Excommunication Of Prof. Gurmukh Singh In 1887

Ever since India got freedom there is a movement afoot to diminish the respect for akal takhat.

Congress party is the main brain behind it.

They tried to capture SGPC by forming sadh sangat board under Sachar and Kairon.They failed.

After 1984 this effort was accelerated through their sikh agents. Now likes of darshan ragi and missionaries do not miss a chance

to criticize akal takhat.

I applaud akal takhat especially the present jethedar for having acted to excommunicate Darshan Ragi.

Akal takhat is supreme for sikhs.

Please post the copy of the mata/sandesh bearing original signatures/letterpad of sri akal takht sahib etc. Please provide sources to prove the issue before discussing such sensitive topic(s)

the information on this case i got from Dr. Sangat Singh's book "The Sikhs in History."

on page 130-131 there is a english translation of the mata i will type it out below.

Ik Onkar Sati Gur Prasadi

Sri Akal Sahaye,

Akal Sahay,

Takht Sri Akal Bunga Sahib Ji,

Sri Darbar Sahib

We the undersigned Singh Sahibs, poojaris, Takht Sri Akal Takht, Bungaji Sahib and Sri

Darbar and Baba Atal Rai Sihibji, and Jhanda Bunga Sahibji and Shaheed Bunga Sahibji,

have examined the case of Gurmukh Singh, Secretary, and have found that this person at some

places, contrary to the Guru's devotion, has shown disrepect to Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Guru-Ansh

(descendents of Gurus) and Gurbani, orally and in print, and this leads to the conclusion that

his faith is totally averse to the Sikh beliefs and for such reasons we all Poojaris, Granthis and

Lambardaars of the aforementioned Gurdwaras, put in our hand that the said Gurmukh Singh

is expelled from the Panth Khalsa. That said Gurdwaras shall not accept his Ardaasa and shall

have no link with him.

Let all Sikh sangats be warned to avoid his assocation and following. Whosoever shall

adhere to his following shall be deemed to be a be-mukh and be taken to be liable to tankhah

(fine) and shall be punishable with the similar treatment.

This issues on 7th Chet, Samat 418 Guru Nanak - Christian Era March 18, 1887.

Signatures: Present Singh Sahibs, Auhdedaars, Granthis and Pujari. 29 Panth dignitaries

including Bhia Narain SIngh, Granthi, Gurdwara Tarn Taran.

this is the mata or resolution

on the bottom of Dr. Sangat Singh's book it says

This mata was revoked only in September, 1995 at the World Sikh Conference held under the auspices of Akal Takht and the services of Prof. Gurmukh Singh appreciated.-----

from what i can gather about Dr. Sangat Singh's book it is supported by Sant Saphai Magazine,amritsar and Kendri Sri Guru Singh Sabha. also it has many endorsments from other magazines. Did anyone find the orginal mata which Dr. Sangat Singh translated into english.

Sangat singh is often quoted like dilgeer in Spokesman newspaper.

I do not think Sant sipahi ever endorsed such a maverick. Sant

sipahi is a panthic magazine.

His background

Dr Sangat Singh was a member of Policy Planning think tank in the Indian Foreign Office, He was an alternate member of Joint Intelligence Committee, the supreme policy planning body of the Government of India for two years each in early and late 1970s, and in-between he was Director Strategic Studies in India’s Defence Ministry. He spent the last decade in the foreign office dealing inter alia with disinformation.

Sangat Singh speaks against Dasam Bani. He also speaks against the nitnem banis used in amrit sanchar that are from Dasam Granth. I posted a link to some of his writing on this several months ago on this site. It is the same Sangat Singh you guys are referencing above. He has no credibility.

You are right. Sangat singh is in the same category as Harjinder Dilgeer. Both are gurnindaks and are no more sikhs.

Do not believe their history books as they are written to harm sikhism.

Dalsingh101 ji

I think the topic does not deal with present situation.As you have brought in this subject

below is my opinion.

When Gurudawra act was passed there is no provision for the appoinment of jathedar

of akal takhat.

Anyhow SGPC became cusodian of sikh religious affairs.Thus they were the ones to appoint

jathedars. So there is an ineherent flaw therein and because of that akali party has say in this.

Taking present decisions from akal takhat excommunicating Ragi Darshan singh, i applaud akal

takhat for having done this to bring such blasphemous persons under control. They have done

nothing wrong in this.

SGPC is too influenced by politics..hence is corrupt and untrustworthy...this is why the traditional system should never have been removed. I.E: Up untill 1920's the Jathedar of Akal Takht was always the the Jathedar of Buddha Dal.

the information on this case i got from Dr. Sangat Singh's book "The Sikhs in History."

on page 130-131 there is a english translation of the mata i will type it out below.

Ik Onkar Sati Gur Prasadi

Sri Akal Sahaye,

Akal Sahay,

Takht Sri Akal Bunga Sahib Ji,

Sri Darbar Sahib

We the undersigned Singh Sahibs, poojaris, Takht Sri Akal Takht, Bungaji Sahib and Sri

Darbar and Baba Atal Rai Sihibji, and Jhanda Bunga Sahibji and Shaheed Bunga Sahibji,

have examined the case of Gurmukh Singh, Secretary, and have found that this person at some

places, contrary to the Guru's devotion, has shown disrepect to Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Guru-Ansh

(descendents of Gurus) and Gurbani, orally and in  print, and this leads to the conclusion that

his faith is totally averse to the Sikh beliefs and for such reasons we all Poojaris, Granthis and

Lambardaars of the aforementioned Gurdwaras, put in our hand that the said Gurmukh Singh

is expelled from the Panth Khalsa. That said Gurdwaras shall not accept his Ardaasa and shall

have no link with him.

Let all Sikh sangats be warned to avoid his assocation and following.  Whosoever shall

adhere to his following shall be deemed to be a be-mukh and be taken to be liable to tankhah

(fine) and shall be punishable with the similar treatment.

This issues on 7th Chet, Samat 418 Guru Nanak - Christian Era March 18, 1887.

Signatures: Present Singh Sahibs, Auhdedaars, Granthis and Pujari. 29 Panth dignitaries

including Bhia Narain SIngh, Granthi, Gurdwara Tarn Taran.

this is the mata or resolution

on the bottom of Dr. Sangat Singh's book it says

This mata was revoked only in September, 1995 at the World Sikh Conference held under the auspices of Akal Takht and the services of Prof. Gurmukh Singh appreciated.-----

Thanks for sending me the link 

here is the hukhmana in the orgianal

its on page 63

Prof. Gurmukh Singh's excommunication Sandesh

On a side note that does not has link with topic it is better to state that These days there are many fake singh sabhas cropping up in Canada and USA.

These are anti sikh organizations floated by communists and anti sikh agents whose main aim is to do propaganda against sikhism.

Do not be misled by their names.