Census 2011 Ravidassia Urged To Be Seperate Kaum

SikhWorldTv

Do you blame them? Some of the stuff that comes their way from some so-called Sikhs is atrocious. Although there is always two sides to the story, there's a lot of casual discrimination against the Ravidassia community that I've heard with my own ears from a lot of Sikhs. It's one of the reasons a lot of them convert to Christianity because they want to escape the stigma of the caste system. Its so sad because Sikhi should've been the faith that one converted to in order to shake off caste affiliations - not Christianity.

If they wish to assert their own identity then let them. We - as Sikhs - wish to do the same, although I appreciate the differences and reasons for doing so in both cases. When the time arrives when Sikhs will stand united as one, then we can criticise other groups for their failings. Until that time we'll just be hypocrites who can't get our own house in order, but can't resist sticking our nose into other people's business.

There are no differences with ravidasias , they are still sikhs, shame many of them do not see themselves as sikh. But look at Bhagat Ravidaas Ji, they were sikh. How much beadbi and direspect is it to sikhi if they want to make their own 'faith/sect). If they only thought about what bhagat ravidaas ji would be thinking then maybe they wouldnt do this. I agree many people may treat them as different, why i dont understand. But if some members of the community didnt try to break themselves away so much from the rest of the panth then maybe we wouldnt be facing such a big problem.

Dhan Guru Nanak

Bhull chuk maaf

I agree many people may treat them as different, why i dont understand. But if some members of the community didnt try to break themselves away so much from the rest of the panth then maybe we wouldnt be facing such a big problem.

That's an understatement or what. Discrimination against so called 'neemay jaats' is endemic amongst us. Just go to a typical Panjabi village and see for yourself. I don't like what is going on myself but blaming the oppressed for rejecting those that oppress them is weak. That's blaming the victims for wanting to get away from their oppressors - which is a natural thing to do.

Instead of blaming them for leaving, try focusing higher up the chain - to the actions of those that make them want to leave.

Let's face it, since the Guru sahiban have left us in their physical form plenty of Sikhs do what they want with no shame when it comes to discriminating and generally being horrible to so called 'low castes'. It's a shame that the vast majority of the panth can't live up to the principle of equality amongst ourselves. When we fail like this, it has consequences to our society. You are seeing some of these now.

Those practising castism will pay the ultimate penalty.

What, the majority of people calling themselves Sikh (who come from a Panjabi background)?