Help With Bana Issue

Guest Confused.com

Guest Confused.com

Vaheguroo ji,

Basicaly Dass has been blessed with being able to wear Guroo sahibs bana everyday, not because I want to show off, not because I think I'm better than anyone else, not to draw attention to myself, but because I am the lowest of the absolute low. I love it because it's so simple, it's Guroosahibs image and also when I went to went to India, a mahapurakh gavme hukam to wear it everyday as it is part of Maryada.

Recently it seems that some sangat have a problem with mewearing it which really breaks my heart. The sangat at the Gurdwara think I'm showing off because I think I'm a Sant. Even a 'gursikh' had told me through krodh that I shouldn't wear it anymore. That was really upsetting as Gursikhs should be supporting each other.

When I was coming home from a Kirtan dabar my mum took me to my cousins house as they were having a get together and I was not aware that there would be alcohol present. Anyway they got drunk and once again said how the other amritdhars go to the Gurdwara in normal clothes and I should too. More things were said but nothing positive.

It's getting me really depressed that so many people and saying things about my bana sahib and have a problem with it.

I would like Gursikhi view on what to do please. My one Benti

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh jeeo

Don't worry about others, I'm hoping to take the same step to. We should all really be doing this I think. Seeing as you got hukam from the Sant Ji, then don't worry, you have Vaheguroo behind you, follow the hukam forget others. Only the Sants, Guru Ji and Vaheguroo Sahib can help you in the afterlife, not these people.

defo don't take off the bani, and take a hukamnama after doing ardas for general guidance, support, blessings, hukam on how to deal with people, whatever else,etc.

There is a two step process on how to deal with these types of people. Depending on your age. First one is singing Waheguru simran when you cross paths with these ignorant souls. Nod your head, let them speak and once it's your chance to respond. Then respond with love, saying I follow Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj. He gave me the order of wearing Bana and those other Amritdharis are practicing Sikhi at their own pace. Give them examples of Gursikhs that wear Bana everyday and these Gursikhs also said wear it. Say you feel closer to Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj when in full Bana. Say it's become a ang of mine and I cannot go without it. Say the pyaare I have for Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj is the force behind me wearing Bana. I look at my brothers Dhan Dhan Bhai Ajit Singh ji and Dhan Dhan Dhan Bhai Jujhar Singh ji and get the spirit to adorn the dress they fought with for Dharma. I look at my brothers Dhan Dhan Dhan Bhai Zorawar Singh ji and Dhan Dhan Dhan Bhai Fateh Singh ji and get the courage to stand before the world and declare I am from the Panth that stares ruthless killers in the face and tells them I belong to the immortal do with me as you please, but I will not give up the immortal way. Tell them the wearing of Bana is the uniform of the Immortal beings, who stand for truth. I am humbled and honored to be part of such a high life style and will represent my Dharma with the highest respect in the world.

If the above does not stop them from slandering. This is the second part. In Bir raas then continue on to say, why should I not wear the uniform of the Khalsa Panth? When you ask this, look them straight in the eye and if hes much taller get in a postion where you are directly looking him/her in the eye. Go further with, No one is stopping anyone else from wearing it. But I am encouraging other Amritdharis to wear the Bana that our Gurus gave to us. I am encouraging others to take Amrit Tell them wearing of the Bana is not some outward show where I wear to impress the people. Go further and say this is no game wear I can take off the Bana when my mind wishes. And the last thing you say to them when looking them in the eye. I will not take off the Bana for anyone or anything. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj is my Guru and if you seriously have a problem with it we can go before the Punj Pyare and Satguru will order us.

Don't get mad or angry with them. Be firm for the first part and explain. But if they don't accept our Gurus teachings and continue to tell you to not wear it. Then get in Bir raas and still be firm, but direct and to the point. Give them time to speak, but question their words with giving the teaching of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj. Carry the teachings of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj as weapons to fight these slanders.

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaj is putting you in this position to acknowledge you need to learn how to speak up for the Bana. Don't take this as a bad thing. Think in a postive way and take this opportunity to polish up your understanding of the Bana. Don't let these cowards who can't live to your high standards drop you. Whenever you feel like, you do now. If you have chaupai Sahib da paat memorized then starting reciting it. If you don't, then this is a clue Satguru is giving you to memorize it, so when you feel like this, you can recite the paat to get your strength back. Another shabad that helps is Deh Shiva Bar mohe ihe......

Stay strong Singha, these moments of weakness are always the ones that bring us closer to Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj because this is when our sharda(faith) is being tested by Kaal. If you keep your full faith in Sri waheguru ji and kaal can't put doubts in your mind, then you the Khalsa will uplift many souls along with your own.

Wear it but only if you are keeping a decent amount of rehat on the inside too - daily amritvela missing very few days, extra banis ontop of nitnem every day, bibek, etc. Bana is a rehat we should all try and keep but is pakhand if we dont try equally as hard with other rehats too.

bharosa rakho veerji .....there are many many many many who they cant wear this and will not let wear others" koi na koi eyaaje gal khengeh ull think what are they telling" but just IGNORE ALL OF THEM...ur veechar is soo good :) lowest of low bassss keep this in ur heart..

guru ram das reham karn never ever stop veerjio .... nitnem ,abyaas teh maharj kirpan karn,fatteey chako fer :D

GOOD LUCK