What's the name of this sant ji?

Simran9

Back in the 60's and 70's there was a sant ji from village Maankheri (I think that's how it's spelled). He had a gurdwara built there and lots of ppl go there. He would go on tours all over India for smagams and doing parchar on Sikhi. My dad knows him but can't remember what his name was. He thinks it started with the letter "G" but not sure.

Anybody heard of this sant ji? What's his name?

tongue.gif :

thanx in advance ^_^ (you guys are so helpful, thanx for all your help)

• 2 weeks later...

The only sant with "G" that comes to mind is our Guru ji.

I don't speak for anyone, but as far as I am concerned, I know only one Sant, one leader, one master and that is our Guru Granth Sahib ji. Seriously, ji I think our Gurus wanted us to follow and learn only from Shabad Guru, SGGS ji. And I think our Gurus wanted us Sikhs to be very rational and vested in us some of the qualities like free will, independent and rational thinking, so that we follow and seek our God all by ourselves taking directions and teachings from sayings and teachings of great holy men in Guru Granth Sahib ji.

I am kind of blind in seeking sants, I see and seek only my Guru and that is Guru Granth Sahib ji. Sorry if some sant follower is hurt. Please forgive me.

MyFirstLoveSikhism ji,

I agree with your points ^_^ . I said it was a sant ji cuz everyone calls him a sant so I used the word to be as close to his description as possible. I've never been a sant follower myself cuz family isn't very religious type...juz wanted to know what his name was cuz a family in India had his picture on the shelf in their dalaan. Never knew who he was until few weeks ago my dad told me that is pic of a sant who was friend of that family of ours. He thought it might be Gurbachan, his name, but wasn't sure.

Besides, during any of 10 Guru's times there was no one with the title of sant, unless it was Guru ji himself. Bhai Gurdaas ji is very important for his Vaars, I think those are the ones known as keys to SGGS ji. Yet even a mahapursh like him does not have the title of sant. So the best sant in the world is SGGS ji ^_^ Rather interesting how after their times we have people called sants now <_<

The only sant with "G" that comes to mind is our Guru ji.

I don't speak for anyone, but as far as I am concerned, I know only one Sant, one leader, one master and that is our Guru Granth Sahib ji. Seriously, ji I think our Gurus wanted us to follow and learn only from Shabad Guru, SGGS ji. And I think our Gurus wanted us Sikhs to be very rational and vested in us some of the qualities like free will, independent and rational thinking, so that we follow and seek our God all by ourselves taking directions and teachings from sayings and teachings of great holy men in Guru Granth Sahib ji.

I am kind of blind in seeking sants, I see and seek only my Guru and that is Guru Granth Sahib ji. Sorry if some sant follower is hurt. Please forgive me.

SUPERB POST ^_^^_^^_^ .

P.s u an never be SURE a SANT IS A SANT, or a BANARAS KA THUG.

Because only a Brahmgyani Can know ano

ther Brhamgyani, so you can never be 100% sure someone is a brahmgyani, unless you are one urself.

Hence why we all should go to the Source, Bani Guru.

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think our Gurus wanted us to follow and learn only from Shabad Guru, SGGS ji.

And what does our Guru teach us?

Guru Granth Sahib Jee repeatedly tell us to join with Naam simran and do sangat of uchee avastaa vale.

Saadh Ka Sang, Naam Da Rang. :hmmm

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guru Granth Sahib Jee repeatedly tell us to join with Naam simran and do sangat of uchee avastaa vale.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yeah, SATSANGAT, not of ONE ' SANT ', saying something something :wub:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yeah, SATSANGAT, not of ONE ' SANT ', saying something something :wub:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Mr. Singh,

I have been going through your posts and veer you really are an intelligent and smart Sikh and nothing makes me happier to see a Sikh who has developed a rational thinking-mind. keep it up veer ji. It is intelligence that can help Sikhs get the recognition they deserve in the world.

love and regards,

Veer ji, I'm nothing but an ignorant Pakhandi. Trust me I know nothing, it is people such as yourself who have inspired me to begin learning more about Sikhi which is why i'm here, where all members are like my teacher and friends at the same time blush.gif

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!