Would You Pesh If...?

Guest singh

Guest singh

I was drinking sparkling rubicon mango, and i just cheked sumthing on there website faq, i found the following (posted below), and after reading it i decided to carry on drinking it, but then thought maybe i shouldnt so i chucked it away, would you pesh in this situation?

Questions about soft drinks containing ethyl alcohol have been raised a number of times by concerned Muslims over the past few years. In these cases the Muslim Law (Shariah) Council in the UK have confirmed that the composition and procedure involved in the production of these soft drinks is in compliance with the rules of Shariah and therefore Halal for Muslims to consume.

If you were to analyse soft drinks you would find a tiny trace amount of ethyl alcohol in many of the finished products. The reason this is common in soft drinks is because the flavouring process often results in a trace of ethyl alcohol. This amount is typically less than 0.05% - a level that is so low that the body metabolises the ethyl alcohol faster than it is consumed meaning it can have no intoxicating effect. Some Rubicon products do contain trace levels below this 0.05% level.

AG Barr the soft drinks company who have made Rubicon products for the past 25 years have accreditation from the Muslim Law (Shariah) Council UK that testifies that its drinks are in compliance with the rules of Shariah and therefore are Halal for Muslims to consume.

Rubicon only makes soft drinks and these have been enjoyed by the people of Britain and around the world for over 25 years.

We hope this answers your questions and allays your concerns about the suitability of Rubicon to be consumed by Muslims. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on info@rubiconexotic.com.

Vaheguru ji khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Futeh.

It's no biggy. Just be careful what you consume. Do not forget only the True Guru is perfect. We are son's and daughters of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Think of it as a parent always forgives his child. In the large scale of things people do a lot worse.

My 2 rupees worth

Vaheguru ji khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Futeh.

• 2 weeks later...

I would fold my hands and ask for Wahegurus forgiveness. Don't drink it again, when you know it has alcohol in it, it's so much worse.

I read most packs but wouldnt think of reading that so ive most likely had it aswell. :6

But like I ate meat once by accident and drank alcohol once by accident and said sorry and prayed for forgiveness. Mine was an accident. What you did wasn't because you kept drinking when you knew what was in it so I'd pray harder! lol.

dont be a baman ! 0.05% alcohol dont make me laugh - this is not anticating - you probably had more in the medicines you have taken

when you eat bread that has undergone fermentation using yeast which also produces alcohol ! - although most of it evaporates when bread is heated but there is still very small amount still there when you eat it

drinking rubikon is not against 'sikhi' - no need to go pesh - as you will waste your time - and the valuable time on the panj

amrit makes you a khalsa immortal - do you think all it takes is a can of rubikon and your back to square one ?

lol @ the idiots who reckon Preet should go pesh.

no Preet ji, maharaj doesnt confine you to chaurassi because you drank 0.05 solution alcohol. EVERYTHING we eat and drink have an effect on us - whether its dairy milk cheese, coca cola, tea or yes, indeed, alcohol. Its not alcohol itself which is bad for you - its the effects of it. And it all depends on how much you consume. Its like too much water can be poison for you also. People have died due to water poisoning - drinking too much of it.

As someone suggested above, some medicines or drinks you consume on a regular basis probably have worser effects than drinking a can of rubicon mango juice. After drinking the can of juice, you were still conscious, you were still able to jap naam, read bani, make sensible decisions, fight, etc so the effect it had on you was miniscule.

We are not perfect, and unless you are able to go totally bibek, then theres really no point fretting about it.

Veer Ji i agree with what your saying about medicine but medicine is something we take out of necessity while rubicon Mango juice is not. And "GuruIshq" there is a reason Maharaj spoke against alcohol and not water. I find it ridiculous your claiming that alcohol "isnt bad for u" its the "effect" that's bad. Well if that is the case why don't we all just start drinking but in moderation? There is a reason alcohol is bujjar kureht and water isnt.

Yes Amrit is not something that is so cheap that it can "break" but we all still make mistakes that we ask forgiveness for. When you go pesh it doesn't mean that your amrit "has broken" it because you've made a mistake and are asking for forgiveness.

If you consume something by mistake then its ok and you should do ardas but when you consume something on purpose then you should go pesh. Let Panj make decision of whether or not what he did was ok or not and dont act like you represent Guru Panth.

I find it amazing how Sikhs nowadays completely dismiss almost all levels of Bibek and reject other people opinions by calling them idiots or bamans!!

Go listen to some Katha to see how even one drop of alcohol effects your jeevan and kamai