Nanaksar Questions

recently ive been browsing and learning about the great Gursikh Baba Nand Singh Ji and Baba Isher Singh Ji and the Nanaksar Sikhs.

and two things have come up that i don't understand so please help me.

1. Why the Sangat brings the food for the langar and why its not cooked in the Gurdwara like all the other Gurdwaras.

2. Why there is no Nishan Sahib at the Nanaksar Gurdwaras.

WJKK WJKF

I found this on a website, could somebody please confirm this is right as i dont usually go onto this website.

1.The food is not cooked at the Gurdwara but is brought by turn from amongst the devotees because it is a true belief that if you engage yourself in the selfless devotion of God, God will automatically make sure by inculcating in the mind of devotees to prepare fresh food and take it to Gurdwara for offering it to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee and for the people engaged in such selfless devotion.

2. Nishan Sahib in not erected in any of Nanaksar Gurdwaras because it is a political symbol or an army flag. At Nanaksar, politics is never mixed with religion. Nanaksar is the center of pure devotion and Bhagtee and is equally available to people of all denominations as per the philosophy and teaching of our reverend Gurus that their teaching, lessons and blessings are for each and every one.

Originally, Nakasar Tahts were temporary structures that were erected on reaching a site and demolished when the jatha moved on to do parchar somewhere else.

A 'taht' is a place to do bhagti only, not really a Gurudwara. The Singhs doing seva there were not paid, they ate if someone brought food or would continue with their bhagti and parchar. They do have Khandas displayed, but not Nishaan Sahibs.

There was a Nanaksar Taath near me when I was growing up. When the Gurudwara that my family usually went to was being rebuilt in the 80's, we went to the Nanaksar Taath for a few months. Also, I remember it did have a Nishaan Sahib outside, because on the morning of Baisakhi everybody did sevaa of the Nishaan Sahib (i.e. washed it with milk and changed the material).

2. Why there is no Nishan Sahib at the Nanaksar Gurdwaras.

this is down to the SGPC as they claimed all places with Nishan Sahib as gurdwaras and hence being under their control. The Nanaksar at Ludhiana do not have a Nishan Sahib for this reason, they didnt want their gurdwara being taken over by sgpc. this is the same reason many nirmala and udasi dera's claimed they were not sikhs, to escape their dera's being taken over by sgpc.