Pakistani Peados In News Again - Father Saves His Daughter From Rapists

Southall Youth

All that read the Daily Star article, please leave a comment in regards to using the word Asian.

Again the wider Asian community taking the blame for Pakistani Male Crime.

Its time for one of these.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I wish to make a complaint about your use/abuse of the descriptive term "Asian" to generalise anyone from the continent of Asia and the sub continent of India.

It would seem that your use of the term is typically one of negativity when a particular group is in the news for reasons other than socially and culturally conducive reasons.

Many people are upset at the generalised term "Asian" when most of the population of the minorities who do come from the continent of Asia and the Indian Sub continent do not use this term.

Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Chinese, Vietnamese, Burmese are all Asian, they can all be described under the terms of Asian and it is in my opinion quite wrong to generalise such a diverse swathe of people in this broad, sweeping inaccurate term.

It is something I feel that is in danger of creating a broad distrust of minorities in general.

If one community is in the news for criminal and public order issues then they should be described specifically, as the term Asian brackets many groups who are not the perpetrators.

Jack Straw used the term “Men of Pakistani heritage" in case similar to this recently. Maybe you should use the same, as it’s more accurate.

Yours Sincerely