Thoughts On Baba Deep Singh Ji's Shaeedi

bakaree

Dhan Dhan Baba Deep Singh ji, Quam Dhay Mahaan Shaheed.

Quoting from a text I received today "all hail, the immortal, the true soorma Bahadur Akali Baba Deep Singh Shaheed , on today his Shaheedi Divas.

Thinking back at this great GurSikh, I could not help but reflect on our sad state of today in comparison. This is because along with Baba ji’s sacrifice, what is also awe-inspiring is the sacrifice of the Singhs with him, who answered the call. Also, much respect and appreciation should go to those Sikhs over the generations who have kept Baba ji’s memory alive in our minds. Gursikhs always had a special place in their hearts for their warriors and their Shaheeds, without whom they would not be here today.

For Baba ji and his Singhs, we can only remember them and aspire to be like them.

But whilst no can compare to Baba ji, what about our warriors of this generation, although they themselves would not wish to be compared to the great martyrs of the past, they too sacrificed everything in the name of Sikhi and for us. They too have gone through hardships and torture we can't even imagine let alone comprehend. Why is it then, that whilst Sikhs of old, have preserve the memory of their Shaheeds, doing everything for them possible.

We have Sikh Prisoners rotting in jail, facing a winter were without even adequate clothing or blankets, and yet when an appeal was made for these Singhs, for whom we all wear T-shirts, thousands of us turn up at marches and demonstrations all of which will have little or no impact on the Singhs themselves, I have yet to receive more than one response from the sangat:

I am sure that Sikhs after Baba Deep Singh ji would have wanted to walk in his footsteps, emulate their hero. But why would the Sikhs of tomorrow care to face injustice and oppression knowing that they will be betrayed, disowned and forgotten about by the very people they stood to defend.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji

truth is im broke :(

i get 3 bucks a week allowence n after daswanth ect i only have 1/80 left

but if there is any other way we can do seva i would be glad to

ill talk to the rents as well maybe they will help

Bhenji thanks for your message, there are many other ways you can help, please email us at info@prisonerwelfare.com so we can add you to the mailing list, in that way you could help out in the future to create awareness and fundraise.