Bleaching

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

rom rom mehi basehi muraar ||

and on each and every hair, the Lord abides.

Why would you want to cut your hair if the Lord is on every hair? :T: :D

lu(n)jith mu(n)jith mon jattaadhhar a(n)th thoo maranaa ||1||

The Jains with shaven heads, the silent ones, the beggars with matted hair - in the end, they all shall die. ||1||

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I didn't know that there were so many women here (5).
Umm 5 active Singhnias on forums.. and around 10 active singhs.. B)
That makes 5 women and like 300 guys. .

Umm.. there are only 140 something members tongue.gif

Don't try and get smart, because ur not Vicky

Yeahhh... Mee too..Sometime i think im not vicky .. tongue.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

according to the Rehit:

it is not allowed it dye or change the form of one's hair or body parts.......

so if you like to know what Rehit says: no it is not rite according to Sikhi.....

does that mean that me and others who say so are hardcore militants:

well talking for myself.....yeah man i am militant...like seriouslly.... :g i am just like this.

however girls.....i do not force you to do that....neither do i force my mom or my sis or my wife or my daughter......i just tell them what SGGS and Rehit says....rest it up to them.....if they love Waheguru they migt follow it...if they do not love so much (or just have respect) than it is up to u...... rolleyes.gif no hard feelings if u do not do it. BUT it is not Gursikhi.....= 100% love for Waheguru.... ^_^

Guest SikhForLife

ok ok.. cut lion heart some slack here

hes not alone in this

95% of "sikh" guys feel the way he does.. so dont attack him personally if you are

lion heart veeray.. ofcourse girls can do whatever they want.. no one is forcing them to do anything.. infact,, if anyone is.. then they r not being very sikh

we all share our views on this forum and your views are as much respected as anyone else's

now back to the arguements........

veeray.. its not us telling anyone what to do.. its SGGS.. wat is "hardcore" and wat is simply "sikhi" is clearly ur judgement... for me.. its being a sikh to follow SGGS..

theres no point in argueing when we clearly know the truth from our 11th Guru.. SGGS

Jeeo,

I have not attacked anyone in this thread, and if i did I apologize whole heartedly and touch their feet.

All I have tried to state is what GURU sahib said. Are you saying guru sahib is too hardcore for you?

If guru sahib is too strict for you, you need work on your sikhi. Cutting/waxing hair is DEFINITELY a bujjar kurait!!! this is a cardinal sin that makes someone a patit..

I agree singhnees should definitely be able to choose what they want to do. In fact I could go down to the liquor store and choose to buy a vodka maybe pickup a prostitute, this is entirely my choice. But does this not make me a patit? Removing hair is the EXACT same thing. Please read SGPC rehat maryada and numerous puratan rehatnamae to prove that.

I would never say I am a gursikh if i did such things. These things are against the most fundamental aspects of sikhi, so I am saying that guru sahib said that if you do such and such you are not his sikhi, simple and straightforward, if that offends you, it is not my place to apologize for it, you should go do ardas to guru sahib for forgiveness that he offends you.

Again I cannot stress this enough, just because we (I) have downfalls in rehat, this does not mean we can bring sikhi down to our level. We must bring ourselves up to the level of sikhi. why should we corrupt this great gift guru sahib has given us to please our own man? or that of people around us? do you know the story of guru sahibs son that went to the emporer and changed the gurbani tuk to please him? guru sahib disowned him!!

what do you think he will do to poor moorakhs like us :D

I dont want to get into the debate of accusing my bhenjis, and making them feel bad. I can understand from emotional point of view of why they do it, but that still does not make it right. We should try to get the inner fortitude to keep what we have and not allow our mans to ruin our gursikhi.

I would like to say, historically (in guru sahibs human form time) it was men who shaved legs, plucked eyebrows, wore high heels and tights. When guru sahib said all this, he was discriminating against men!! The thing is, most of us refuse to see before the here and now, but sikhi is soo much more than that!! Im sure in another 100 or 200 years these westerners will change their fads again, but can you not see the beauty of gursikhi!! gursikhi is there to touch all.. it is timeless and eternal.. just like my pyara vahegurooooooooo :'(

i was in gurudwara once and this woman was talking about facial hair..she said i see women at rehinsbhais and they have loads of facial hair n she said how disgustin it was n went on :D ....

this really upset me because even our sikh sisters don't respect our rehat...below are views that i agree with

God made you as you are. Bleaching facial or any other hair is indeed 'altering' the body God gave you and so contradicts the Rehit of baptized Sikhs.

Being Sikh takes courage. Act like the hairs are not their and carry yourself royally as a Princess of the Guru!

Our bodies are a gift from God. To alter the body is to tell God he got it wrong.

The Sikh Rehit is explicit that Amritdhari Sikhs are NOT to alter their bodies in any way; this would include bleaching any hair on the body.

bleaching hair is not OK. It is not SIKH to alter the body for appearances. Sikh way is to live as a soldier-saint, which means living life in courage. Quit being afraid of looking different and start learning to enjoy that God made you as you are. Walk without shame in your God-given appearance. It will start to affect people around you, who will be less inclined to hassle you for being different

Guest noonespecial

sure all you guys say that it's not right, but you have no problems when it comes to facial hair because we're EXPECTED to have it.

but if your wife looked like this ( :D ) ) would you still find her attractive? Would she find herself attractive. Sure I know that I'm implying that beauty is only skin deep, but I hardly doubt all the big talkers saying that girls shouldn't dye their hair would be so tough if THEY were females...

..speaking as a MALE, I just wanna say that I have no problems with it. And I would definitely dye MY hair as I would not have the courage to live in a western society with facial hair. If I was in India...well...then I think I could do it. But in USA, CAN, and UK...that's a whole other story...