Moving To The Uk

Guest gupt_20

Guest gupt_20

i want to move out from my home next year due to some personal problems and want to move in the uk

what is the yearly cost of a good uni in london area? what would be the cost for renting an apprtment monthly?

and above all, is it easy to get a part time job, i mean will i be able to sustain myself with a part time job?

thanks

gurfateh

From my understanding, I think uni's are cheap compared to US/Can but apts can be mucho dinero but then again that would depend on the neighborhood/locale... My bf went to UK for LLM and he was able to find a nice share for about 500$/month though he did have to commute for about an hour... so you should look around... as the uni where you plan to study...

Hopefully someone from UK will answer your ques here :)

Guest gupt_20

i see

don't know which uni, but just the cost of the normal unis u got there

what about the part time job?

still thanks for your answer though,

gurfateh

I dont know what issues you have - but i wouldn't recommend leaving them unresolved, all you will be doing is deferring your issues till a later date. and leaving the country to get away from them is a little extreme.

To be honest i wouldnt advise you to come to the UK to study, the Tuition Fees are being increased for 2011/12. Universities can charge "up to £9000" per year, for Home students. International students will be more.

If you dont have relatives in London that you can stay with, there will also be your living costs. Rent etc... Part time jobs can be found, but you will have to do a significant number of hours, if your planning on financing your accomodation, living costs, and buying books etc not to mention the Fees.

Just doing a quick search on International Student Fees - i have found the following for Bangor University

Undergraduate

College of Arts, Education & Humanities £9,600

College of Business, Social Sciences & Law £9,600

Bangor Business School (BA/BSc) £10,500

College of Health & Behavioural Sciences £11,800

College of Natural Sciences £11,800

College of Physical & Applied Sciences £11,800

Postgraduate

(including Taught and Research Courses)

College of Arts, Education & Humanities

(including PGCE) £9,800

College of Business, Social Sciences & Law £9,800

Bangor Business School (MA/MSc) £12,000

Bangor Business School (MBA) £13,000

Bangor Business School London Campus (MBA) £18,000

College of Health & Behavioural Sciences £12,500

College of Natural Sciences £12,500

College of Physical & Applied Sciences £12,500

The cost of accomodation for residential halls in london for a single room is £150 per week - you could of course rent a house with 3 / 4 other people.

As for jobs, we are in a recession, students typically work in retail outlets, and a number of our large retailers have gone into administration. So be prepared to work any where.

You should consider whether studying abroad is financially viable for you, please remember that once you have your degree, and want to save to for a mortgage to buy a house - you will first need to settle your Student Loans.

Please only do what you can afford.

The advantage of studying at home, is that there are no accomodation or living costs.

If you do decide to move to the UK, and need any other info, let us know. But please do resolve any issues you have at home, running away from your problems is not the answer.

Uni fees just jumped up lately, even for the people here.

Fees are around £9000 across the board apparently. Even for crap unis.

Plus work situation is BAD. People losing jobs and lots of cuts being planned.