Sarhad Paar

V

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

well.... i surely agree that image of sikhs in bollywood is funny....

but still i m just saying particularly for this movie...it looks good by watching the trailer....

just my opinion... not every movie is sooo bad for sikhs... i mean to say dont just pull out ONLY the negative aspects of any movie...

when i was in india and gadar released.... everyone and i mean everyone was saying .... kya sardaar hai..pakiyon ki laga di....and all sort of praises abt being a sikh....

same in border...

ya but if u see the movie RUN.....bloody hell ...i wanna :g :g the director....

he showed a sikh in the villains gang... always wearing a patka and whenever he comes on screen he gets a slap...ppl as usual laughing...

its the viewers.....wht u show is wht they feel...no sentiments nothing.... if a hard core singh....then they will praise...if a stupid taxi driver....then they will laugh....

so for this movie...... :TH: i liked the trailer... so wud the audience...hope more pictures like these...whre ppl will praise singh...especially stude

nts...

i remember in school... i was sunny deol lol...those days...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Simple solution. Someone gotta watch them movies and see which way Bollywood is going with this. IF they do something which protrays Sikhs positively (without being drunk, cutting their hair, womanizing etc.), THEN great.

If not...somehow, it would not be surprising.

Don't completely hate bollywood. It's just recently that they have been going bad. My mom, dad, uncles, aunts and Grandparents are all gursikhs and they don't object to it one bit. My uncle, advocate Gurcharan Singh Bal fought more that 85% of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji's case in court along with his master the late Advocate Bindra and he still enjoys watching Bollywood movies. As a matter of fact, he told me that when his favorite bollywood movie Roti Kapra aur Makaan was made, Rajinder Kapoor - a hardcore drinker - was to play a amritdhari Gursikh. In order to fulfill the role, he quit drinking, smoking and eating meat until the shooting was complete. Anyways, where can Bollywood find puran Gursikhs in India when more that 95% of them moved out of india after 1984 and 4% of them are rotting in Indian Jails, and the 1% are just too old? I understand why people get angry but that doesn't mean that we should boycott it. Anyways, even if the sikhs were told to boycott, how many "sikhs (not only amritdhari but also the ones that cut there hair" do you think would actually do it?

tell me then, what ddi they show in Gaddar?

Singhs in Bana trying to rape a women

no they didnt want to rape her they wanted to kill her to avenge what had happened to their mothers n sisters.

you say y doesnt bollywood have proper sikhs in films well how many sikh actors do u know of, if any the actors will have 2 approach bollywood, directros and producers arent going to go out of their way to find 1 or else they'll jus put a pagh n dhari on any random person

tell me then, what ddi they show in Gaddar?

Singhs in Bana trying to rape a women

no they didnt want to rape her they wanted to kill her to avenge what had happened to their mothers n sisters.

That is Sikhi Sidak eh?

Killing innocent people rolleyes.gif

SIKHS ARE TARGETERS, they DO NOT KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE, orelse there would be a SIKH MOB RIOTS! rolleyes.gif

you say y doesnt bollywood have proper sikhs in films well how many sikh actors do u know of,
theres PLENTY thta are able to be as REAL Sikhs - Jaspal Bhatti, Jas

pal Singh Sehgal (Won title of Indias most handsoem man) ETC

If they WANT, they CAN GET THEM!

if any the actors will have 2 approach bollywood, directros and producers arent going to go out of their way to find 1 or else they'll jus put a pagh n dhari on any random person

sdds

there are mainstream Panjabi/sardar actors!

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

That is Sikhi Sidak eh?

Killing innocent people 

SIKHS ARE TARGETERS, they DO NOT KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE, orelse there would be a SIKH MOB RIOTS

er hello its 1947 during the partition, these things did happen.

jaspal bhatti is in some bollywood films, also hes a comedian and all the films he appears in is as a comic role, then ppl like u say there we go again makin the sikh look like a joker.

Jaspal Singh Sehgal - voted most handsome man, therefore he would b playing a role of main actor, and in nowadays films, would u like for him to b running after girlsand touching up half naked girl in songs.

YES AND WHO THEY HAVE ARE BEING USED!! theres booby deol, sunny deol, chandrachur singh, jimmy shergill, ajay devgan and many more who are used to represent sikhs in bollywood films, but then u say they should not b sed to represents the sikh image.

That is Sikhi Sidak eh?

Killing innocent people 

SIKHS ARE TARGETERS, they DO NOT KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE, orelse there would be a SIKH MOB RIOTS

er hello its 1947 during the partition, these things did happen.

No they DIDN'T - not SINGHS OF GURU GOBIND SINGH JI IN BANA :cool:

jaspal bhatti is in some bollywood films, also hes a comedian and all the films he appears in is as a comic role, then ppl like u say there we go again makin the sikh look like a joker.
wrong, a comedians is a comidiean ;)

plsu hye's been in a few Panjabi films in

a SERIOUS ROLE

Jaspal Singh Sehgal  - voted most handsome man, therefore he would b playing a role of main actor, and in nowadays films, would u like for him to b running after girlsand touching up half naked girl in songs.

Is that what Singhs /SIkhs/Sardars do?

Do we HAVE TO BE SHOWN DOING THAT rolleyes.gif

YES AND WHO THEY HAVE ARE BEING USED!! theres booby deol, sunny

booby deol -LLOLL :wub:

plus they aint SARDARS!

I've even heard of him having tatoos of the 'aum' sign :T:

deol, chandrachur singh

, jimmy shergill, ajay devgan and many more who are used to represent sikhs in bollywood films, but then u say they should not b sed to represents the sikh image.

THEY DON'T!!!

are they kesdhari perhaps :T:

they might as well be MUSLIMS !

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

THEY DON'T!!!

are they kesdhari perhaps 

they might as well be MUSLIMS

read what you wrote, u said punjabi/sardar, they are punjabi!!!!
wrong, a comedians is a comidiean

plsu hye's been in a few Panjabi films ina SERIOUS ROLE

punjabi films, hes always a joker innit, what films has he played serious roles in?

Do we HAVE TO BE SHOWN DOING THAT

well youre the 1 that wants them 2 b in bollywood, thats what a lot of bollywood films have these days.

look ive been watchin bollywood films for ages i dont c any sikhs show in a negative manner, there character in the film maybe but it doesnt mean that is represents all sikhs.

yes sikhs are shown in comic roles but also brave too in many films, because of the fact that sikhs are brave and there are a lot of comedian sardars like gurpreet ghugii and jas

pal bhatti.

THEY DON'T!!!

are they kesdhari perhaps 

they might as well be MUSLIMS

read what you wrote, u said punjabi/sardar, they are punjabi!!!!

Well So are Panjabi HINDUS.

NO1 can 'play' to be a SIKH/SINGh except a SIKH/SINGH -KESHDHARI REHITDHARI :wub:

wrong, a comedians is a comidiean

plsu hye's been in a few Panjabi films ina SERIOUS ROLE

punjabi films, hes always a joker innit, what films has he played serious roles in?

Take me word for it - there are!

PLUS it's CLEAN comedy , tis not showin Sardars are STUPID, it's nto showing Sardars are DRUNKARDS! CLEAN comedy rolleyes.gif

Do we HAVE TO BE SHOWN DOING THAT

well youre the 1 that wants them 2 b in bollywood, thats what a lot of bollywood films have these days.

No I don't want ANY MOVIES to have Sikhs in them in the first place!

It's nto any better if they show Sikhs as stupid drunkards rolleyes.gif

look ive been watchin bollywood films for ages i dont c any sikhs show in a negative manner, there character in the film maybe but it doesnt mean that is represents all sikhs.
Veere, so have I, I recently stopped watcxhing bolleywood films, as aI soon released that it's all BS rolleyes.gif
yes sikhs are shown in comic roles

Comic?

they'r shown as CLOWNS, DRUNKARDS, STUPID BEVAKUF!!!

one example - Amridh Pori in - can't remember the naaaaame of the movie

the one with Salman kajul Rani mukhar etc!

another example would be the Sardar in 'Anmol'

While the mona worships a picture of Guru Nanak Dev ji (Very Sikh behvaiour eh?)

and the Sikhs is a stupid Chela, a BEVAKUF!

but also brave too in many films,
nto many, compared to the nagative

i'd ra the ratio is

90:10 rolleyes.gif

because of the fact that sikhs are brave and there are a lot of comedian sardars like gurpreet ghugii and jaspal bhatti.

We don't midn fi they're comedians, we get offendded if they show us as BEVAKUF SHARABI IDIOTS! :cool: @

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Je

e Kee Fateh!!