Strength In Left Hand

mundasingh123

Hi , VeerJi

I am posting This Here cos i know that the Punjabis/Sikhs are known to be Strong Men.So My issue is that I have weak left Hand . I know its weak when i try to punch against the wall/Hard surface . I have Delicate wrists but i know i have wiry strength . I had been training with Dumbbells for a long time,Then went on to Free hand strength programs like Squats,Pushups,Pullups,Burpees and what not .My left hand remains the same as before .Please Advise.

Hi , VeerJi

I am posting This Here cos i know that the Punjabis/Sikhs are known to be Strong Men.So My issue is that I have weak left Hand . I know its weak when i try to punch against the wall/Hard surface . I have Delicate wrists but i know i have wiry strength . I had been training with Dumbbells for a long time,Then went on to Free hand strength programs like Squats,Pushups,Pullups,Burpees and what not .My left hand remains the same as before .Please Advise.

Hi use powerballs to strengthen ur wrist athletes use them to strengthen theirs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyroscopic_exercise_tool

I would also encourage you to visit a qualified chiropractor who can asses muscle imbalances in your body. Sometimes (not always), weakness in a certain part of the body is due to signals not firing correctly inside your nervous system. However, a proper examination is required before such a conclusion can be derived.

Speaking of chiropractors, stay away from those who crack your bones 'into place'. NEVER let anyone crack your neck. Other, low impact methods, such as the Activator methods are now quite widely practiced by many, these are safe.

Keep training with free weights, doing compound movements, and strength between the left and right side will balance out over time. By the way, punching technique is more important than brute strength - some boxing lessons will be good and bag work will toughen your wrists too.

Keep training with free weights, doing compound movements, and strength between the left and right side will balance out over time. By the way, punching technique is more important than brute strength - some boxing lessons will be good and bag work will toughen your wrists too.

i have exhausted myself with compound movements .I have been doing 500 squats ,500 pushups . Yet this weakness continues to lag me .

i have exhausted myself with compound movements .I have been doing 500 squats ,500 pushups . Yet this weakness continues to lag me .

Hi, I just bought the NSD Power Ball 250Hz Autostart from Argos. Im already feeling the difference after 10 minutes of use my wrist muscles and my hand were being worked. You shud buy it because its very simple to use and quite addictive lol.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9250930/Trail/searchtext%3EPOWER+BALL.htm

I'm not sure how effective the power ball is going to be here. It will strengthen your tendons which is awesome but in my opinion it wont fix the muscle imbalance.

Do you do any single arm exercises in your workout? For example, single arm dead lift, single arm bent over rows? If you don't, I would highly recommend that you make them a regular part of your workout. Dumbbells make it easier to do such exercises.

Once you build an imbalance in your body, and most people do, doing unilateral movements only make the imbalance worse. Simply because, as you do a exercise, the stronger side takes over. So the key is to always incorporate single leg/arm exercises. Try doing a single leg body weight squat and you will see how tough it really is. Doing single leg/arm movements is the only way to catch the imbalance early and fix it accordingly.

Mind you, it will take many months, likely years, to fix this imbalance. So don't get discouraged if you don't see progress in a matter of weeks. Good luck.

I'm not sure how effective the power ball is going to be here. It will strengthen your tendons which is awesome but in my opinion it wont fix the muscle imbalance.

Do you do any single arm exercises in your workout? For example, single arm dead lift, single arm bent over rows? If you don't, I would highly recommend that you make them a regular part of your workout. Dumbbells make it easier to do such exercises.

Once you build an imbalance in your body, and most people do, doing unilateral movements only make the imbalance worse. Simply because, as you do a exercise, the stronger side takes over. So the key is to always incorporate single leg/arm exercises. Try doing a single leg body weight squat and you will see how tough it really is. Doing single leg/arm movements is the only way to catch the imbalance early and fix it accordingly.

Mind you, it will take many months, likely years, to fix this imbalance. So don't get discouraged if you don't see progress in a matter of weeks. Good luck.

I only do body weights dont get the time to go to a gym. Ya single leg squats are tuf .do single arm bent rows require weights ? i understand deadlifts require weights.