Waheguru'S Plan

xPreetx

When I was little, my mother used to embroider a great deal. I would sit at her knee and look up from the floor and ask what she was doing. She informed me that she was embroidering. I told her that it looked like a mess from where I was. As from the underside I watched her work within the boundaries of the little round hoop that she held in her hand, I complained to her that it sure looked messy from where I sat.

She would smile at me, look down and gently say, "You go about your playing for a while, and when I am finished with my embroidering I will put you on my knee and let you see it from my side." I would wonder why she was using some dark threads along with the bright ones and why they seemed so jumbled from my view.

A few minutes would pass and then I would hear Mother's voice say, "Come and sit on my knee." This I did only to be surprised and thrilled to see a beautiful flower or a sunset. I could not believe it, because from underneath it looked so messy. Then Mother would say to me, "From underneath it did look messy and jumbled, but you did not realize that there was a pre-drawn plan on the top. It was a design. I was only following it. Now look at it from my side and you will see what I was doing."

Many times through the years I have looked up to Waheguru and said, "Waheguru, what are You doing?" He has answered, "I am embroidering your life." I'd say, "But it looks like a mess to me. It seems so jumbled. The threads seem so dark. Why can't they all be bright?" Then Waheguru seems to tell me, "My child, you go about your business of doing My business, and one day I will call you, put you on My knee and you will see the plan from my side."

The truth is whatever Waheguru does is beautiful...it's us who don't understand His plan. Have faith in Him!! For whatever He does, He does for our good......

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

pwrbRhm pUrn prmysur mn qw kI Et ghIjY ry ]

paarabreham pooran paramaesur man thaa kee outt geheejai rae ||

He is the Supreme Lord God, the Perfect Transcendent Lord; O my mind, hold tight to the Support of the One

ijin Dwry bRhmMf KMf hir qw ko nwmu jpIjY ry ]1] rhwau ]

jin dhhaarae brehama(n)dd kha(n)dd har thaa ko naam japeejai rae ||1|| rehaao ||

who established the solar systems and galaxies. Chant the Name of that Lord. ||1||Pause||

mn kI miq iqAwghu hir jn hukmu bUiJ suKu pweIAY ry ]

man kee math thiaagahu har jan hukam boojh sukh paaeeai rae ||

Renounce the intellectual cleverness of your mind, O humble servants of the Lord; understanding the Hukam of His Command, peace is found.

jo pRBu krY soeI Bl mwnhu suiK duiK EhI iDAweIAY ry ]1]

jo prabh karai soee bhal maanahu sukh dhukh ouhee dhhiaaeeai rae ||1||

Whatever God does, accept that with pleasure; in comfort and in suffering, meditate on Him. ||1||

koit piqq auDwry iKn mih krqy bwr n lwgY ry ]

kott pathith oudhhaarae khin mehi karathae baar n laagai rae ||

The Creator emancipates millions of sinners in an instant, without a moment's delay.

dIn drd duK BMjn suAwmI ijsu BwvY iqsih invwjY ry ]2]

dheen dharadh dhukh bha(n)jan suaamee jis bhaavai thisehi nivaajai rae ||2||

The Lord, the Destroyer of the pain and sorrow of the poor, blesses those with whom He is pleased. ||2||

sB ko mwq ipqw pRiqpwlk jIA pRwn suK swgru ry ]

sabh ko maath pithaa prathipaalak jeea praan sukh saagar rae ||

He is Mother and Father, the Cherisher of all; He is the Breath of life of all beings, the Ocean of peace.

dyNdy qoit nwhI iqsu krqy pUir rihE rqnwgru ry ]3]

dhae(n)adhae thott naahee this karathae poor rehiou rathanaagar rae ||3||

While giving so generously, the Creator does not diminish at all. The Source of jewels, He is All-pervading. ||3||

jwicku jwcY nwmu qyrw suAwmI Gt Gt AMqir soeI ry ]

jaachik jaachai naam thaeraa suaamee ghatt ghatt a(n)thar soee rae ||

The beggar begs for Your Name, O Lord and Master; God is contained deep within the nucleus of each and every heart.

nwnku dwsu qw kI srxweI jw qy ibRQw n koeI ry ]4]16]137]

naanak dhaas thaa kee saranaaee jaa thae brithhaa n koee rae ||4||16||137||

Slave Nanak has entered His Sanctuary; no one returns from Him empty-handed. ||4||16||137||