Chairs

good

These foggies drunk every pub dry in their time and now they want respect and sit on chiars infront of Guru Ji what right have they earned to do this? They can get respect at home from their family and friends.

Bundha, that is without a doubt the most offensive thing I've ever read here. Are you seriously suggesting that my grandmother, and other elderly auntia now in wheelchairs and crutches at the Gurdwara, spent their lives getting plastered down the boozer rather than spending their whole lives as teetotal vegetarians retired after 40 years of working a 70 hour shift ?

I am strongly against the chair idea... However for extremely bejurag and back/joint problem cases, i like the concept of Southall Gurdwara sahib where they have this bunker type corner area where one can sit easily at sangat level and enjoy guru darbar ??

I am strongly against the chair idea... However for extremely bejurag and back/joint problem cases, i like the concept of Southall Gurdwara sahib where they have this bunker type corner area where one can sit easily at sangat level and enjoy guru darbar ??

Do you mean chairs which are built lower into the ground, but their seats are on the same level of the sangat who are sitting on the floor? That's actually a good idea. The extremely immobile can sit on these lowered chairs, but they aren't sitting higher than the sangat or Guru Granth Sahib. Any chance of a picture?

Obviously this area would have to be policed, so that cheeky kids or lazy jokers don't abuse the service on offer.

As much as one would like to have a zero-tolerance policy on this issue, it would be heartless to stop those whose bodies aren't what they were, the opportunity to sit in the congregation.