Husband Held In Severed Hand Case

Jeevan

BBC NEWS

Husband held in severed hand case

The estranged husband of a woman left mutilated and dying in a London street has been arrested, police have said.

A murder inquiry began earlier after Geeta Aulakh, 28, died from her injuries, which included a severed hand and a head wound.

She was found in Braund Avenue, Greenford, west London, at 1900 GMT on Monday and died a few hours later.

Her husband, from whom she was separated, is one of six men who have been arrested.

Investigators believe Ms Aulakh was attacked on Monday evening, shortly after leaving work at the community radio station Sunrise Radio to pick up her two children.

Attacked elsewhere

She was found a short distance from the front door of her childminder who looked after her boys, aged eight and nine.

News producer Seema Sidha, 31, who said she walked home from work with Ms Aulakh before she went to pick up her children, described her as "a very helpful, happy person, always smiling".

"You report this sort of thing but you never expect to report your colleague like this. It's an absolute shock to everyone.

"All of us were very confused and surprised to hear the news this morning. Why would someone do this to her?"

Detectives want to talk to people who may have tried to administer first aid to Ms Aulakh before paramedics arrived.

One line of inquiry is that she was attacked elsewhere and dumped on the pavement in Braund Avenue, at its junction with Verulam Road.

Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers said: "When the victim was found we know that a lot of people were in the street and that several people may have tried to administer first aid before the police or ambulance arrived.

"These people left the scene before speaking to police and I would ask that anyone who was there, or anyone else who has information about the incident, calls us in the strictest of confidence."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/london/8365282.stm

Published: 2009/11/17 18:19:55 GMT

© BBC MMIX

BBC NEWS

Husband held in severed hand case

The estranged husband of a woman left mutilated and dying in a London street has been arrested, police have said.

A murder inquiry began earlier after Geeta Aulakh, 28, died from her injuries, which included a severed hand and a head wound.

She was found in Braund Avenue, Greenford, west London, at 1900 GMT on Monday and died a few hours later.

Her husband, from whom she was separated, is one of six men who have been arrested.

Investigators believe Ms Aulakh was attacked on Monday evening, shortly after leaving work at the community radio station Sunrise Radio to pick up her two children.

Attacked elsewhere

She was found a short distance from the front door of her childminder who looked after her boys, aged eight and nine.

News producer Seema Sidha, 31, who said she walked home from work with Ms Aulakh before she went to pick up her children, described her as "a very helpful, happy person, always smiling".

"You report this sort of thing but you never expect to report your colleague like this. It's an absolute shock to everyone.

"All of us were very confused and surprised to hear the news this morning. Why would someone do this to her?"

Detectives want to talk to people who may have tried to administer first aid to Ms Aulakh before paramedics arrived.

One line of inquiry is that she was attacked elsewhere and dumped on the pavement in Braund Avenue, at its junction with Verulam Road.

Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers said: "When the victim was found we know that a lot of people were in the street and that several people may have tried to administer first aid before the police or ambulance arrived.

"These people left the scene before speaking to police and I would ask that anyone who was there, or anyone else who has information about the incident, calls us in the strictest of confidence."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/london/8365282.stm

Published: 2009/11/17 18:19:55 GMT

© BBC MMIX

A friend said: 'It's horrific but hugely symbolic that Geeta's right hand was cut off.

'She was a Sikh and all Sikhs wear a metal bangle, the kara, on their right wrist.

'It is a permanent reminder to live a moral and good life and once it's on you can't get it off. So her murderer was both dishonouring her and perhaps tryingto show she had been dishonourable - which is just barbaric.

'We are all shocked and distraught by her murder as she was such a warm and friendly person, who lived for her sons.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1228561/Woman-dies-hours-mutilated-street-hand-cut-off.html#ixzz0XCovYIL4

The press trying to turn this into a Sikh Honour Killing when theres no such belief, trying to make out the right hand was cut as thats the hand she wore her kara on.

Back on topic though, this man is a total nutcase if proven to be guilty. Marriage is a huge problem in todays age.

What is it with Sunrise Radio female employees? In August 2005 Navjeet Sidhu, 27, was being treated for depression when she killed herself, her daughter Simran, five, and her son Aman Raj, 23 months. Navjeet Sidhu and Geeta Aulakh were both employees of Sunrise Radio. This is too much of a coincidence?

yh harpreets - 'sunny ambarsariya' ambarsariya lot - local guy - on bail till jan 2010

EDITED

Latest report is this attack is deemed to be racial as 6 immigrants have been arrested, believe to have severed her hand as racial! If this is true, Guru ji give us the strength to fight these battles!

immigrants? *Edited*

THIS IS A IMMIGRATION CASE MURDER - USING PEOPLE,DISTRUST, LIES AND DECEPTION....THATS WHAT YOU GET IF YOU SCREW PEOPLE UP.....HER HAND GETTING CHOPPED OFF WAS PART OF THE PLAN TO GIVE HER A BIT OF TORTURE B4 HER FINAL DEATH....AND WAS DELIBERATELY DESIGNED TO BE A HIGH PROFILE MURDER SO THAT IT GIVES A WARNING TO OTHERS NOT TO DO THIS SORT OF STUFF....BUT PLENTY PEOPLE STILL DO THIS... GET PAKKA AND RUN OFF

http://www.allvoices.com/s/event-4660052/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdrZXJhbGEuY29tL25rZnVsbG5ld3MtMS0xNTQ1MTEuaHRtbA==

Husband of mutilated Punjabi woman vows to catch her killer

London, Nov 20 : The estranged husband of an Indian-origin woman who was murdered this week with her hand chopped off has vowed to catch her killer.

Geeta Aulakh, a 28-year-old mother of two, died Monday after she was found with severe head wounds and her right hand severed from her arm, lying on the pavement in the west London neighbourhood of Greenford.

Six men were arrested from a home Thursday in connection with the murder while six others, who were arrested earlier - including her estranged Indian-born husband Harpreet - were released on bail.

Harpreet Aulakh told The Mirror in comments published Thursday: "I love Geeta, I would never hurt her."

"I'm disgusted. I had nothing to do with it. CCTV proves I was in a pub at the time. I was nowhere near the crime scene.

"The police arrested me because I helped them with a gang-related crime years ago, a shooting in Hounslow, and they had me on file that way. I'm going to find out who did this, and those people will pay.

"I will make sure they are sorry, even if it takes the rest of my life."

The Mirror said police had rejected a theory that Geeta was the victim of honour killing.

Harpreet Aulakh revealed he and Geeta were threatened after he gave police evidence about a shooting in the northwest London suburb of Hunslow, home to a large population of Punjabis.

"There have been threats made against me and Geeta. We should have been in police protection but they did nothing. I have been attacked by a gang in Hounslow and have wounds on my head and arms.

"What happened has got to do with me, not with her," he said.

Meanwhile, Detective Chief Inspector Howard Groves told the Daily Mail newspaper he believed Geeta's hand was cut off as she desperately tried to protect herself.

"The severance of her right hand was part and parcel of the attack. It could be a defence wound if she put her hand up to protect herself," he said.

"Whether there are other religious or cultural things, I doubt any significance can be put on that."

"Mrs Aulakh received significant injuries to her head. I'm not prepared to go into details but they were substantial. We don't have a motive yet - it's still early days. It's not something where there is an obvious motive like a robbery or a burglary," Groves added