Comprehensive Sikh History Book(S) Needed.

Singh559

The best sources are all in panjabi...for simple panjab i'd recommend the translations of sree sooraj prakash in 3 volumes by Sodhi Teja Singh.

He writes the sakhiya in very simple panjabi and sodhi teja singh doesn't add any commentary. Simple sakhia from one of the most reliable sources out there.

Veer Ji, could you obtain a copy of this book? If you can I can pay you completely including shipping to the States.

you can get them from Sikh Missionary in Southall - recommended must read!

Unfortunately, I'm from the States so I cant go there. If you are able to obtain a copy of the three volumes by Sodhi Teja Singh, I can pay what it costs.If someone can, let me know the price beforehand. So far, I couldn't find any online seller.

Veer Ji, could you obtain a copy of this book? If you can I can pay you completely including shipping to the States.

Unfortunately, I'm from the States so I cant go there. If you are able to obtain a copy of the three volumes by Sodhi Teja Singh, I can pay what it costs.If someone can, let me know the price beforehand. So far, I couldn't find any online seller.

Pyario, i'm more than happy to purchase and send them to you but due to the fact that the 3 volumes do contain Gurbanee, i personally don't feel posting them to the US is even an option for me.

you can purchase them from Singh Brother in Amritsar - maybe someone you know may be going India?

volume 1 - SRI NIRANKARI CHAMATKAR by SODHI TEJA SINGH

volume 2 - SODHI CHAMATKAR by SODHI TEJA SINGH

volume 3 - SRI DASAM GUR CHAMATKAR by SODHI TEJA SINGH

http://www.singhbrothers.com/private/db/auresult.asp?auth=SODHI+TEJA+SINGH

i'm sorry i can't help anymore jeeo - i don't know anyone in the US or anyone that will be going anytime soon.

Bhul Chuk Maaf karnee

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Jagjit Singh's Sikh revolution too. Very interesting contextualisation of Sikh history. I'm sure you could find it on the web if you look hard enough.

Is this the book?:

http://www.amazon.com/SIKH-REVOLUTION-perspective-view/dp/B002FDSKM0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296513172&sr=1-3

I have bought Sicques, Tigers, or Thieves and have read a lot of it, I'm waiting on the Persial Sources book to arrive.

Pyario, i'm more than happy to purchase and send them to you but due to the fact that the 3 volumes do contain Gurbanee, i personally don't feel posting them to the US is even an option for me.

you can purchase them from Singh Brother in Amritsar - maybe someone you know may be going India?

volume 1 - SRI NIRANKARI CHAMATKAR by SODHI TEJA SINGH

volume 2 - SODHI CHAMATKAR by SODHI TEJA SINGH

volume 3 - SRI DASAM GUR CHAMATKAR by SODHI TEJA SINGH

http://www.singhbrot...ODHI+TEJA+SINGH

i'm sorry i can't help anymore jeeo - i don't know anyone in the US or anyone that will be going anytime soon.

Bhul Chuk Maaf karnee

I have obtained Volume 3 from my chacha ji, I think he has loaned out the other three to someone else and never got them back. ---------I haven't got to read Max Arthur MacAuliffe's book(s) yet because I can't stand reading on a screen so I might order them as well for reference. Does anyone know if there are any inaccuracies or anything against Gurmat or against real history?

....I haven't got to read Max Arthur MacAuliffe's book(s) yet because I can't stand reading on a screen so I might order them as well for reference. Does anyone know if there are any inaccuracies or anything against Gurmat or against real history?

From my slight knowledge about the intricacies of Gurmat, the only thing that took me aback was the mention of Sikh warriors partaking in eating meat after battles against the Mughals. <Mod edit: sikhsangat.com stands by the Gurmat hukam that meat is not allowed in any circumstances> I don't want to go on as I understand its a sensitive issue.

All in all, his volumes are very reverential to Sikhi. Although I apologise to anyone if there are inaccuracies found within them, and I've made it sound as if they're perfect.

EDIT: Just read a section that I had an inkling might be a bit dodgy, and yes there is the classic Vaisakhi mistake about goats (if you get my drift). That's a shame as I actually learnt quite a lot from these books. I'm wondering if there's other stuff that isn't entirely accurate. :huh: