Helo all,

This probably seems like a really <banned word filter activated> question to you as you all probably know all about this blush.gif

But I just wondered if someone could briefly explain to me what the whole 1984 thing is about? Cos i'm not really sure what it is :wub: ohmy.gif :

Yasmin

xxx

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

briefly -

Before 1984, Indian goverment woudl send 'fake saints' who wouyld disrespect Sikhism, adn the SIkh Guru by Wripping out Pages from Guru ji, and do a LOT of other disrespectful things.

Whenj Sikhs deonstrated peacefully, they were welcomed with a rain of bullets.

as Sikhs are taught to only raise weapons when all other means of negotiation fial, and it is for a DEFENCE purpose.

this lead to Sikhs asking for the promises made by Indian gov prior petition of Panjab, when Sikhs could have choosen to have a separate country, but were persuaded to be unfied, adn were promisedthat if they later on wanted a separate state, they woudl get one.

This promise was later on responded by a simple 'Times have changed'.

Sikhs worked hard and were nto given credit or anything, and lived in poor conditions. Sikhs asked for their rights from the Goverment

Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa was a Sikh leader or preached a LOT, and got a LOT of Sihks to be more abitiouis to learn more, and follow Sikhi as much as posisble. Obviously this was not liekd by India,so they arrested hima fewe times, but due t the fact tha he had done no crime, he was later on released.

Later on iN Akal takhat, Indira GAndhi ordered and attack on Akal Takhat - on of the most sacered Shrines of Sikhi, whcih end up in ASHES and blood fil ed the sacred pool.

thousands ans thousands innocent people were killed, although the gov had promsised 'minimum damage' they decided to attack on one of the holidays of Sikhs when Sikhs from all over the world would gather. The Library was burnt - which cont

aind over 300 HANDWRITTEn copies of Guru ji.

After a few motnhs Indira's Sikh bodyguard - got the ooppertunitu to assinate her.

THis lead to massive riot in Dehli, where Hindu mobs would gather up arounda sikh and put oil on every Sikh seen and burn them, and Rape every Sikh women seen on the streets.

there were MASSIVE amount of tortured people in Panjab.

HUman rights instituions such as Amnesty International etc asre banned to go and and make an invetigatin - why woudl that be rolleyes.gif

Click here for more detaield information

bhull chukk maaf

please forgive me fi i have offended you in anyway, and pelase forgive my spelling errors as I'm in a bit of a hurry blush.gif :wub:

Please correct me if something inaccurate has been said

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!