Kirpan Case For Young Boy

papee

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

I was on the UnitedSikhs website and came across this article below :-

Kirpan Case

I was shocked that while reading in to the article, even a Sikh School had let down the boy even though he was in desperate need of going to school.

Have a Read....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Very much the singh was "showing off". So i dont know how you got the idea Jag_Singh.

Why do we (SIKHS) in the modern age need to wear a kirpan?

We say, the Sikh Faith is compatible with all time lines, but by reading the article and some of the quotes. It clearly indicates we are stuck 300 years in the past.

Does a student in a school, really need to wear a kirpan?

I completely understand the outlook from the staff at the school, the dangers of the weapon being used, not by the young Sikh student, but by other students.

The Modern age we live in, knife crime is on the rise, especially in the larger cities. Schools are using limitless resource to stop knife crime and make schools a safe environment.

Don't you think we should be helping them to attain this?

I apologise if I have offended any one.

KPhull what the hell are you on about, is mandatory for 'amritdhari' Sikh, something all followers of Sikhi should aspire to do!!!

How is carrying a small blunt dagger, showing that were living 300 years in the past, and how is not compatible with living in modern times, and what relation has the kirpan got to with knife crime. How many attacks have happened using the kirpan??

Do you actually know the purpose of the Kirpan, other then a tool for self defence??

KPhull, you seriously need to think before posting such nonsense, I know of no Sikh, no matter how little knowledge they have of Sikhi showing such disregard to any of the 5 k's!!

KPhull what the hell are you on about, is mandatory for 'amritdhari' Sikh, something all followers of Sikhi should aspire to do!!!

How is carrying a small blunt dagger, showing that were living 300 years in the past, and how is not compatible with living in modern times, and what relation has the kirpan got to with knife crime. How many attacks have happened using the kirpan??

Do you actually know the purpose of the Kirpan, other then a tool for self defence??

KPhull, you seriously need to think before posting such nonsense, I know of no Sikh, no matter how little knowledge they have of Sikhi showing such disregard to any of the 5 k's!!

"Do you actually know the purpose of the Kirpan, other then a tool for self defence??"

No sorry, can you enlighten me please?

No sorry, i'm not gonna waste my time!!!

If you consider yourself a Sikh atleast have the decency to learn what the term and it's principle's mean, instead of being so ignorant.....................

Good day and good luck

If a Kirpan has some other meaning? Please explain.

It sounds very much like the Brahmans and there thread (Jaanou).