Sikh Community Jointly Condemns English Defence League

Guest Gupt

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

I had actually stopped posting on here as even though DalSingh always replyed to my posts in a respectful manner, they just kept going around in circles.

Also the admin at the time said they didn’t want any so called ‘edl’ propaganda so were deleting everything.

Recently A post was made about how edl members got a fb group comparing the darstar of the Sikhs with bin ladin shut down- not Sikhs, but gorai, and the admin shut that post down.

Thus I get the impression that any1 with any link to the edl is not welcome to this ‘SANGAT’.

However, I will post again.

1)Where are the statements from these so called sikh orgs condemning grooming by Pakistani groups not just to sikh girls but all girls in England. Where are the statements condemning attacks in this country and all the arrests benign made preventing terrorist attacks, where are alL the statements saying don’t label all as ‘ASIANS’ BUT DISTINGUISH BETWEEN Sikhs/hindues/Mulsims etc

2)So what if Sikhs support the EDL, maybe they are also fed up of all the issues with islamists in this country, and DalSingh before you say ‘don’t side with goray’

I don’t see any1 else taking a stand, and I and I am sure many others would stand side by side with you if you take the initiative??

3) No one has the right to speak on behalf of the sikh community and I think the turban campaign if they are so passionate about what they belive in, they should focus on the real issues and not just get in to a ‘postion’ by condemning fellow Sikhs.

I have wrote in the past a detailed argument of if not supporting the edl at least knowing they are not what the media portray and that don’t us fall into the hype, lets see how long this post lasts before I write anymore.

Off to a meeting to educate 50 so called ‘racist chavy uneducated gorai’ about the difference between Singhs and Muslims J

Just Saying,

This Rana Fella Is A Mona Who Runs ‘Turban Campaign’. I Wouldn’t Be Surprised If He Is A Secret Islam Convert Using Propaganda Tactics. Why Would Anyone Want To Convert To Islam? Oh Yeah, Then They Have Excuses To Do Evil. Why Doesn’t He, Rana, Put Up His Picture Under The Name ‘Turban Campaign’ On This Forum And Elsewhere. Oh Yeah! Then Everyone Would See His Deceptive Tactics! This Mona Rana Character Is Very Cunning! I Am Confident He Works For Islam Extremists.

Having Said That. I Wouldn’t Necessarily Join The EDL, NO. I Would Definitely Educate Them However On The Differences Between Sikhs And Muslims. I Would Educate The Entire UK And World On Sikhi !! I Am Confident (Though Many Won’t Agree) But Many People Of The EDL Will Actually Respect Sikhi !! (Even Though Sikhi Is Very Much Against The Culture Of Drinking Etc) Many Would Actually Perhaps Even ‘Find The Light’ Through Sikhi !!

The Islam Extremism That EDL Is Fighting Against, Is GOOD; But,

Sikhs Need To Represent Themselves. I Am Talking About True Khalsa Aashikhs. Not Super Glued Dhaaree, Starched Helmets, Towel Head So Called Scholars No Jeevan Brown Noses. True Saint Soldier Inspired Aashikhs With Royal Dastaar Crowns.

The UK Government Are Islam Extremist Brown Noses. And This Is Very Dangerous.

People Need To Understand That There Is Evil That Is Preached In The Quran. Stop Being Brown Noses Like So Called ‘Turban Campaign’ Run By Mona Cunning Propagandists.

ALL EVIL FROM EVERYWHERE WILL BE DESTROYED WORLDWIDE !!!!!

TRUE KHALSA WILL RISE AND RULE THE HEARTS OF ALL WORLDWIDE !!!!!

CHARDHI KALAA !!!

FYI - Balwindar Rana DOES NOT run the Turban Campaign. He is a spokesperson for United Against Fascism. Please consider spending time and reading through the list of signatories and who they represent.

In Canada, their largest Hindu Advocacy Canadian Hindu Advocacy has joined with JDL .. to support EDL:

One might find it curious to see militant Zionists and Hindu nationalists come together to host a rally in solidarity with racist British football hooligans in the dead of the Canadian winter.
But when the common enemy is Islam, transatlantic right wing extremists seem happy to ignore their differences and embrace a marriage of convenience.

The leader of the English Defense League (EDL), a rabidly anti-Muslim organization notorious for holding violent and intimidating street protests, was given a forum to address approximately 100 people at the Toronto Zionist Centre by the Canadian wing of the Jewish Defense League (JDL) last Tuesday.

In a political and economic climate of uncertainty and fear, scapegoating and blatant racism have found receptive audiences on both sides of the Atlantic.

Speaking to the Canadian crowd via Skype connection, EDL leader Stephen Lennon stated that, "Islam stands fundamentally against what we are for. It's like oil and water."

He warned Canadians to fight back before being overrun by "Islamofascists" like Britain.

Alleged to have been a member of the racist British National Party, Lennon was charged with assaulting a police officer at an EDL demonstration last November.

While the EDL has forged links with Dutch far right politician Geert Wilders and elements of the Tea Party movement in the US, this was the group's first foray into Canada.

Though major British Jewish organizations have denounced the EDL as Islamophobic and violent, the Jewish Defense League of Canada welcomed them with open arms due in large part to the EDL's support for Israel in what it sees as a war of Western civilization vs. Islam.

The JDL claims to be committed to, "the reclamation of the Jewish sense of Justice and the abolition of hatred and bigotry."

Outside the event protesters from the Anti Racist Action shouted, "How can you stand arm in arm with these fascists? Your grandparents would be ashamed!"

Wearing balaclavas and hoodies emblazoned with the image of a clenched fist over a Star of David, JDL members silently stood guard.

Labeled a violent extremist organization by the FBI, the JDL is a far right Zionist movement founded by Rabbi Meir Kahane in 1968.

A former charter member of the JDL named Baruch Goldstein murdered 29 Palestinians in a Hebron mosque in 1994. The
JDL's website
praises Goldstein as, "A martyr in Judaism's protracted struggle against Arab terrorism."

Most recently the leader of the JDL, Irv Rubin, and another member were arrested in 2001 for plotting to blow up a mosque in Culver City, California and assassinate Arab-American Congressman Darrell Issa.

The Canadian branch of the JDL operates openly in North Toronto, a testament perhaps to the unprecedented strengthening of ties between Canada and Israel over the last five years.

While the group has not been linked to any acts of terrorism, hate speech and incitement spewed unchallenged from JDL representatives at the EDL event.

Before introducing Lennon a JDL representative advocated the ethnic cleansing of all Palestinians from the Occupied Territories and the destruction of the Al Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem.

Expressing support for Florida pastor Terry Jones' effort to organize a mass burning of the Koran on the anniversary of 9/11, he proclaimed, "The Koran should be burned in any civilized country."

Global linkages are being made between racist organizations hell bent on combating their perceived enemies. When such voices of violence and provocation receive a welcoming audience in one of the world's most multicultural cities it is frightening to imagine what it portends for the future.

The words of a speaker from the group Canadian Hindu Advocacy should serve as a warning.

"The problem of Islam is a global problem," he declared.

"We will resolve this problem one way or another."

Blake Sifton

Today the joint statement released by various Sikh temples, Community representatives and Student groups condemning the English Defence League (EDL) is being aired around the clock on Sunrise Radio 1458am.

To hear a clipping of the news, please visit the below link:

http://www.turbancampaign.com/updates/sikh-community-joint-statement-featured-on-sunrise-radio/

Alternatively to download the audio click below:

http://turbancampaign.com/edl/multimedia/sunrise_radio.ogg.