Should An Anivarsary Be Done Same Day As Gurpurab?

tulwar

VJKKVJKF

This has been bugging me for some time, my good friends father passed away same time as a guru ji's gurpurab. Should they do a barsi/program/remeberance program for him on the same day as a gurpurab? I have seen the people do barsi of Sant giani takhur singh on same day as gurpurab, does mean its ok to do so, or is it overshadowing the gurpurab?

VJKKVJKF

This has been bugging me for some time, my good friends father passed away same time as a guru ji's gurpurab. Should they do a barsi/program/remeberance program for him on the same day as a gurpurab? I have seen the people do barsi of Sant giani takhur singh on same day as gurpurab, does mean its ok to do so, or is it overshadowing the gurpurab?

if we refer to different sanskars( ceremonies ) in the life of a sikh, thigs become self explanatory, we recite anand sahib and distribute karah prasad at every ceremony,

be it the birth, marriage or passing away of our beloved ones .barsi , remembrence are held to remember the good deeds of the departed and take inspiration , so

theoratically there should not be any problem but so many invitees may not be able to attend the programme , which should be kept in mind and preponing or postponing

a few days is practical