Reading Paath From Computer

singh_soldier

i encouraged a white english lady (who has had some problems )to read SGGS english translation online sloooowly slooowly line by line a year ago . last sunday , we met and she told me she is now around panna 1,200. Her mind has got so soaked up , that she kept talking about how her outlook to life has changed from materialistic towards God and has helped her to get the right outlook and perspective towards the meaning of life and being alive. I could see that she has become very angelic , wise and is on the path of becoming a gurmukh. As gurbani says ''Sikhi , Sikhiya Gur Vichar''.

On the other extreme, i also know of a lot and a lot of Sikhs i have come across in my life who are completely sensitive and conscious towards avoiding any beadbhee as they read SGGS from 1 sehaj path to the next and the next. However, their lives , remain untouched by the gyan /knowledge within SGGS because of their own failure, but they do derive great psychological comfort from their believe that they are in God's good books, because they have not committed any beadbi and have made God well happy by going through a reading.

I knew a rich man who had SGGS parkash in a special room in his huge house. Now that man had always a sehaj paath on the go. He was well trained in doing parkash and semaptee.The carpet was very thick n cosy in the room too . There was always burning incense. Every morning , afternoon and evening , food was taken and placed before SGGS nanakseria style for ''bhog''. HOWEVER , the same man rarely even bothered offering me a cup of tea or even a glass of water whever i visited them , leave alone inviting me to join the family for a meal , if they were in the midst of dinner when i dropped by to matha tek b4 SGGS whever i passed by! His wife living in the same house would not even ever talk to her mother-in-law living in the same house . This is less than half of the story but i'll leave it at that!

Now! compare that , to this following story! I met a young mona 'sikh' once in my life about 24 years ago. He told me he did not believe in God , and also was confused and depressed . I immediately gave him a copy of harban singh doabia's Sacred Nitnem translation without giving him any instructions as to how to use it or read it . One year later, i met him again. Immediately he hugged me very tightly and started thanking me . I could see he had a great radiance on his forehead and looked very cheerful . He said to me that gutka i had given him had completely changed his life around. He told me every morning he had to sit on a bus and go to colegge and the journey took 45 minutes and same on the way back. During this journey , he would get the translation out and just read it a few lines at a time and think of its meaning and how it related to his life . As he began to do that his entire life changed , he started to believe in God and pray to God , had started to go to Gurudwara , etc etc etc . He realised he had been a self centred selfish person but now he realised life was about being kind and compassionate, considerate and humble but fearless. And thats than less than half the story told too.

The fact is, if you listen to the old Mahapurkhs, it is a bit of beadbi.

A moderate position on the matter would be this: If you're already amritdhari and reading from Gutka sahib, and use rumallas, rehls, etc. keep doing what you're doing.

If on the other hand, you wouldn't know what to do with a rehl (Gutka-stand), any bani, that you get from anywhere would be a step forward.

harban singh doabia's Sacred Nitnem translation

This is a very, very good God-centered translation and exposition. It really focuses on what we're here to do on Earth.