Fasle Sikhs

WayofLife4

Why do Sikh people still go along with this Hindu tradition! Who has been affected by this and believe their lives - would have been better and happier if they married, the one they fell in love with. Please I also want to hear from people who married out of caste and religion too.

No rude comment please....its a honest question. x

If you and your family were, lets say, Australian citizens...would it make your parents 'false' Australians' if they thought it would not be a good idea if you married a Norwegian...or a Filipino ?...considering how they would be living under the same roof as her and thus see similar traditions, culture, habits, speech, food etc etc as important factors ?? These are common sense issues. On the whole, it is some of the younger sikh generation who think they know it all but have seen and experienced so little of the world and thus with their utopian view of life mistake common sense with something called 'caste'.

People should understand that Guru Nanak Dev Ji also didn't agree with the caste system in Hinduism. There is a difference in Religion and Nationality, my friend. When I meant "Fasle Sikhs" i meant the fact that when people think that you or their children should marry in the same caste - your going against Guru Nanak Dev Ji's philosophy. Which is "everyone is the same - no matter the religion, race or caste".

Why do Sikh people still go along with this Hindu tradition! Who has been affected by this and believe their lives - would have been better and happier if they married, the one they fell in love with. Please I also want to hear from people who married out of caste and religion too.

Have you been personally affected by this?

If you and your family were, lets say, Australian citizens...would it make your parents 'false' Australians' if they thought it would not be a good idea if you married a Norwegian...or a Filipino ?...considering how they would be living under the same roof as her and thus see similar traditions, culture, habits, speech, food etc etc as important factors ?? These are common sense issues. On the whole, it is some of the younger sikh generation who think they know it all but have seen and experienced so little of the world and thus with their utopian view of life mistake common sense with something called 'caste'.

A friend of mine has a Swedish father and a Korean mother, and she is going to marry an Indian friend of mine. She is a lot more nice and respectful than many Indian girls I have met, and these Indian girls have parents from same country/religion/caste. So, I am sorry to say, your argument is not valid in most cases, maybe only a few. As far as the cancer of jaat/paat/goth within the "Sikh" community is concerned, its a big NO-NO, and yes, it is NOT going away any time soon.

I married someone who had a different background to mine. I had no issues at all everyone was happy for us.