Sikh Past, Future And Present

dalsingh101

@ 11Gurus1Jot - I was referring to broader, historical, non-Sikhi events rather than theological debate in the particular instance you've quoted above. As I made clear in my first post in this thread, nothing compares to the teachings of our Gurus, and by extension Sikhi.

Are you suggesting I'm querying the validity of Guru Granth Sahib Ji? I can't tell whether you're making general points in the post above, or you're having a go at me. Clear up any confusion please.

@ Kaljugi - I'm not having a go, I understand what you mean about History. However, I do think the majority of Sikhs know very little about their own Religion and History, including me. My posts are not really aimed at the members on the Sikh Sangat Forum, but more at Sikhs, who are just 'gettin into to Sikhi', who happen to land on this site. So for example, with this particular topic, I'd rather a 'newcomer' Sikh read more about Sikh History, Sikh Religion, Sikh Philosophy, and Paath in general, that's all.

Dalsingh101 put my point across better than I ever could with his post at 08:04am.

I want just want to enter posts which will make 'beginners' want to explore their religion deeper. If in the process I say anything wrong, or saying anything anti-Gurmat, then I am more than happy to be corrected by the learned Sikhs on this site!

I just wish I manage to read, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Dasam Granth, Bhai Gurdass Diya Vara before I die. When I say read, I mean read and know what the words mean (I appreciate that there is an even deeper meaning too). Otherwise, I'd feel like I'd talked more about Sikhi, rather than actually read the Gurus' Teachings. Another way of putting it would be, could you imagine the difference between the following doing a comparison with Sikhi, and me dong a comparison with Sikhi

• Sant Jarnail Singh Ji
  • Bhai Pinderpal Singh Ji
  • Giani Takhur Singh Ji Patiala Wale
  • Sant Maskeen Ji

I've listen to Parchariks from other religions, but I have to say, they don't come close to the Singhs above (just my opinion)!!

History, as you say, is a totally different ball game!

Please see my profile, I updated it when I joined. If you remember that my posts are aimed at 'newcomers' and not at any members, then you'll see what I'm really doing.

Unless, two members are 'PM'ing each other on this site, they are talking to all the young impressionable Sikhs out there!!

I think, sometimes, your posts are a bit too intellectual! And although they may be understood by the more Advanced Sikhs, newcomers/youngsters, who have yet to attend uni etc, may not grasp the point you are trying to make.

Please let me know if the confusion has been cleared up.

Like I say, Dal Singh has summed it up nicely!!

I think, sometimes, your posts are a bit too intellectual! And although they may be understood by the more Advanced Sikhs, newcomers/youngsters, who have yet to attend uni etc, may not grasp the point you are trying to make.

Please let me know if the confusion has been cleared up.

Like I say, Dal Singh has summed it up nicely!!

That's fine. Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes its difficult to judge the tone of a person's statement when we post on these forums. An innocuous sentence if read in a certain frame of mind becomes loaded with double meaning!

No problems, brother. I guess I should dial down the intensity. As for intellectual? Nah, not yet. I'm a philistine compared to some on this site. I've got a lot to learn. I just like to think a lot, and as such questions keep popping into my head that I'd like answered.

Apologies for any unintentional feelings of animosity that came your way.