Sants, And Other Fakes

slick_jatt

Ever since the beginning, i have been taught that we should not idol worship and not worship Sants and other fake people trying to say they are 'gods messenger' and etc. I have noticed on your site u refer to sants. I believe if you going to represent the Sikh religon, respresent it the way it is supposed to be,, through the Guru Granth Sahib, your site should have hymns from the guru granth sahib, not teaching and confusing kids about fake sants.....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed on your site u refer to sants.

slick_jatt veer, What you are saying is Correct, but The way you see how we view sants is wrong. Every one on the Forum has great respect for Sants and bhagats who devoted their life to the Panth, but i don't think we Worship them.

There is a great differece between Following and Worshipping.

We as Sikhs Only Bow to Guru Granth Sahib as our Guru.

We as Sikhs Only Pray to Waheguru ji

We as Sikhs Respect Sants and Bhagats who were Great SIkhs

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Yeah Veerjee u r rite....

We should not "worship" Gursikhs by calling them Sants or Sant Ji Maharaj......this is very common among the followers of Baba Ishar Singh Mustanewaley and also Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawaley.....i think ppl just want to give them a lot of respect, but often do more than that!

i found a very good article on AKJ UK:

http://www.akj.org.uk/literature/article.a...s=sangat&f=sant

should we call Baba Jarnail Singh jee a Sant? (read the article above)?

Anyway.......Veer jee you say that we should not represent Sikhi in a 'bad' way...and you are 100% rite......

but may i ask you (if you are a Sikh)....do you think it is rite to show that you are a jatt (i.e. 'slick_jatt')...when Guru Gobind Singh Jee stoped the JAAT-PAAT system?

please, not be offended...

May Waheguru ji bless you...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Baba Jarnail Singh Jee hated anyone calling him sant!!

He once said, "show me where my certificate is that I am a sant?"

one time a woman came up to him asking for a baby (as many do to sants) and he got up screaming and pointing his theer at her yelling "did you guys hear what she said?!?"

he didnt like any of this pakhand. Hes my type of guy. I wish I had gotten his darshan. :D

yeh mkhalsa is right rolleyes.gif

only Guru sahibs were the true sants...i don't think anyone has led a jeevan like them so how can one even think of callin another a sant is beyond me...ALTHOUGH there have been true gursikhs on this earth but they did not need a title to show how saintly they were...take bhai sahib randhir singh for example he led a really good life he was a warrior but also a humble guy at the same time...i remember somebody told me what he had done once (sorry if its not accurate) :D

randhir singh was waiting in a line for the train with other gursikhs in india, they were in deep naam simran therefore didn't realise that they were holding up the line, this guy who worked there hit bhai sahib and told him to hurry up bhai sahib randhir singh fell to the ground he said maaf karo and moved on ( THIS SHOWED HOW HUMBLE HE WAS)

then later one he came off the train and he saw a group of men trying to rape a young woman he faught all of them and helped the girl ( THIS SHOWED HIS SIPAHI SIDE)

sorry for going off the topic but i think he was a true gursikh yet he didn't get the title of sant :T:

he didn't want it either

call everyone with the same respect and concent

rate on ur own jeevan...

I personally don't believe in any sants in life/human form. I do respect them but i don't think of them as high profile figure.. LIke BIG BIG Priest or something like that.. We have more damage done by having words like sant and treating others like sant and i know they do deserve much much respect, but in sikhi it's differant.. Cauz if one do follow any *True* sant then the general pendu sangat will blindly follow some other COPY CAT sants.. So damage is more..

Just follow Guru Granth Sahib.. and yeah encourage Singhs/kaurs (sants) to promote sikhi within sikh community without getting the famous figure.. just 2 cent of my thought :D

BTW, jslick bruv sant is word we use to give respect to the person who did a lot for the community just like Royal family of UK give word "LORD".., but i think sometime this word is very misleading tooo..

• 4 weeks later...