International Protests For Ludhiana Violence

gareeb singh

Sangat Jee,

Firstly, Good will not come out of protesting in Ludhiana alone. We need to provide assistance for Singhs and Singhneea in Punjab. Either way, there will be violence whether we show up to protests with Kirpanaa(n) or without any weapons. It is best to go without weapons because the Police will use force either way. We should make it easier to prosecute the police after.

Secondly, we need to begin to organize protests internationally. When we voice our opinions to our local governments (Canada, USA, Australia, UK), we will be creating pressure on our governments to resolve conflicts, and for the Indian government to tackle this problem diplomatically.

For example, if there are protests in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, Dallas, California, Australia, Uk and these governments begin to recognize the problem, they will be putting pressure on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to formulate resolutions in India because of the international outrage.

There is a theory called NIMBY which stands for Not In My BackYard. No country's government wants chaos or disruption on their domestic soil (backyard) regarding issues in other countries. They will be quick to pick up the phone and call Manmohan Singh to advise him to get his act together. It is a shame that Manmohan Singh has not intervened on such an issue which concerns his panth.

Let us remind our Panthic Brothers and Sisters in Punjab that they are not alone.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVahaGuruJeKeFetah

dont wanna offend anyone where did protesting bout the Bow incident get us wheres 25 yrs of protesting got us they wont even let us make a memoral stand in london for the singhs that gave there shaheddi and we foughtwith the British in the world wars and u think protest about the lastest incident in india this is gonna help ????

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVahaGuruJeKeFetah

Bhai Sahib this is what im saying we need to protest.. Bay Area needs to protest. I have been emailing Fremont Gurdwara, El sobranre gurdwara and got the numbers to call these to gurdwaras and even san jose gurdwara, I have less people with me to actually do protest and to bring this up in our gurdwaras. How can we do more if we just keep seeing and hearing about situations and not do nothing. we need to organize and step up,

Ladli Fauj,

If you're from the Bay, get a hold of your media agencies. I have tried to contact The Star, CBC, CNN (thats a long shot...), but try to contact insidebayarea.com, KTVU and the local stations. Contact SALDEF and SikhCoalition...They are excellent resources. They may only handle domestic issues, but this may be an opportunity for them to make an impact internationally. They will definitely help.

We have to put pressure on our local governments so that they can shift the pressure to India. Its going to start with awareness and this is the least we can do.

I think we need to restrict ourselves from posting suggestions directed towards our Singhs and Singhnees in Punjab and begin directing our attention to everybody outside of India. They are doing an excellent job in Punjab, and I am sure our Punjab Sangat is very pleased to hear that the UK Sangat has organized meetings to decide courses of action.

Ladli Fauj,

If you're from the Bay, get a hold of your media agencies. I have tried to contact The Star, CBC, CNN (thats a long shot...), but try to contact insidebayarea.com, KTVU and the local stations. Contact SALDEF and SikhCoalition...They are excellent resources. They may only handle domestic issues, but this may be an opportunity for them to make an impact internationally. They will definitely help.

We have to put pressure on our local governments so that they can shift the pressure to India. Its going to start with awareness and this is the least we can do.

I think we need to restrict ourselves from posting suggestions directed towards our Singhs and Singhnees in Punjab and begin directing our attention to everybody outside of India. They are doing an excellent job in Punjab, and I am sure our Punjab Sangat is very pleased to hear that the UK Sangat has organized meetings to decide courses of action.

yes yes i have emailed cnn twice and will email and call those news channells you pointed out.... Thnks a lot bro i needed more news medias, we can not let this go, print out fliers, i have printed a lot of fliers and posted thm in san francisco, we need to make awareness