Sri Guru Granth Has Farsii Writtings Within It

Bir_Rass

went to india and met a giani in my massi's pind and he told me that sri Guru Nanak dev jee wrote farsii in the sri guru granth sahib....

page 721

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

The final version Of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj was spoken by Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj and wrote by mani Singh e.g Bhai Mani Singh Baba Deep Singh have u done any research or u just going on wat u heard ??? coz most of us sikhs believe wat we hear see without any proof!!!

Sumone once said to me my skin is made of Glabjaman until i bit myself and realised he was having me on!!1

so please tell the sangat wat proof u have

n i agree with the above brother its an ang not page bruv !!!

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

to bhai sukh singh youve just showed us the level of understanding people actually have in the writings in sri guru granth sahib which is not much. maybe you should get down to some good research and khoj of what languages in maharaj jee , you would be suprised bhai sahib...

to the original poster YES guru nanak dev ji wrote 1 shabad in farsi , in persian script which was later written down by guru arajan dev jee in sri aadh guru granth sahib in gurmukhi script. we have to remember that gurbani came in music from in kirtan form not wriiten format. it was written later as a way of documentation etc but when guru sahib receieved gurbani from akal purakh is alwayas came in kritan form.

i beleive guru arajn dev ji also wrote a shabad in farsi

anways here is sri guru nanak dev jees bani in raag tilang , ' yak arz guftam ' ang 721 it is the 1st shabad in raag tilang

raag thila(n)g mehalaa 1 ghar 1

ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||

yak araj gufatham paes tho dhar gos kun karathaar ||

hakaa kabeer kareem thoo baeaib paravadhagaar ||1||

dhuneeaa mukaamae faanee thehakeek dhil dhaanee ||

mam sar mooe ajaraaeel girafatheh dhil haech n dhaanee ||1|| rehaao ||

jan pisar padhar biraadharaa(n) kas naes dhasatha(n)geer ||

aakhir biafatham kas n dhaaradh choo(n) savadh thakabeer ||2||

sab roj gasatham dhar havaa karadhaem badhee khiaal ||

gaahae n naekee kaar karadham mam ea(n)aee chinee ahavaal ||3||

badhabakhath ham ch bakheel gaafil baenajar baebaak ||

naanak bugoyadh jan thuraa thaerae chaakaraa(n) paa khaak ||4||1||

Raag Tilang, First Mehla, First House:

One Universal Creator God. Truth Is The Name. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying. Beyond Birth. Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace:

I offer this one prayer to You; please listen to it, O Creator Lord.

You are true, great, merciful and spotless, O Cherisher Lord. ||1||

The world is a transitory place of mortality - know this for certain in your mind.

Azraa-eel, the Messenger of Death, has caught me by the hair on my head, and yet, I do not know it at all in my mind. ||1||Pause||

Spouse, children, parents and siblings - none of them will be there to hold your hand.

And when at last I fall, and the time of my last prayer has come, there shall be no one to rescue me. ||2||

Night and day, I wandered around in greed, contemplating evil schemes.

I never did good deeds; this is my condition. ||3||

I am unfortunate, miserly, negligent, shameless and without the Fear of God.

Says Nanak, I am Your humble servant, the dust of the feet of Your slaves. ||4||1||

to bhai sukh singh youve just showed us the level of understanding people actually have in the writings in sri guru granth sahib which is not much. maybe you should get down to some good research and khoj of what languages in maharaj jee , you would be suprised bhai sahib...

to the original poster YES guru nanak dev ji wrote 1 shabad in farsi , in persian script which was later written down by guru arajan dev jee in sri aadh guru granth sahib in gurmukhi script. we have to remember that gurbani came in music from in kirtan form not wriiten format. it was written later as a way of documentation etc but when guru sahib receieved gurbani from akal purakh is alwayas came in kritan form.

i beleive guru arajn dev ji also wrote a shabad in farsi

anways here is sri guru nanak dev jees bani in raag tilang , ' yak arz guftam ' ang 721 it is the 1st shabad in raag tilang

raag thila(n)g mehalaa 1 ghar 1

ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||

yak araj gufatham paes tho dhar gos kun karathaar ||

hakaa kabeer kareem thoo baeaib paravadhagaar ||1||

dhuneeaa mukaamae faanee thehakeek dhil dhaanee ||

mam sar mooe ajaraaeel girafatheh dhil haech n dhaanee ||1|| rehaao ||

jan pisar padhar biraadharaa(n) kas naes dhasatha(n)geer ||

aakhir biafatham kas n dhaaradh choo(n) savadh thakabeer ||2||

sab roj gasatham dhar havaa karadhaem badhee khiaal ||

gaahae n naekee kaar karadham mam ea(n)aee chinee ahavaal ||3||

badhabakhath ham ch bakheel gaafil baenajar baebaak ||

naanak bugoyadh jan thuraa thaerae chaakaraa(n) paa khaak ||4||1||

Raag Tilang, First Mehla, First House:

One Universal Creator God. Truth Is The Name. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying. Beyond Birth. Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace:

I offer this one prayer to You; please listen to it, O Creator Lord.

You are true, great, merciful and spotless, O Cherisher Lord. ||1||

The world is a transitory place of mortality - know this for certain in your mind.

Azraa-eel, the Messenger of Death, has caught me by the hair on my head, and yet, I do not know it at all in my mind. ||1||Pause||

Spouse, children, parents and siblings - none of them will be there to hold your hand.

And when at last I fall, and the time of my last prayer has come, there shall be no one to rescue me. ||2||

Night and day, I wandered around in greed, contemplating evil schemes.

I never did good deeds; this is my condition. ||3||

I am unfortunate, miserly, negligent, shameless and without the Fear of God.

Says Nanak, I am Your humble servant, the dust of the feet of Your slaves. ||4||1||

so in Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib its in Farsi is that wat ur saying he never asked what the shabads was originally written in it was to a specific ang !!!! GurMukhi only came in Nanaks 2nd form in Dhan Dhan Guru Agad Dev Jee Maharaj so of cource Doctries and shabads would have to in anything other than GurMukhi the ard Granth was in Gurmukhi not in farsi !!!!!

the language the shabad is written in is FARSI the script it is written in is GURMUKHI

e.g. sahiskritee saloks are not in sanskrit or punjabi language , they are SAHISKRITEE but written in gurmukhi form

most of dasam granth sahib jee is in farsi brij bhasa etc only chandi di vaar and 1 shabad are in punjabi language but in GURMUKHI script.

the original poster is right yes there in farsi in guru granth sahib !

the language the shabad is written in is FARSI the script it is written in is GURMUKHI

e.g. sahiskritee saloks are not in sanskrit or punjabi language , they are SAHISKRITEE but written in gurmukhi form

most of dasam granth sahib jee is in farsi brij bhasa etc only chandi di vaar and 1 shabad are in punjabi language but in GURMUKHI script.

Oakey im aware of Dhan Dhan Sri Dasam Granth Maharaj but was not aware of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee i was always has the impression it was in Gurmukhi care to explain ? how why ? and maybe some pics i fu have any coz this is 1st time i have heard this and its intresting to know i was always under the impression Guru Jee bani was in GurMukhi

I humbly ask for forgivness from original poser and anand mangal i mis understood the question i was under the impression that the scriptures was in Farsi not the language being used the original poster is rite the language used is in Farsi but the scriptues r in GurMukhi there r many words that are from sancript and farsi i jumpe dthe gun sorry Pyaree Sangat

I'm surprised that anyone can be surprised by the 'farsi' element of Sikh history. Punjab itself has spent thousands of years as part of the Persian empire and even more under the Persian sphere of influence. From the words of the Sikhs such as 'dastar', 'khalsa' etc to the fact that Farsi was the official language of Punjab under Ranjit Singh's Sikh kingdom...our history as a faith is very much interwined with farsi.