Jeans For Girls Are Not Allowed In Sikhi?

Guest GUPT

I don't think there 's anything wrong with wearing jeans..obviously not too tight.

its not that any clothes are allowed or disallowed. Guru teaches that clothes that are gaudy or revealing are not to be worn. tight jeans show off the most personal features of a girl, and that it not advisable or allowed in sikhi. Loose jeans just look stupid anyway. so the best for girls really is to stick to shalwar kameez.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In western countries like uk, usa, canada, well anywhere nowadys, even india has changed with th times, I seen sikhgirlsk amritdhari girls with jeans. I feel wat u feel comfortable with as long as it doesnt reveal or is inappropiate, some girls may not be able to wear shalwar due to disability or other reasons, for me as long as their is respect for god.

Guest harminderkaur

ummm, i think she asked because jeans aren't really part of the bana. honestly guys, when we take off our bana and put on jeans and stuff aren't we trying to fit in? shouldn't we be comfortable wearing the bana everywhere?

someone earlier mentioned maybe a disability or something is stopping them from wearing it. I am sorry to say but I can't think of one disability or reason not to wear salwar.

Sorry If I offended anyone.

You have not offended anybody harminder kaur bhenji, but you may not be aware of different types of disabilities and th problems one may face wearin a shalwar. Just like u are different and there are different types of people in this world there are also different types of disabilities too, which affect people in different ways.

Its not ur fault but some people dont have th knowledge or have a disability in regards to relate to this so they wouldnt know. I am an example of this situation therefore i do not wear shalwar due to my disability.

Thank u.

Well I think that if you dont go to a school where there are Sikhs then it might be difficult to wear the Bana to school. Like I couldn't imagine myself going to school in full bana, where there are so many ignorant people who wouldn't understand it. But if I had lived in a Majority Sikh area, then YEAH I would want to wear the bana everyday biggrin.gif

Guest harminderkaur

I wear the bana to work quite often and where I live there its mostly all american white population. and My customers love it. We have great conversations and I get to tell them about Sikhism

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use