Failure

Guest failure

Wow, great post Mehtab!

Success or failure appears to me to be rather relative. You feel like a failure now, if you get a job tomorrow you will feel like a winner. With these things its all stress and worry and then you have the job, and then its an entirely new stress and worry. I don't think God will get you a job, or not get you a job. Its just the market, your skill set, etc. Do absolutely everything you can, and if you are doing absolutely everything you can then you should be too busy to worry about it.

As far as worrying about the "other guys", you need to be like a race horse. Always look straight ahead and push as hard as you can, looking around is just gonna slow you down.

Let us know when things pick up, and they will.

-W

Guest Guest

Believe me, having lots of money or a prestigious career will not make you happy. Some of the most internally unhappy people I know are often financially well off. Finding true happiness is the goal in this janam and having a job is only important to put food on the plate, in the big scheme of things

Guest harsharan

today i came to put down my frustration in words to share my depressive situation with you all with the hope that maybe sangat can help me out. I am in my late twenties, despite of having good education, still jobless, very unsucessful in career. I dont know what the problem is. Is it just my bad luck OR i am not good enough to have successful career. I have been struggling for years now yet no luck. I am just very disappointed at my performance. I am unhappy and constantly worrying and thinking about it. I have basically locked myself up in my house and hardly go out.

The problem is that ok if i am not meant to be successful, its my luck then fine i guess i am gonna have to live with it somehow. But the dream i saw years ago of being successful in life is keep haunting me. when i look back and think how i used to think about my future back then, which has not turned out the way i wanted. Its very depressing and makes me more sad. Over the years my confidence has come down to zero. I have kept up with my paat and nitnem so far, its not the same anymore though i just get it done, my heart is always crying and i cant concentrate on anything else in life. even while doing paat i am constantly thinking and worrying. time is flying by so fast and i have not accomplished anything in life, that makes me so worried.

i am not a very bright person. but i do have potential to be successful by working hard. all i am looking for is a chance. its been plus 2 years no chance of job whatsoever. it seems like day by day i am losing hope. my family force me to go see a doctor. i dont want to go i know the doctor cant help me in this. i am mentally depressed yes but the medicine is not going to get me successful or bring me luck. i dont share anything with anyone with the fear of making them sad. i like to keep it to myself. a friend suggested to write here and present my situation to the sangat and see if it helps.

alright you dont even have to say anything as its just my personal problem but thank you for taking your time in reading my post.

Dear brother,there is somethingh called pralabdh karmas, which means destiny karmas... which nobody can alterate good luck or bad luck are just words to describe the situations of our lives. We are reaping what we have sown... it is nobody´s else fault...nobody is to blame....neither Wahiguru. One gets nothing less neither more than what is written in our stock. This pralabdh karmas no one can escape. Thank Him, that at least you have a home where you can stay and food to eat properly. Think of those who are homeless, compare your situation than those who are in a worse condition, value His blessings on you. Be brave and accept whatsoever is in your fate. We all, as said before have our own destiny to go through, any such things as sucess or failure are mental concepts. We all are failures, if we do not do the only real work for which we have got this human body....and that is God realization. When we leave this world, nobody is going to ask us. how much wealth have you gathered...how many children have you left... what is your graduation in education... what country were you born...what is your gender...how any cars do you own...nothing of that sort. Only your bhakti, devotion, love for Wahiguru will count, and make you pass or fail in His eyes. This the real job in which each and everyone has to try to pass or have success. Nothing else counts. Your karmas will take you, where they ought to...but by loving and devoting oneself to His lotus feet...noe goes back to one´s real home: Sach Khand. As the bani says: jis vakhar ko lain too aaya...Ram Nam santan Ghar paaya. May God bless you.

Guest Guest

Out of the box solutions for

JSinghN

I think they can HELP.

http://www.sikhmatrimonials.com/sikhnet/singles.nsf/SearchAll!searchview&Query=(%22UserProfile%22+ACCRUE+%5BPlusMembership%5D=1)AND(%5BGender%5D=Woman)AND(%5BOccupation%5D=Lawyer)&Start=1&Count=25&SearchOrder=1&SearchMax=5000

http://www.sikhmatrimonials.com/sikhnet/singles.nsf/SearchAll!searchview&Query=(%22UserProfile%22+ACCRUE+%5BPlusMembership%5D=1)AND(%5BGender%5D=Woman)AND(%5BOccupation%5D=Legal+Professional)&Start=1&Count=25&SearchOrder=1&SearchMax=5000

You should get listed and initiate contact, who knows "Roti te Vohtti dona da jugaard ho jae"

Failure & others

Check out & try

http://www.army.mod.uk/join/20072.aspx

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/index.htm

Thank you for your reply, I have two years of experience as a paralegal and i am very good at what i do. However, firms dont want someone like me because they would have to pay me a salary! they are mostly out to exploit people and dont like paying money. They onli pay you if you bring THEM clients! they onli give you a training contract if you can make THREE TIMES your wage for them in profit i.e. bring them clients! so its very difficult out there at the moment. So im looking into other fields im even considering becoming a primary school teacher....however im still thinking on that.....To the other posters I DO want to take amrit and i probably will this April. To HSD1, mostly families dont even look at a potential groom unless he has a job and he is earning money. If you are unemployed through no fault of your own no one thinks twice about you and thats the sad and brutal reality.

i've been through the same stuff.

where are you applying?? the larger firms tend to use people and then throw them away when they are all used up. it's also a lot harder to try to get a job with them. try the smaller firms. most of them don't even advertise. generally, jobs with them are gained through networking skills. Also, look up some guides on networking and following up properly. If the jobs in an area are tapped out, you may need to consider relocating, but try setting a deadline of a few months for finding your job. in the meantime, maybe try finding some related work to fill in the gaps in the resume. volunteer.

2nd point, people get depressed and in a funk b/c they make THEMSELVES, their skills, their family, their wife the anchor of their life. Make Satguru your anchor, your Ot, your aasra. This will give you greater happiness in life and help keep you in chardi kala. Chardi kala doesn't come from transient things like jobs or status, it comes from within, from serious abhyaas of naambani. Do REGULAR (NO MATTER WHAT) abhyaas with sangat and the extra energy boost will make a huge difference in your life. be patient, it can take weeks or months to notice it. but the difference is huge, i know b/c i've been in your situation and done all this. Look at all this as an important learning experience that will increase your sharda in God.

3rd point, don't blame God, it's your karma. You can be smart and work hard, if something is not in your karma, you will not get it. we must improve our karma. how? Simran, Seva, Sangat, avoidance of paap actions, and Ardass, proper planning, and effort. That little sentence there is the real Secret, not some wishy washy new age pick and choose your own spirituality psychobabble that's mass marketing mental garbage out to the world. nishkaam simran (done without worldly desires) gives the greatest benefits. that formula will improve anyone's life. pralabdh karams still must be paid off in this life, but nishkaam simran can, over time, reduce the severity of those as well.

4th, while doing a job search, get another job just to pay some bills. you don't have to list it on your resume if you don't want to. when you know you've got a steady income then it can stave off panic.

Guest harsharan

The very fact that, all study in the same class or are children of same parents, but then why all have different carrers, styles of lives or even happy or unhappy lives?

This is just aproof that there is something called destiny. And of course Wahiguru is not somebody who favours some and make the life a hell for others...

These are just our own misconceotions, our agyanta, our murakhta. He is all Deen Dayal...an ocean of mercy, love and forgiveness(bhakshanhar).

So it is totally wrong to blame Him. It is all our karmas.

As it is well known: As you sow so shall you reap. If one has sown apples naturally apples are in the harvest, but if one has sown chillies, naturally chillies are your harvest...as it is said in the bani: aape bhijey, aapey khae. It is all a play on the stage of this creation, and a settelment of accounts(karmas).

From some we have to take, to others we have to pay, now it is on us how we pay it smilingly or with a large face. All relations are based on these karmas. Once the account is setteled, each one walks his own way. These karmas no one can alterate, as said before, we are like in a small boat, and the water force will take one where the water keeps changing its direction, we have no steering wheel to change the direction... so you we not worry up to an extent...but yes, we have one thing to worry for, whether we are doing Nam bhakti or Nam abyass, as it is the only thing that has no tax in Kal´s world, and is the only means to burn our sinchit karmas and make us clean and pure to merge back, in our father Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

I know exactly how you feel....I completed my law degree and went to law school and passed the Legal Practice Course. I too had dreams of success but that was in 2008. Ive worked my butt off in law firms but kept on getting exploited but i put up with it because they kept on promising me a training contract to become a solicitor. It didnt happen and ive been struggling ever since, money wise, i left law school! im in my late twenties too and now i keep thinking i wont ever find a decent job even tho im very qualified and no girl will ever want to marry me. Ive been out of a job since august 2010 and ive sent off 600+ applications to many law firms and other places but no luck. I have to pick myself up everyday now because i keep thinking that im going to be 27 soon and i havent achieved anything or i cant support myself let alone a wife and a family one day. So i just take it day by day now....I see my friends from university getting married to women and being successful and i keep feeling that god is i dont know punishing me....i just dont know anymore....the onli good thing in this time off has been that ive been doing more paath and if im having a bad day i just do simran in my head.....You and I just need to keep going at it and one day we will find something and hopefully look back and say it made us stronger............

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hi try and doing another path such as teahing law in secondary school you just need to get a tecaching course in one year and then apply at any school or college. Also try applying for a another career such a apprenticeship

Hi try and doing another path such as teahing law in secondary school you just need to get a tecaching course in one year and then apply at any school or college. Also try applying for a another career such a apprenticeship

Hi, you cant do an apprenticeship if you have a degree.

people get depressed and in a funk b/c they make THEMSELVES, their skills, their family, their wife the anchor of their life. Make Satguru your anchor, your Ot, your aasra. This will give you greater happiness in life and help keep you in chardi kala. Chardi kala doesn't come from transient things like jobs or status, it comes from within....

The above is pure gold.

Try this visualisation technique Take at least 5 to 10 minutes for it to take effect. Start by going somewhere quiet where you can reflect undisturbed then:

Imagine you are amongst survivors of some catastrophic earthly armageddon. All of the luxuries we take for granted like food, shelter, physical security, warmth, electricity, has, warm water, friends and family are gone.

All you have left is the clothes you are in and a gutka.

Now imagine what sort of things you will have to face and try to imagine the frame/strength of mind you would need to develop to survive in this world without becoming a monster yourself.

Really dwell on these characteristics. Having to deal with uncertainty all the time but still persevering.

What would you learn to accept?

Guest John Smith

it is totally a state of mind.

The concept of Chardi-kala is what separates those who wait for things to change by miracles and those who believe in the opportunities Waheguru has blessed them with.

You know at least 50% of the world's population do not know where their next meal is coming from. If you asked someone

on the roadside in India, what would be your dream? He would say, a car, a house of my own, schooling and medical. He would see that as the "dream". We have that, yet too unmotivated to to be thankful let alone take advantage of these opportunities.

The Khalsa is of the highest order, we do not bow down to the greatest pressures, let alone small petty ones.

We must obtain a "can do" attitude. I remember at uni, I had a mate from abroad. He was working and studying to pay his huge oversea's tuition fees. During the final exams, he got an evacuation letter because he hadn't paid the rent. He was about to be made homeless at the most critical stage of his studies. He needed to raise something like 400 pounds in 2days. It was a hot summer weekend, he took a big bin fulla ice and bottled water down oxford street and spent 2 days flogging them to shoppers. He made something like £600 over the 2 days. I caught up with his a few months ago, hes now a millionaire importing business.

No, success is not all about money, but this is to demonstrate a can do attitude.