Charity Kirtan Darbar

B.S.S.F

ritish Sikh Student Federation proudly presents this Charity Kirtan Darbar to raise money for Khalsa Aid and its forthcoming projects in Punjab on Saturday 23rd January 2010 at Central Shepherds Bush Gurdwara,58-62 Queensdale Road, London W11 4SG from 6pm-10pm.

Kirtan on the night by:

Supported by:

University College London Sikh Society

Kings College London Sikh Society

Kingston University Sikh Society

G5 Sikh Media

& Amrit Bani Radio

kirtan_charity_event.jpg

Well that is good. If you carry on doing real Sewa like this and remain PANTHIC and true to PURAATAN traditions and support Sants and parcharaks, then you will slowly start to get more and more respect as an organisation.

Puraatan ji, you may find it interesting to note by Bhai Ravinder Singh Ji of Khalsa Aid has be told to stop working with Sikh Missionary Ludhiana because "you should only work with sants and babas."

The children that are unable to attend school due to poverty, parents hooked to drugs or taken astray by dehdarhi Gurus Ashutosh as being helped with basic needs by Khalsa Aid with the support of Sikh Missionary Ludhiana who provide various materials for Sikhi education but Khalsa Aid is pestered to stop working with the Missionary College.

Seva is done becuase there is a need and should be niskam,(Selfless) without motive and not please a Sant or Baba.

What "Fake" Seva has BSSF ever undertook.

Well that is good. If you carry on doing real Sewa like this and remain PANTHIC and true to PURAATAN traditions and support Sants and parcharaks, then you will slowly start to get more and more respect as an organisation.

Puraatan ji, you may find it interesting to note by Bhai Ravinder Singh Ji of Khalsa Aid has be told to stop working with Sikh Missionary Ludhiana because "you should only work with sants and babas."

The children that are unable to attend school due to poverty, parents hooked to drugs or taken astray by dehdarhi Gurus Ashutosh as being helped with basic needs by Khalsa Aid with the support of Sikh Missionary Ludhiana who provide various materials for Sikhi education but Khalsa Aid is pestered to stop working with the Missionary College.

Seva is done becuase there is a need and should be niskam,(Selfless) without motive and not please a Sant or Baba.

What "Fake" Seva has BSSF ever undertook.

gagan-47 ji, thanks for your input in this topic. Firstly, nothing has been said about Khalsa Aid, they seem to be doing a good job, my post was directed at bssf, and not in a negative way. Sorry if it sounded like that.

I did not quite understand what you mean by the Missionary College? Can you explain that more clearly, are you saying that Khalsa Aid work with the Missionary College?

Look forward to your reply.

1. Khalsa Aid receives much of its parchar material, i.e. Text books, leaflets and handout for classes they hold from the Missionary college in Ludhiana.

The basic idea is - Sikh children from (financially) poor families attend sikhi classes organised by Khalsa Aid and in return the whole family must keep away from drugs and alcohol. So it encourages a gurmat lifestyle and bring the youth into sikhi and the families get assistance with education/marriage for their children etc.

2. Sikh Missionary College Ludhiana provides parchar resources for these classes.

Some people have been saying that Khalsa Aid should not work with the College due to other issues (Sri Dasam Granth) which i wouldn't go into. But if Khalsa Aid stops working with Missionary then will Pro Dasam Granth Sangat offer a permanent replacement of funds and material. This is not a issue to compare or see who is better, but if Sikh Missionary Ludhiana is providing assistance to a charity, should they be stopped because other people don't agree with some other issues?

These children just want basic school, a dad that doesn't bet and abuse them, a mum that can cook and care for them, to feel like someone cares and that they have a sense of value and see a point to live. To stay away from alcohol and drugs, to be decent people and greatest of all to follow Sikhi.

They are too innocent to understand the complexities of Sri Dasam Granth. I know its a hot topic at the moment and i hold my views very closely. But surely it doesn't make sense to stop a organisation from doing seva if you (not you personally) don't agree with some different issues.

3. In regards to BSSF, we've been bashed and pushed since day one! We will continue to do our small piece no matter what anybody says or does. Of course we will listen and take on board anything that sangat feels we should/shouldn't be doing. But there is a way to say that, we get suggestions all the time but you stated "real seva" and "stay panthic".

I'd assume that you have picked up on BSSF conducting some kind of "fake seva" and we're were not "panthic" at some stage.

It would be interesting to know when you felt this was. I don't take offence, but if you could kindly explain what you don't understand or see reason with then i can definitely explain why we took a certain step or clear any misunderstanding.

AND PLEASE DO ATTEND THE CHARITY KIRTAN

Gurfateh

Gagandip Singh

• 2 weeks later...