Setting Up An Emergency Committee In Uk

T_Singh

With so much going against the Sikh Panth (clashes with Punjab Police, Sikhs being killed), Ragi Darshan issue, Muslim-Sikh issue in UK, Mistaken Identity by the wider community, media protraying a Sikh joining the BNP, hell bent gianis, justice of the widows of 84 Massacre, restoration of heritage and gold of Harmander Sahib, most importantly to unify us (ekta) etc.

A few of us have been thinking that an emergency committee is needed and should be created to commit and dedicate at least a year to recitfy issues and begin to start rectify others whilst being in constant communitcation with the sangath and communicating with wider organsations and government. It should not be just one organisation doing this. An emergency committee inviting a member of all other orgs to work together instead of against each other to rectify or to atleast start to recitfy all these issue that are going against us. This emergency committee should be the voice of ekta of UK sikhs (as it should have a member of active org on board) which can present their opinions or voice to the Akaal Takhat Sahib (instead of having different voices being presented through different channels and different opinions being raised) which leads to confusion delay and nothing being done.

UK active orgs which I can think of at present:

DDT, Nishkam, BSSF, Sikh Federation, BOSS, AKJ, Dal Khalsa, BSCF Possibly their could be more please list if you can think.

They all be approached inviting a member to be on the emergency committe board

Some of these orgs may over-lap and may have individuals that may not see eye to eye, however the invitation will be open to all and they all need to put their feelings aside for the sake of the panth. This emergency committee will have nothing to do or affliated with one jathebandi rather an to attempt to put pressure on govt that all Sikh groups have come together in a emergency group to assit for you to listen and take us seriously. Please let me know of your thoughts and speak to organisations that you may belong to.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We fully agree with what you have to say and BSSF is currently in discussion with a number of Organisations about having something similar to what your are suggesting.

There is said to be a meeting tomorrow at Smethwick and all Organisations are expected to attend.

What is most vital is that we work together, even if we do so as separate organisations as well as stop the slander of each other as at this fragile time, Unity is of the greatest importance.

Gagandip Singh

BSSF

Veer Gagandip Singh,

Please do keep the sangath updated of this meeting and which other organisations had been approached so that we can know who is on-board.

The idea which we had was that, it would be best to get the most active, good speaking and writing Singh/Singhni from each SIkh representative body on board for the emergency committee then to dedicate at least a year, to attempt to get rid of the clutter which is causing so much divide amongst our beautiful path. Sometime I have seen that their has been many issue's that get left under the carpet or completely ignored by some of our organisations which represent the Sikhs (With all due respect to them too)

i.e. Sikhs in Pakistan how would we have felt if we had been there. UK Sikh do need to bring this forward.

The Afghani Sikhs are very respected and a Religous community too, however they havent fully opened up to main stream UK Sikhs. This could be infact because that they are used to being a close knit group and not trusting anybody (I feel we could have done more as a community during their time of emigrating).

There are many issue which we as a community tend to not tackle; however we have to get out of our old ways, and not expect to leave the next person to deal with it. Issue's like Babbu Maan which I had seen so many post in regards to the topic are pointless. Lets pick up a book, learn history, politics, Sikh history, Abhiaas, Keertan and be active in shaping our communnity.

You can also PM me.

In January we will do an European Sikh Youth Smagam as every year in Germany. Several Sikhs from all over Europe and UK are comming. I guess we will adress the Smagam as Panthic Ekta Smagam. It would be nice, if you could work on a letter, how we as sikhs outside India can be active. And do any kind of sewa which is necessary now.

With so much going against the Sikh Panth (clashes with Punjab Police, Sikhs being killed), Ragi Darshan issue, Muslim-Sikh issue in UK, Mistaken Identity by the wider community, media protraying a Sikh joining the BNP, hell bent gianis, justice of the widows of 84 Massacre, restoration of heritage and gold of Harmander Sahib, most importantly to unify us (ekta) etc.

A few of us have been thinking that an emergency committee is needed and should be created to commit and dedicate at least a year to recitfy issues and begin to start rectify others whilst being in constant communitcation with the sangath and communicating with wider organsations and government. It should not be just one organisation doing this. An emergency committee inviting a member of all other orgs to work together instead of against each other to rectify or to atleast start to recitfy all these issue that are going against us. This emergency committee should be the voice of ekta of UK sikhs (as it should have a member of active org on board) which can present their opinions or voice to the Akaal Takhat Sahib (instead of having different voices being presented through different channels and different opinions being raised) which leads to confusion delay and nothing being done.

UK active orgs which I can think of at present:

DDT, Nishkam, BSSF, Sikh Federation, BOSS, AKJ, Dal Khalsa, BSCF Possibly their could be more please list if you can think.

They all be approached inviting a member to be on the emergency committe board

Some of these orgs may over-lap and may have individuals that may not see eye to eye, however the invitation will be open to all and they all need to put their feelings aside for the sake of the panth. This emergency committee will have nothing to do or affliated with one jathebandi rather an to attempt to put pressure on govt that all Sikh groups have come together in a emergency group to assit for you to listen and take us seriously. Please let me know of your thoughts and speak to organisations that you may belong to.

I dont want to discourage you from your obvious good intentions but I must warn you that you will have very little luck with some of these groups, from the looks of things our people can never work together without bringing those who are or trying to do anything down, it seems to be part of our nature now.

From the above, the only ones that will try and do anything (or support those in india doing anything) are probably Nishkam Sewak Jatha, Sikh Federation, BOSS, some of the youth from UK DDT also connected with BOSS possibly and just maybe some of the AKJ, all the rest "gold medal wale" are just a waste of time and don't or won't do anything. Where is Manmohan singh khalsa of dal khalsa now and those few gang-type southall youth? BSSF are just good for giving out statements supporting singers (big mistake - should apologise ASAP!), they have no say in panth - a couple of youth trying to compete with BOSS, where is akali dal amritsar (although i respect mann but he sometimes makes mistakes and over does it)? Where is british sikh council's kulwant singh dhesi and tarsem deol etc now? im afraid to say they are good for NOTHING. Even dhesi has backed down in his show yesterday and now decided to support panthic people from the looks of things. Panjab radio and other missionarys? Where are they? Give panjab radio one thing though - this morning they said regardless of their views on sant ranjit singh ji dhadrian wale, they said they have to give credit where its due - so at least panjab radio cannot ignore this truth.

Non of these will help except those like sikh federation, boss etc who will not just keep making meaningless statements without any intention of doing anything. If they cannot do anything here at least they will not bring down those in india and try to support them hopefully.

People and organisations in foreign countries should think if they cant do anything themself they should support those who are trying to and ARE in india, or just stay quiet.

IMHO - The best way is for those who want to do something to carry on. Support those who are doing anything, and the best thing is to do what we can PERSONALLY. No need to keep making new groups that wont work with same people in them who have no agenda but to bring down those parcharaks in the forefront. THE BEST GROUP IS YOUR OWN GROUP AND TO DO WHAT YOU CAN DO, be it financial help, ardas or helping and supporting those who are doing something.

These are my neutral thoughts and views in regards to this topic.

If we could possibly be in much contact with our MPs in regards to many issues, but again they need to be finally channeled through a voice rather than MPs tending to say we get mix signals from the Sikh community. If an active org took on an issue which naujawans could get together to compile a report (i.e. Racist attacks from wider community) or a report to Scotland Yard in re: Other community orgs targetting Sikh women and vunerable males as a mission, this could be done through surviellence and again compiled as report to be presented. Assisting Sikh VCOs (Voluntary community orgs) to shape and assit them in funding to get our youth of Streets/Gangs (i.e instead of the Ideas of others orgs how to tackle gang violence we can shape our own youth)Bringing the issue of Sikhs in Pakistan being targetted to MPs doors...

These are just the top off my head...

If we could possibly be in much contact with our MPs in regards to many issues, but again they need to be finally channeled through a voice rather than MPs tending to say we get mix signals from the Sikh community. If an active org took on an issue which naujawans could get together to compile a report (i.e. Racist attacks from wider community) or a report to Scotland Yard in re: Other community orgs targetting Sikh women and vunerable males as a mission, this could be done through surviellence and again compiled as report to be presented. Assisting Sikh VCOs (Voluntary community orgs) to shape and assit them in funding to get our youth of Streets/Gangs (i.e instead of the Ideas of others orgs how to tackle gang violence we can shape our own youth)Bringing the issue of Sikhs in Pakistan being targetted to MPs doors...

I have no belief in credentials of Dal khalsa. That is my assessment about them on core sikh issues. Keep them out.

I have no belief in credentials of Dal khalsa. That is my assessment about them on core sikh issues. Keep them out.

I would just like to reiterate the need to stop attacking our own people and work for the common good. Bhai Kanwarpal Singh Bittu of Dal Khalsa International has been at Ludhiana since yesterday and Dal Khalsa Has taken a pro-active role in many aspects. Jathedar Bhai Gajinder Singh has been underground for over 27YEARS!

BSSF members have been in constant contact with Members of Sikh Student Federation (Gazi) Dal Khalsa (India) and SADA PP (Bhai Sandeep Singh Canadian) and has been pressing on all UK based organisations to to come together and take some practical steps too support Sikhs in Punjab.

I would just like to reiterate the need to stop attacking our own people and work for the common good. Bhai Kanwarpal Singh Bittu of Dal Khalsa International has been at Ludhiana since yesterday and Dal Khalsa Has taken a pro-active role in many aspects. Jathedar Bhai Gajinder Singh has been underground for over 27YEARS!

BSSF members have been in constant contact with Members of Sikh Student Federation (Gazi) Dal Khalsa (India) and SADA PP (Bhai Sandeep Singh Canadian) and has been pressing on all UK based organisations to to come together and take some practical steps too support Sikhs in Punjab.

Can you tell us role of Kamwarpal Bittu in ragi affairs? Can you tell us sponsor of Ragi visit to germany last year. We all know Ragi's agenda is to propagate against dasam pita;s bani. What type of dal khalsa is it that disowns its father' bani.

How can they be helpful when one of agenda item is Ragi darshanu. Satnam paonta has used very abusive language for Dasam pita's bani.

The latest is that the likes of the Government controlled SGPC and the corrupt Prakash Singh Badal Government are now trying to "please" the (many poor) families of the victims by offering financial help in an attempt to get greater influence over the families than the Sikhs and Panthic personalities. Panthic Sikh groups must unite and be careful with who they can and cannot trust in these times. There is more danger from our internal organisations that the obvious external threats.