Is This Right Or Wrong?

gurudashere

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

At my local Gurdwara today I got some funny looks from the giani serving prashad. I walked into Darbar Sahib did my matha tehk infront of Guru Sahib followed by my ardas, I then walked behind Guru Sahib where there is a large display of shaaster (weapons) on the wall and did matha tehk infront of the shaaster. I have been keshadhari for the last 5 months but am not shaaterdhari yet, did I do something wrong and is what I did against gurmat?

At my local Gurdwara today I got some funny looks from the giani serving prashad. I walked into Darbar Sahib did my matha tehk infront of Guru Sahib followed by my ardas, I then walked behind Guru Sahib where there is a large display of shaaster (weapons) on the wall and did matha tehk infront of the shaaster. I have been keshadhari for the last 5 months but am not shaaterdhari yet, did I do something wrong and is what I did against gurmat?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Congratulations on recieving the bakshish of kes.

I suppose we don't really see anyone matha tek anything else or anyone else besides Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop in the darbar sahib so it arouses a reaction when it's done.

Too be honest, if I saw it I would probably find it unusual too. I'm not saying its against gurmat. But the norm for the sangat is to do their matha tek in front of Maharaj's saroop in Darbar Sahib.

This is my opinion (please don't see it as an attack)....sometimes it's better to remain out of the reach of the radar by not "over performing" your matha tek in darbar sahib, especially when there's lots of people around. You'll find that people just think you're showing off and you get an audience of beady/confused eyes following you around the Gurdwara.

Also kids and naive members of the sangat get really confused when some people matha tek Sants or Shastars or the Sangat or the Kirtaniya or Degh.

To be honest, I don't matha tek to shaster before doing gatka, but I do pick the shaster up and put it to my forehead and ask Guru Hargobind Ji for strength.

I'm not sure if it's wrong or not, the way I see it is as respect to the weapon's power and the fine line in using it against zulam and evil.

khalsa ji

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

i agree with pyara with overdoing matha tehk's, but also think thers was nothing wrong with matha tehk to shasters as Dhan Sri Gobind Singh maharaj ucharn Shaster naam mala in it says :

ਅਸ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਖੰਡੋ ਖੜਗ ਤੁਪਕ ਤਬਰ ਅਰੁ ਤੀਰ ॥ ਸੈਫ ਸਰੋਹੀ ਸੈਹਥੀ ਯਹੈ ਹਮਾਰੈ ਪੀਰ ॥੩॥

As kridaan khando khadag tupak tabar ar(u) teer|| Saiphdarohi saihathi yahai hamdarai peer||3||

As, Kripan (sword), Khanda, Khadag (sword), Tupak (gun), Tabar (hatched), Teer (arrow), Saif (sword), Sarohi and Saihathi, all these are our adorable seniors.3.

is about sharda how much pyar u got for maharaj, how much satkar u got for maharaj, how much seva can u do for maharaj.

ppl still gonna give looks for doing something good lol, so dont worry about it.

sorry if said anything wrong

Gurfateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

As per the hukam of PANJ PIARAAS, We must bow our head before SAHIB SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAAJ, as per GURMAT, a sikh does ARDAS before every karaj so in day to day life, whenever we take our meal we do ARDAS and Before taking up SHASTARS also. What i believe is that we should bow before only living GURU. Shastars are part of us and we should always respect them

Bhul chuk maaf

Singhs theres nothing wrong with bowing ur head to shsaters all the Takhts have the shasters on a higher palki than Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj thats how much satkaar they do of shasters there a quote froma french man in india during Guru Gobind Singh Maharajs time and he says Guru Jee used to sit on one palki and people would do Metha tik to them and then there was shasters on another palki and the sangat would do mehta tirk to them.

If you read shaster naam mala from Dasam Granth Sahib Maharaj and understand it you will see what status Guru Gobind Singh Jee gave Shasters

Bhul Chuk Marfee