Caste System

SinghniKaur

" Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!! "

I am not a GurSikh yet, but I want to know for my information. I am very strong about Sikhi, I just wanted to know if that when I become a

GurSikh, does that mean that I have to get married to my background caste boy?

" Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!! "</FONT>

post-24048-126728357954_thumb.jpg

Guest mehtab1singh

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Humble request to ALL those who are going to post: Yes its all really cool to say Gurmat stuff on this online forum, to quote from Gurbani and try to make it look like we are all so tolerant and accepting. Sweet! Now do the same in front of your parents, and then come back and post on here what happened! :)

If you can't do that, no point wasting your time and someone else' time :cool:

18 pages of quotes from gurbani on caste here download spead and enjoy

caste.doc

Heres 1 quote which is not in the document;

Jo Sikha Ko Puche Jaat Soh Sikh Nahi Mero Aad Jugaad

Those who ask a sikh's caste, they are not my sikh, they never were, and they never will be

--Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Jee Maharaj)

There is a tiny misconception in your question which you asked. First of all when someone is administered amrit approved by panj pyare they enter the khalsa panth after which they have no caste at all, humanity don't have a caste but by politics and religion vastly dominated by India people were made to think they did hence open racism. It was believe God created people from his head arms, legs and feet. 4 sets of people priests, warrior, workers and untouchables anybody who rejected the system or was not indigenous to the land was untouchable. Most Sikhs descent from Hindu untouchable and worker clans, the worker clans include farmers and carpenters, the Hindu traditions prominently continue within Sikh embraced converts or semi-converts so the practice of caste as a race is a ritual still practices by rural individuals. Your a grown women you can choose what you want in your life its up to you if you want to live your life seeing God in all or if you want to be a racist full of ego, pride and hate. But the practice is forbidden, when getting married as an amrithdhari you should seek someone as a partner not on basis of ancestory, wealth, looks or any other supefical item but however look at there spirituality. Spirituality defines lifestyle and marriage is the next step in life which you need to share your lifestyles and be each others backbone and mirror.