Ranjit Singh And Hazur Sahib

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I was in discussion with a fellow brother and we was talking about the panth and certain issues....and obvs Sri Dasam Granth came into issue and we branched of to Hazur Sahib. Now Hazur Sahib was constructed by Maharaaaja Ranjit Singh, now my fellow brother said that when Guru Gobind Singh Jee went to Saach Khand he said along the lines that do not build on this site and whoever does his raaj will be destoryed.

Can the sangat here help me cause I have tried to do some research but come up a blank. :D

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Why use someone else's name?

Anmyway, there was always a small shrine to Guru Sahib at the spot where the takhat now stands, which was maintained by a few Sikhs until Maharaj Ranjit Singh built the Gurudwara. He knew of the legend but didn't care, he had more pyar for Maharaj ji than his own family or dynasty.

There were other Gurudwaras around the Takhat that have been there since Guru Ji became jyoti-jyot e.g. Mata Sahib Devan Gurudwara etc.

Our historic Granths go into some detail about what happened immediately after 1708 - listen to Katha of Suraj Prakash to learn more.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee went to Saach Khand he said along the lines that do not build on this site and whoever does his raaj will be destoryed.

sounds like one where Guru Ji says a sikh must visit hazur sahib in his lifetime b4 he is 60 otherwise janam is birtha.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Why use someone else's name?

Anmyway, there was always a small shrine to Guru Sahib at the spot where the takhat now stands, which was maintained by a few Sikhs until Maharaj Ranjit Singh built the Gurudwara. He knew of the legend but didn't care, he had more pyar for Maharaj ji than his own family or dynasty.

There were other Gurudwaras around the Takhat that have been there since Guru Ji became jyoti-jyot e.g. Mata Sahib Devan Gurudwara etc.

Our historic Granths go into some detail about what happened immediately after 1708 - listen to Katha of Suraj Prakash to learn more.

I agree there was always a Takht at Hazoor Sahib why before Ranjit Singhs time. It has been there since Guru Sahibs time. Bhai Daya Singh Ji and I think Bhai Sahib Singh Ji mention in their rehatnamas addressed to the SInghs in PUnjab and elswhere, that if you want Darshan of Guru Sahib and reach liberation then come to Abhchal Nagar ( Hazoor Sahib). Many tru to twist these rehatnamas around and say if you come to Hazoor Sahib before you are 60 you will reach liberation. No need for Amirt, Rehat just come to Hazoor Sahib before you are 60. What a great way to scare older people to go on a pilgramage to Hazoor Sahib, lol

Are you the Niddar Singh "Nang" of the RSS who does the "Shastar Vidya" in the UK?

Just want to confirm, if not (you probably aren't) then thats okay and carry on posting. Just so that no one is confused that you might be the UK nang, best to clarify you ARE or you ARE NOT him.

thanksss

<br />
<br />Guru Gobind Singh Jee went to Saach Khand he said along the lines that do not build on this site and whoever does his raaj will be destoryed.

>sounds like one where Guru Ji says a sikh must visit hazur sahib in his lifetime b4 he is 60 otherwise janam is birtha.

All these things are told stories not based on Gurbani di KASWATTI.

GURBANI tells us in this regard as under:-

ਜਿਥੈ ਜਾਇ ਬਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸੋ ਥਾਨੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥

jithhai jaae behai maeraa sathiguroo so thhaan suhaavaa raam raajae ||

Wherever my True Guru goes and sits, that place is beautiful, O Lord King.

ਗੁਰਸਿਖਂ​‍ੀ ਸੋ ਥਾਨੁ ਭਾਲਿਆ ਲੈ ਧੂਰਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਵਾ ॥

gurasikhanaee so thhaan bhaaliaa lai dhhoor mukh laavaa ||

The Guru's Sikhs seek out that place; they take the dust and apply it to their faces.

ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾ ਕੀ ਘਾਲ ਥਾਇ ਪਈ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵਾ ॥

gurasikhaa kee ghaal thhaae pee jin har naam dhhiaavaa ||

The works of the Guru's Sikhs, who meditate on the Lord's Name, are approved.

ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਜਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਾਵਾ ॥੨॥

jinh naanak sathigur poojiaa thin har pooj karaavaa ||2||

(Assa mehla 4 Chhant, at ang 450 Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji )

Bhul chuk khima WJKK WJKF

singh jee i have heard this too

what i was that whoever builds a gurdwara sahib at my death place his entire family will be wiped out

No I am not that fool LOL its just a shame he is my name sake.

So what my friend had told me was false then???