Comprehensive Sikh History Book(S) Needed.

Singh559

Well classes have started again and my professor from History (prehistory to 1600) gave us the syllabus which includs a term paper and a 15 minute presentation. My thought was to do my paper on Sikh history and use that for my presentation, however, i need some guidance from the Sangat in finding legitimate sources I can use for citations.

If you know of a good Sikh history book or books, regardless to how broad the time frame, can you please list the names and authors of the books and if possible links or ways I can find/buy them.

Thanks.

How is the sangat on Max Arthur MacAuliffe? Are his 'History of The Sikhs' volumes accepted? If they are, I have them downloaded onto my computer (not illegally because their copyright has passed over 100 years ago, therefore its okay to download them - I think). If you're interested Singh559, I could email them to you?

Check out Jagjit Singh's Sikh revolution too. Very interesting contextualisation of Sikh history. I'm sure you could find it on the web if you look hard enough.

Thanks DalSingh and Kaljugi, i'll have a look and probably order once I get home from class.

How is the sangat on Max Arthur MacAuliffe? Are his 'History of The Sikhs' volumes accepted? If they are, I have them downloaded onto my computer (not illegally because their copyright has passed over 100 years ago, therefore its okay to download them - I think). If you're interested Singh559, I could email them to you?

Yes please. smile.gif

wub.gif Thanks Khalsa Ji! So many great books!

Now to find the actual books and try to buy them, given they're affordable. ohmy.gif

The .pdfs are great Singho, i'm starting to read them right now. Only reason I'm buying is because I'd rather have the actual book as well.

Dhanvad K Singh Ji, I will definitely look into trying to find it. If I can't find it, do you know where/how I can obtain it? I performed a few searches, but nothing relevant came up.