I Kissed A Girl

Guest Guptlupt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say you've blown this way out of proportion and your making a mountain out of a molehill...

Most importantly you've realised how easy it can be for one thing to lead to another. Don't beat yourself up about what happened but just be careful in future and try not to put yourself in such positions where something could potentially happen...

Bhaji,

Amrit is not some weak thing that can be broken just because you have touched someone. Bujjar kaurait is when you have had an intimate relationship with someone.

A peck on the cheek is hardly this.

Westerners sometimes give you a peck on the cheek when the meet or when it is someones wedding, does that mean you then run to the Panj Piyaray for pesh?

Do ardas and refrain in the future, job done, get on with your life.

Guest sharam kar

people are taking amrit on a whim. the amount of posts/ threads that are about pesh on this site illustrate this clearly. to all the people who have advised this person that it is okay to behave in this manner, i would like to see some proof and also how you can justify that it is ok. this is not a grey area in sikhi at all, thus there is no debate. what you have done is wrong, its irrelevant that your going to be married to this person as per mahraj's hukum nothing is definite.

in my opinion pesh is not the answer. the answer is abiding by maryada in the first place. otherwise any singh or singhni of the guru could commit all manners of sins, with the view of "no problem, i can pesh after". there are countless stories of gursikhs following the hukum to the letter, whereas we today are looking for loopholes, trying to bend the rules, o and if that doesnt work then we can always pesh.

stop making a mockery out of amrit.

I think we need a reality check here.

Are we saying that once you take amrit that one does not make mistakes ? That we are 100% rehat vaan all the time ? That would surely make use quite amazing Gursikhs. Unfortunately very few are of this avasta. We all make mistakes, all of us, bar none.

We are all - bhoolan haar. We are human so we make mistakes, all the time, many times a day, that is who we are, we cannot avoid it.

I don't think anyone takes amrit lightly, but even after amrit we make mistakes. We need to do ardaas ask forgiveness and move forward. If however the mistake is major then pesh is required. But for something like this just do ardaas, don't do it again and move on.

We ourselves put off potential amritdharies with these draconian attitudes, Sikhi is not like this, there is forgiveness and understanding when a person makes a mistake, not finger pointing and condemning.

which of us here can say that they are purer then pure ?????