desire of the tongue. Also the knew thing, it's being done so the person gets tough by seeing blood and won't run away from war on sight of it. These foolish ways is what I'm against. Gurbani is what makes you tough and fills that body with shakti to destroy your enemy with one blow.
how long one should wait to eat maas without getting any other food ... like one day two day ten days ??? or till its hard for me even to walk ... gurbani makes you tough no doubt about that ... but do u think all persons have same effect of naam simren and gurbani ... a person come to sikhi today ... i m very much new to sikhi ... i have started learning japji sahib ... and very next day he had to go in a battle ... do u think he can fight with same courage everything like a singh who is reading bani for 50 years ... answer is no and we have our history to prove it ...

Can you not survive without meat. if you say no then that tongue is controling you. And this trivial stuff about how much Bani the person does is leading nowhere in this direction. Gurbani says if a person remembers God for a second he can be saved. leave this talk out.

when baba deep singh nihang drew a line to save harimander sahib not all came forward ... when baba gurbaksh singh farladhari asked singh who wants to leave can leave and who wants to die for harimander sahib can stay only 30 singhs stayed rest left in night ... in 1984 many came up with there hands up from harimander sahib ... dont you think they all read bani ???? its the kirpa of akal purkh only ... and he doesnt care what u eat ... he cares how much bani abheyas u have ... we have around 10000 members here on sikhsangat ... have a poll how many can die for sikhi ... hardly any onw whould say he will not ... but when time comes even may be i will be one of them who will back off ...

its easy to say we can die or kill ... but when u cut of some one and his blood is inside your mouth and u see heads and arms all around u ... its hardest ...

Again trivial things. Why look at the weak. Do you see me pointing out the weak to justfy anything. No because I don't look at the weak and say, look I'm better. In Jap ji Sahib on ang 4 it says whatever you do to the body affects the soul. So it does matter what you put in the mouth and why. Everything we do in this world has a deeper meaning behind it. I choose not to ignore it because this makes me more self aware and conscious of what I am doing. Guru Sahib teaches us to be concsious 24/7.

A Gursikh if you look at his daily meal consist of daal, salt, roti, and water. Eating simple. And leave the body building part out.
eating simple is the key NOT a specific menu of dal roti ...

Eating simple does not include meat.

Are the Nihangs Singh running out of daal, sabzi, and roti. NO! For the tongue they perform this useless tradition. Think in context. Jhatka is useful for survival needs. And the blood being applied to the sword is just a whole topic on it's own.
have u seen how they cook mahaparshad langars ... it only has namak and kali mirchi and desi ghee no tarka mostly ... and on the taste scale of 10 its no good then 4 .... if u have tasted chicken tikka and butter chicken u will not be able to eat it ...

I don't eat meat and not adding flavor doesn't change anything. Meat is still meat. Meat is not needed for the body. So why do Jhatka. Are they short of sabzi or daal are they in the jungles fighting wars. NO they are home filling there guts and saying look I see blood I can kill a human in war now. Foolish behaviour.

and do u have any historical refrences about jhatka only in survival .... as far as i know in jungles singhs used arrows for shikar to eat ... and killing with arrows means one should run out of blood to death and do u think it was right to eat ... when khalsa was in jungles for 100 years his main food was wild boars and deers ... do u think they first captured one alive and then did its jhatka ... or they just shoot it from a distance ....

Singh we don't live in those times. Sure if they did it for survival needs. Nothing wrong with it. If the same thing happens now and the Khalsa ends up eating meat. No one will say anything. But again we are not in war or in need to kill innocent animals to get our daily body needs.

You have made quite a few topics on jhatka and to declare something right or wrong one has 100% info about it ... so can u please tell the procedure of jhatka ... how is a jhakiya singh choosen ... what banis are read ... whats about ardas ... and whats the only condition when to hit the goat ... do u know all about this ???

Why are Banis read and why are ardas done. Why chose a special Singh to do it? About the Banis, if there read to thank God then it's all good, but to make an offering to God then you just proved my point that it didn't solve anything. Same goes for Ardas. if it's done to purify the goat or offer the goat to God then brother we have a serious problem.

and about ur other post about shahhedis and bhai gurdas vaar i dont think even that holds ... bakri is complaining lion u have captured me what will happen to you ... do u think bhai mani singh also complained to mughals ???

I am just going to leave it. Your not reading in context Singh. It's dropped on my end

So the question goes unaswered.

Why have a double standard for meat and plants when both according to the meat eaters they are the same on the food line.? Or is one higher or lower on the food line than the other and that's why one is told to be killed with one strike. So far it's heading in this direction. Just want someone to answer this simple question.

The Taksal says only meat is allowed if it is for survival need and every plant and leaves have been aten. Here is a video there is two parts to it.

Sant Jarnail SIngh ji Khalsa had bigger things to deal with in his time. The freedom of Sikhs was at hand. To cause division between the panth at that time would have been a foolish thing to do.

yeh cos all the leaves and plants were eaten at Madho Das's hut when Guru Ji told the Sikhs to kill the goats.

and we have just as big issues, probably even bigger issues than Sant Jarnail Singh in his time, so why are YOU casuing division between the panth. at the time of Sant Ji the indian govt was the enemy. now we have all the deras, indian govt, extremist muslims youth drug problems etc to fight. Take a leaf out of Sant Jarnail Singh's book and concentrate on the bigger threats to sikhs rather than dividing us further.

Let Khalsa Raaj come and then and then only, will this pointless deabate be settled.

Singh do you see me going to the Nihangs and telling them to stop and causing an big up roar.

It's goodto discuss and get answers. We all should be asking this question and it doesn't matter how much you consider this question as poison. Questioning leads to finds and finds lead to Truth. Have the courage to question your own belief system. Ask why and be willing to answer your own whys.

I sat down a thought about this jhatka tradition. At first i just looked at it and said who cares just another tradition certain group likes to perform. But when I thought of it somethings that Singh Sahba Canada says about this meat issue did not make since, like saying meat and plants are the same on the food line. And when I thought of it alot of people say they are on the same foods aswell. So since you say they are then give me and others the backing of your finds. Nothing is to hide nothing is to decieve. Just answering and answering. Then you guys can have a big laugh aswell. This <banned word filter activated>(me) wouldn't stop asking why. So tell this <banned word filter activated> the answer and it's over. And I'll post the answer to other sites aswell.

So what I have been asking is why different methods for the same food?

Better yet if anyone can give me the email of Singh Sahba Canada, I'll present this theory, article, piece of **** whatever you want to call it to them. Maybe someone there knows the answer.

Why does feelings have to get involved here.

I Agree. Why do they?.....We'll soon find out.....

HAHAHAHAHA

They don't believe in freedom of speach there. Straight to, if they don't like your view, gut your *** and make a steak out of you. LOL

Ironic.

There are ways to confront practices and stubborn people that won't let go of their ways. Storming someone is what fools do.

Do I have to spell it out? who is the fool here? Let alone going to do something about it, you cannot even control your feelings.........

No need to get personal. You didn't understand what I was saying.LOL Now now easy there no need to get on your feet and start swinging at air.LOL

Just RELAX and read.

asaNkh moorakh anDh ghor. asaNkh chor haraamkhor.

Countless fools, blinded by ignorance. Countless thieves and cheaters.

asaNkh amar kar jaahi jor. asaNkh galvadh hati-aa kamaahi.

Countless impose their will by force. Countless cut-throats and gather sins.

asaNkh paapee paap kar jaahi. asaNkh koorhi-aar koorhay firaahi.

Countless sinners who keep on sinning. Countless liars, wander lost in their lies.

asaNkh malaychh mal bhakh khaahi. asaNkh nindak sir karahi bhaar.

Countless wretches, eat filth for food. Countless slanders, make their heads heavy

naanak neech kahai veechaar. vaari-aa na jaavaa ayk vaar.

Lowly Nanak, gives this explanation. I cannot even begin to describe You.

jo tuDh bhaavai saa-ee bhalee kaar. too sadaa salaamat nirankaar.

18 Whatever pleases You, All will be blessed, You always protect us, Formless One! 18

Japji Sahib tells us smile.gif

waheguru ji ka khlasa

waheguru ji ki Fateh

Das from Hazur Sahib . je sanu meat khana hove ta asi jhatkya singh de kolon liande haan par ithe jeda jhatka da matter e koi hor pase hi ja rihe hai . tusi lok samajhde ho ki sanu meat khan waste asi tahkhat sahib de shamane jhatka karde haan bilkul galat gal hai . Jod meleya te Jado Dasme Patshah de shaster bhahar nikale jande haan us wele sri dasam granth sahib ji di judh Mai Bani de Path kite Jande haan us to baad SHASTRAN NU TILAK laun waste jhatka karde haan .

Eh Maryada sare takhata te si Par SGPC aoun to Baad sara kuch band kar dita gaya . SRI AKAL TAKHAT SAHIB de samne jede BUNGE si saren bungaya de samne we Jhatka honda c . SGPC aun to baad kaafi badal hoye . For ex

SGPC de Under jine v gurudware han una saria wich Choti Rehras sahib padi jandi jo ki ADHURI BANI HAI , akal takhat de samne jeda jahatka honda c o band ho gaya hor kaee maryada badal dee gayee .

Par ithe Hazur Sahib de Maryada wich Koi badal nahi hoya . kyunki hazur sahib SGPC de under nahi hai te nahi Patna sahib . Sanu Maan hai ke asi Dasme Patshah Ji de satjugi Tapoasthan Takhat Sachkhand Shri Hazur sahib de wasi haan . par pata loka nu ki ninda karan wich ki hasil honda hai .

jis tarah ik comment wich likhya hai ke sant ji kade jhatka nahi chakde c .Sant Baba joginder singh moni ji Former jathedar of hazur sahib, sant baba gurdev singh ji jathedar tarna dal , baba daya singh bidhichandiye , sant baba avtar singh ji bidhichandiye , Baba Prem singh ji Jathedar mata sahib gurudwara they also never eat meat but they never against jhatka .

Some time baba joginder singh ji himself made the saheedi langar for singh s .

waheguru ji ka khlasa

waheguru ji ki Fateh

Das from Hazur Sahib . je sanu meat khana hove ta asi jhatkya singh de kolon liande haan par ithe jeda jhatka da matter e koi hor pase hi ja rihe hai . tusi lok samajhde ho ki sanu meat khan waste asi tahkhat sahib de shamane jhatka karde haan bilkul galat gal hai . Jod meleya te Jado Dasme Patshah de shaster bhahar nikale jande haan us wele sri dasam granth sahib ji di judh Mai Bani de Path kite Jande haan us to baad SHASTRAN NU TILAK laun waste jhatka karde haan .

Eh Maryada sare takhata te si Par SGPC aoun to Baad sara kuch band kar dita gaya . SRI AKAL TAKHAT SAHIB de samne jede BUNGE si saren bungaya de samne we Jhatka honda c . SGPC aun to baad kaafi badal hoye . For ex

SGPC de Under jine v gurudware han una saria wich Choti Rehras sahib padi jandi jo ki ADHURI BANI HAI , akal takhat de samne jeda jahatka honda c o band ho gaya hor kaee maryada badal dee gayee .

Par ithe Hazur Sahib de Maryada wich Koi badal nahi hoya . kyunki hazur sahib SGPC de under nahi hai te nahi Patna sahib . Sanu Maan hai ke asi Dasme Patshah Ji de satjugi Tapoasthan Takhat Sachkhand Shri Hazur sahib de wasi haan . par pata loka nu ki ninda karan wich ki hasil honda hai .

jis tarah ik comment wich likhya hai ke sant ji kade jhatka nahi chakde c .Sant Baba joginder singh moni ji Former jathedar of hazur sahib, sant baba gurdev singh ji jathedar tarna dal , baba daya singh bidhichandiye , sant baba avtar singh ji bidhichandiye , Baba Prem singh ji Jathedar mata sahib gurudwara they also never eat meat but they never against jhatka .

Sorry, but that's broken punjabi couldn't understand it all.

Sure Badal has changed alot, but even Nihangs have gone off track by doing Jhatka regularly.

And Rehras Sahib and Anand Sahib split reading have been changed by the British Raj.

Not condeming Jhatka,but asking questions about why the double standards.

Hey, your in Hazur Sahib can you get this one question answered for me.

If meat and vegetarian food are the same on the food line then why is there a different way to kill an animal for meat and for vegetables we can just do as we wish. Keep in mind the shabad by Guru Nanak Dev ji which says the sugar cane is suffering in pain being crushed between the wooden rollers. So why the double standard?

Really need an answer here. Not just messing around here trying to cause trouble.

Thanks in advance

waheguru ji ka khlasa

waheguru ji ki Fateh

Sorry, but that's broken punjabi couldn't understand it all.

Sure Badal has changed alot, but even Nihangs have gone off track by doing Jhatka regularly.

And Rehras Sahib and Anand Sahib split reading have been changed by the British Raj.

Not condeming Jhatka,but asking questions about why the double standards.

Hey, your in Hazur Sahib can you get this one question answered for me.

If meat and vegetarian food are the same on the food line then why is there a different way to kill an animal for meat and for vegetables we can just do as we wish. Keep in mind the shabad by Guru Nanak Dev ji which says the sugar cane is suffering in pain being crushed between the wooden rollers. So why the double standard?

Really need an answer here. Not just messing around here trying to cause trouble.

Thanks in advance

Back in the day, whilst working on the farms in england, (I was under 16 year old...so not exactly legit!) :BL: we had to cut little Gem Lettuces from the ground and place them onto a conveyor belt where they get packaged up. And it was literally jhatka the lettuce head with a knife, place on the conveyor belt, jhatka the next lettuce head with the knife place on the trailer,...and so on...for 12 hours straight!!! Damn...every time I used to close my eyes I'd just see lettuces... :D