Are We Sopposed To Have A Weapon On Us All The Time?

SaadSangat ji, One Doubt in my mind

GUruji Gave shashters to Sikhs to fight agnst Injustice and Mughals; the time was very very annd very ripe to use shashters at guruji's time.

Why than a Sikh has to remove Kirpan while boarding at a airport; when guruji has advised not to remove and wear it all time. Also if someone uses a Shashter for Religion defense He is marked as TERRORIST(the Way Govt Publiscised Sant Jarnail singh and Other Shaheed Sikhs as Terrorists).

Till 5th Patshahi, No Shashters were used, then Suddenly 6th Patshahi told to Wear Miri and Piri; Lot people went Bemukhs agst the Guruji. Later Guru Tegh Bahadur Wore Shashter and Had Army too but Didnot Fight any WAR. and Than 10th Jyot Says Singho wear Shashters, Lets go for War.

and Now Suddenly Time has changed so much. There was time during 1986, Even AMRITDHARIS and SHASHTERSDHARIS threw/Hid their Shashter and Kirpans out of their House when Police was Raiding the Houses to find Who is Shashterdhari, Encounter him and Put the case of Khalistani Sikh(as a Terrorist).

My question is Don't you think we should wait for Right time to wear shashters and use them.

To be Frank I am not wearing any Shashters(I am not even Allowed to wear in Office ,in Malls, Centers, Govt. Offices, Airport..........). I am Waiting for a Right Time to Wear Shahsters.

Just Waiting Waiting Waiting.............

SaadSangat ji, One Doubt in my mind

GUruji Gave shashters to Sikhs to fight agnst Injustice and Mughals; the time was very very annd very ripe to use shashters at guruji's time.

Why than a Sikh has to remove Kirpan while boarding at a airport; when guruji has advised not to remove and wear it all time. Also if someone uses a Shashter for Religion defense He is marked as TERRORIST(the Way Govt Publiscised Sant Jarnail singh and Other Shaheed Sikhs as Terrorists).

Till 5th Patshahi, No Shashters were used, then Suddenly 6th Patshahi told to Wear Miri and Piri; Lot people went Bemukhs agst the Guruji. Later Guru Tegh Bahadur Wore Shashter and Had Army too but Didnot Fight any WAR. and Than 10th Jyot Says Singho wear Shashters, Lets go for War.

and Now Suddenly Time has changed so much. There was time during 1986, Even AMRITDHARIS and SHASHTERSDHARIS threw/Hid their Shashter and Kirpans out of their House when Police was Raiding the Houses to find Who is Shashterdhari, Encounter him and Put the case of Khalistani Sikh(as a Terrorist).

My question is Don't you think we should wait for Right time to wear shashters and use them.

To be Frank I am not wearing any Shashters(I am not even Allowed to wear in Office ,in Malls, Centers, Govt. Offices, Airport..........). I am Waiting for a Right Time to Wear Shahsters.

Just Waiting Waiting Waiting.............

Guru Sahib said to be tyar bar tyar. So that means to have shastr on you all the time and know how to use them and when to use them. Guru Nanak Dev ji did not fight in no wars because the time wasn't right, but to teach us the Sikhs that we need to explore other options first before rushing to the shastr right away. Since it was about teaching Sikhs when to use them and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji left us with a complete Sikhi, then it's right to be tyar bar tyar.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, in this day and age you will almost definitely go to jail should you use any shasters..unless you can justify that the amount of force you used was neccesary for your self defence.

It is compulsory for Sikhs to carry shasters at all times, this however is completely pointless if you do not have the martial training and knowledge on how to effectively utilise shasters.

The majority of the time you may not even need to go anywhere neas shasters if you are skilled enough in hand to hand combat, weapons disarms, joint manipulation, etc etc..

Majority of Amritdharees who I know of, have no idea of any self defense and only carry a blunt shaster for symbolic value...which kind of defeats the object.

time will come, it always does

how do u tell when its time to take your shaster out and still enven if u do take it out when yu know the time has come your goingto get caught strait away.

sorry but im finding it really hard to understand the consept of shaters and the solider part about sikhism.

Yes, in this day and age you will almost definitely go to jail should you use any shasters..unless you can justify that the amount of force you used was neccesary for your self defence.

It is compulsory for Sikhs to carry shasters at all times, this however is completely pointless if you do not have the martial training and knowledge on how to effectively utilise shasters.

The majority of the time you may not even need to go anywhere neas shasters if you are skilled enough in hand to hand combat, weapons disarms, joint manipulation, etc etc..

Majority of Amritdharees who I know of, have no idea of any self defense and only carry a blunt shaster for symbolic value...which kind of defeats the object.

wre can you learn proper hand to hand combat and do they each you that n ny gatka sessions, i do carry shasters but i would like to learn hand to hand combat.