Gurdwara Karamsar Sikhi Camp

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

We live in Ilford and my children attended the recent gurmat camp at Gurdwara karamsar in Ilford and have been overwhelmed with positive experiences. As a sikh parent I am very grateful for the young sikhs who ran such a fabulous and inspiring camp. I was amazed to see my son come home in a domala on the first day and he desperately wants to tie it again. A profesionally organised camp of this level was overdue in Ilford. We have been sending our children to other camps over the last few years and this has been their most exciting experience. Thank you again to the organisers and the gurdwara.

Does anyone know the name of the jatha of sikhs who came from coventry and where we can get hold of any recordings they have done?

We have tried sending our children to some other local sikh institutes and have felt let down by the poor organisation and bad attitude of sewadars. We suffered negative experiences at the mata sahib kaur ji sikh academy in newbury park which were never addressed so we pulled our children out. I am sorry if i have offended anyone with that comment.

I have approached one of the young sikhs involved in Gurdwara Karamsar and requested that they do something more regular for the children and I am told a sikh kids workshop takes place at Gurdwara Singh Sabha in seven kings every wednesday. Does anyone know what age that is for?

Also are there any other planned sikh events in london for children. Please, my children really enjoyed themselves at the camp and want more positive experiences.

Thank you.

The GurSikhs from Coventry were Bhai Navreet Singh, Bhai Harinder Singh & Bhai Suraj Singh from Gurdwara Guru Hargobind Sahib, Coventry St, Coventry. See more on their website (www.guruhargobindsahib.co.uk)

There is a Wednesday Sikh history workshop at Goodmayes Singh Sabha from 6.30pm to 8pm. All ages...

There will be a camp reunion at Karamsar Gurdwara soon, probably in June, still to be confirmed. Contact Bhai Satvinder Singh at Karamsar Punjabi School for more info.

wats wrong wid acadamy?(i ask this polietly)

when i went and saw da kids they were doing really well

Several hve started listening to 7 bania nitmen, several hve started to grow there hair and its not like the sevadars hve forced them

the message from what i saw is simple

Seva n simran two weapons against kalyug.

everyones entilted to their opinion

its great dats dere is now is so much on in east london

great for the kids wid so many camps n workshops in several gurdwara

My ilford cousins told me they had a great few days at the karmsar camp. Looks like the sewadars left a great impression on the kids ... my 7 yr old cousins rings me asking for a gutka sahib and a "neehang" style kurta (which I reckon he means bana). He brought some material home from the camp and is trying to tie a "neehang" style pug (which I reckon means dumalla)..

Anyways, well done to the sewadars for giving the kids positive sikhi experiences...and Bhai Navreet Singhs got a new fan club in Ilford....lol....:L:

Guest Guest

Thank you for your replies. I know Satvinder singh from the karamsar punjabi school and will speak to Bhaji directly.

Thank you also for the information on the Coventry jatha, they were very inspirational. The sukh aasan of sggs ji was an amazing experience for the kids and it has left a lasting impression on them. We would love to visit the Gurdwara in coventry where they do sewa to experience more. The website is very informative.

I apologise if my comments about the mata sahib ji academy in newbury park offended anyone. I am sure there are children benefiting from their activities. It just did not work for us and the approach we experienced at the academy appeared to lack any real structured direction for the sikh kids. No person would identify themselves as organisers and we felt an element of aggression towards us in general when we raised questions. My kids did not develop an interest in Sikhism there and so we moved on. I am sure things have improved and I sincerely hope that they have.

Yours respectfully