Tired

Guest worn out bibi

Guest worn out bibi

I have a million and one things I want to do but no energy. I have huge ups and downs. Some days I get a million and one things done. the next day I can't even get out of bed. How do I get my energy level back up? I am tired of being tired.

I used to have similar problems, alot of work on, cant get motivated, feeling too tierd, struggle to get out of bed.

You should try doing a bit of cardio in the mornings, will make you feel fresh for the whole day, you just need to try it for a week, the first weeks always hard, but I promise you you will feel a lot better overall.

If you already do this/ don't have enough time, try keeping an eye on your blood sugar levels...

I.e. don't eat too many sugary foods, switch over from simple carbs to complex carbs... switch the white atta for wholemeal atta.

Consistancy is the key, if you for example drink a can of coke, about 30 minutes later blood sugar levels spike, as its full of glucose, which needs no digestion, and can be absorbed into the blood pretty much straight away.

Your body then secretes insulin to lower blood sugar levels, which drops blood sugar slightly below what is should be, making you crave more sweet food/drink, and feel tierd.

On the other hand, one wholemeal rooti is full of complex carbs (long chains of glucose) which take a lot longer to digest, slowly releasing sugar into the blood, as the bodys enzymes slowly take glucose from the long chains one by one, with no blood sugar level spikes, giving you consistent energy levels for a lot longer.

Bottom line is, if your diet is in order, and you exercise regularly and still feel drained you need to see a doctor. If not try switching to healthier foods, and throw some cardio in too.

WJKK WJKF

Eat lots of fruit and veg, drinks lots of water - sips rather then gulping it - try light excercise/yoga and get yourself tested by your doctor for aneamia or something or lack of iron .

building up overall energy levels can take time. i've been there. the above suggestions are very good. it takes time, but you can regain full energy. read about acid / alkalline balance diets. fruits, veggies, whole grain carabs (to some degree) are helpful. junk food, white flour, are not.

write down all that you have to do, prioritise it to decrease your worry load. do more paath in your spare time instead of watching news etc. go to gurdwara more. exercise, fresh air, pranayama. it's about life balance. read the dale carnegie book on worry. all these things will help you. if you want specific diet suggestions, dr. fuhrman's eat to live book has great testomonials and looks like it helps with fatigue issues a lot.

cardio is very good, ive also tried kundalini yoga, pliates, dumbells and I have to stretch every single morning, this makes me feel pretty energised and calm and clear minded. Cardio is very good whatever time, I try and do it coupled with crunches, pliates and dumbells in the evenings (once a week cuz im lazy and nowadays less than that! although I do light pilates and kundalini yoga during the week!) n stretch in the mornings. In short tho any excercise is good, it all boosts your energy levels so do jumping jacks or skipping if u have to at the least.

p.s excercise helps your naam jaap massively so theres really no cons.

@ SunSingh - There's nothing wrong with watching the news. When someone asks a question about current affairs, better to have an answer than looking gormless and ignorant. That's a great way to make an impression on someone, who'll probably walk-away thinking Sikhs are dumb if you can't hold a conversation with someone about what's going on in the world(!)

If you'd said stop watching nonsense TV programmes, like soaps and dramas, etc, then I'd agree.

@ SunSingh - There's nothing wrong with watching the news. When someone asks a question about current affairs, better to have an answer than looking gormless and ignorant. That's a great way to make an impression on someone, who'll probably walk-away thinking Sikhs are dumb if you can't hold a conversation with someone about what's going on in the world(!)

If you'd said stop watching nonsense TV programmes, like soaps and dramas, etc, then I'd agree.

Sunsingh is saying replace watching the news with paat. This is an excellent suggestion because the time a person takes watching the news can get them more negative and doing paat puts them in a state of balance. Majority of the time the news is talking about tragedies that took place locally or internationally. All this negatively can affect a person to be negative and the original poster is facing this issue. So she needs to surround herself with positive thoughts and positive people.

Sunsingh is saying replace watching the news with paat. This is an excellent suggestion because the time a person takes watching the news can get them more negative and doing paat puts them in a state of balance. Majority of the time the news is talking about tragedies that took place locally or internationally. All this negatively can affect a person to be negative and the original poster is facing this issue. So she needs to surround herself with positive thoughts and positive people.

I still say a few minutes of news isn't the issue here. The outside world is full of negativity and terrible people - should we lock ourselves away from the world and never leave our homes, in case this negativity harms us? Of course not.

The news isn't always about tragedies. Most of it tells us about issues (or potential issues) that affect our everyday life. It just depends what news channel you watch. :D

And I'm not saying 'Don't Do Paath' (in-case my words are interpreted that way). I'm saying there is no provable link between feeling out-of-sorts physically with watching the news. Of course if news is the problem, you can just read it on the internet.