What Do Some Uninformed Americans Really Think Of Us?

Mehtab Singh

On serious note, it is important for us to be careful on how we respond to such hatred on online forums. We shouldn't lower ourselves to there level and do name-calling etc. It is important to remember that for every unreasonable person commenting there, there are 100 perfectly reasonable people reading it. We just need to reply and make our point for the sake of those people. Let them make there own mind. If the troll continues to name-call, don't respond. Our guru's have prepared and taught us to be above all this. We need to remember the story of saint and the crab. If they don't change their nature, we shouldn't change ours.

Sorry if this may seem lecturing.

Absolutely agree 100%. Abruptness or violence will not work in these instances. We must prove to be better than these people. The hypocritical nature of the world today means that those that do lift the sword to defend themselves are demonised, whilst the original aggressor can conveniently point and say "See! I told you they were bad people!". We can't fall into these traps again.

Lol those sheltered ignorant people got told with the last few posts, they must feel really stupid now.
You are right. I hope that just like they made an effort to type out the garbage they had in their mind, they now make an effort to atleast read the basics of Sikhi.

And Kaljugi said

The hypocritical nature of the world today means that those that do lift the sword to defend themselves are demonised, whilst the original aggressor can conveniently point and say "See! I told you they were bad people!". We can't fall into these traps again.
That was absolutely brilliant! Makes total sense.

Right now isn't the ideal time of the sword, the time will come when Guru Sahib's shastar vidiya will be more important than ever. It's only inevitable when the world population is exponentially increasing, natural resources are only being supplied in a steady supply, forests and other natural wildlife is being destroyed, natural resources are limited and are being fought against and so on and so forth.

I'm afraid it will only get worse, Guru Sahib has given us such powerful gifts that can and will be practical and useful no matter what time we are in...

Right now, however, we need to educate everyone via the pen and mouth.