Khaalak - Eating For A Busy Lifestyle

gurfatehjeee

what should daas be eating for an lifestyle which is "heavy" on the mind?!?!!?

if i have a busy day, with lots of activties which are heavy on the mind - uni work- reading pavitar gurbanee

would should i be eating, which helps me stay alert and awake throughout the day

atm the moment, my minds gettin nakered and wants to sleep more! and its effecting my amritvela, and daas nitnem

advice would be nice!! thankss

Wjkk Wjkf Veerjeo,

You need to make sure you eat a well balanced diet, with lots of fluid intake. All that you must be already aware of, so wont go into that. However, below is one recipe that work wonders, its something thats used extensively by high avastha naam-abhiyaasis so you can be sure of its benefits! Here it is:

Soak about 10 or so almonds in water at night and then peel the skin in the morning. Dry them up nicely and add some khaskaas (poppy seeds) and magaj (watermelon seeds) and just a few seeds of saunf. If you want, you can put some walnuts in to boost up the mixture. Now, grind them well in coffee grinder and add this powder to a pan of milk and misheri (sugar crystals, you can get them from any indian grocery shop) to it. Some people like to add black some black pepper as well, I find that revolting, you can give it a try tho. Bring the whole thing to a boil and drink it hot! And make sure you stir it after every couple of sips because the heavy mixture will tend to settle at bottom pretty quick and we dont want that, do we? :)

This mixture is quite 'warm' in its taaseer, so make sure you only consume what you body can handle!

But it does work wonders! :)

All the best,

Gurfateh!

get your mom/grandma/aunties to make you ''panjiri''. Its what sikhs of older generations ate for brain power and is very rich in almonds. Its fabulously tasty too and lasts for weeks and you can have it in a bowl as a kind of protein snack next to your computer to munch along. You could prepare it yourself too if you are good in cooking. www.indobase.com/recipes/details/panjiri.php orwww.greatindianrecipes.com/great-indian-recipe-1008.htmland. Also recommended is gajrela which is good for your eyes too. boil down carrots in milk till it turns into a thick mash and add to it a little sugar, cardamons and plenty of almonds, a few cashews and raisins. Keeps in the refrigerator for a week or more .

I have just recently tried 'HORLICKS', which is off the shelf product which you mix with hot milk before going to sleep.

I found that it does wonders - a quick remedy.

You dont have to drink it everyday, just mix a couple of spoon fulls of horlicks to a little warm milk and mix until it all turns to

smooth paste then top it with hot milk for a mug-full or so.