What Is With Amritdhari Sikhs Acting So Elitist?

Guest Question Ask

Guest Question Ask

Why don't they eat food made by regular people? Are they considered too good compared to the average person? Suddenly if their parents are not yet Amrit Shakked, they will not eat from the hand that once fed them?

I've seen someone on here say "We all know that God doesn't listen to your prayers if you are not Amrit Shakked" and the forum members agreed.

Why do some Amritdharis make their food only in steel/iron plates? Because Bhai Sahb Randhir Singh did it

Doesn't this all go against the basic principles of Sikhi?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only yesterday i heard someone tell a story about another sikh family who owned a fish and chip shop and they accidently gave food prepared in oil that had been used to cook meat in the shop to amritdhari singhs.While i cant speak for Amritdhari sikhs, i can understand why they would not eat from non-Amritdharis. There is always a chance that intentionally or unintentionally someone who eats meat can conteminate food.

As for parents being non-amritdharis, surly the amrit shak sikh would trust his/her parents not to do anything that would be break that sikhs rehit.

Why don't they eat food made by regular people? Are they considered too good compared to the average person? Suddenly if their parents are not yet Amrit Shakked, they will not eat from the hand that once fed them?

I've seen someone on here say "We all know that God doesn't listen to your prayers if you are not Amrit Shakked" and the forum members agreed.

Why do some Amritdharis make their food only in steel/iron plates? Because Bhai Sahb Randhir Singh did it

Doesn't this all go against the basic principles of Sikhi?

fateh jee,

I'll break it down for you:

Why don't they eat food made by regular people? Are they considered too good compared to the average person?

So you would think it's ok for an amritdhari to eat at subway?, knowing the fact that the 6 inch meat is served right before them, and knowing that all that meaty hands are over your 'foot long' veggi patti??

Is being too humble a bad thing?? maybe not, but you got to understand there are limits for the AD (amritdharis) diet.

Suddenly if their parents are not yet Amrit Shakked, they will not eat from the hand that once fed them?

If the parents are not vegge, then maybe it can be a problem. but I'd too think that the parents would be extra careful preparing food for the AD's. It can be annoying for them at first, as you got to put up with all the big changes, but it'll settle down in time. :)

Sikhi is quite big my friend, there will be times when some things may seem too extreme for others, just need to adapt certain things.

bhul chuk maaf

vjkk vjkf

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Amritdhari's who look down upon non-amritdhari's are idiots.

That was very unneccessary my friend, you can calm your language.

its tru tho, as a matter of fact anyone who looks down on anyone else because they are different in some aspect is an i d i o t ( word is filtered) too.. same goes in this situation and especially in this situation because even after taking amrit u still havent learned humility, respect and how to tackle ur ego, which is quite idiotic if i can say so myself..

hope that hurt noone but the truth is the truth right and its from the truth that we can learn something about ourselves..

Amritdhari's who look down upon non-amritdhari's are idiots.
That was very unneccessary my friend, you can calm your language.
I can do a lot of things, but I just choose not to. Just like I didn't need to respond to you, but I did, just to put you down I suppose. So there you have it. :happy: