Injured Singh

Guest singh

Guest singh

SSA

Well I am normaly a very active person and and always out and doing things. ie sports keeping fit and working. but was recentley involved in a car accident. i havent been able to walk and am stuck at home and very depressed. I seem to be going out of mind. I like to keep busy and keep my mind occupied. i just dont know how im gonna cope being at home and doing nothing. i like to achieve things and get jobs. any ideas to keep my mind occupied at home. i have 1 month more of rehabilitation at home. and am bored.

Any advice

thanks

Reminds me of when I broke my leg playing football in the summer of 1997. I was at home for over 2 months. I spent most of my time watching TV or reading. After a while you do get into a routine and start to look forward to the best parts of your day. At the time I didn't have internet access at home so spent the day watching TV or reading. Watched all the Quincy ME episodes!

It's a good time to catch up on reading the books you always wanted to read but never had the time. You got a lot of time on your hands, how about learning another language?

SSA

Well I am normaly a very active person and and always out and doing things. ie sports keeping fit and working. but was recentley involved in a car accident. i havent been able to walk and am stuck at home and very depressed. I seem to be going out of mind. I like to keep busy and keep my mind occupied. i just dont know how im gonna cope being at home and doing nothing. i like to achieve things and get jobs. any ideas to keep my mind occupied at home. i have 1 month more of rehabilitation at home. and am bored.

Any advice

thanks

ps3

There is so much you could do, since you do have all this free time, why dont you start with 25 japji sahib paath's every day :)

Is there a time limit until when JapJi Sahib is to be done? I ask because it's meant to be morning paath. I was just wondering that - for normal people - how doing so many JapJi Sahibs in one sitting is possible, and until what time of the day are you allowed to do JapJi Sahib da paath?

Guest proper

Is there a time limit until when JapJi Sahib is to be done? I ask because it's meant to be morning paath. I was just wondering that - for normal people - how doing so many JapJi Sahibs in one sitting is possible, and until what time of the day are you allowed to do JapJi Sahib da paath?

veer, i dont think there is any time limit to any paath. You could do it anytime and as many times you want to. And I have heard of some chardikala gursikhs who used to do 101 -151 japji sahibs a day!! That means pretty much all day!! So no time limit on paath.

veer, i dont think there is any time limit to any paath. You could do it anytime and as many times you want to. And I have heard of some chardikala gursikhs who used to do 101 -151 japji sahibs a day!! That means pretty much all day!! So no time limit on paath.

Thank-you brother. I didn't want to get into trouble for doing so many paath during the wrong time of the day! Although I think I'll be lucky if I can do 5! :D

Yes, I've heard Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale use to do 101 (I think) JapJi Sahib da paath EVERY DAY! Amazing.

To do gurbani abhyaas you need time, which most do not have as we have firmly planted our feet deep with in worldly affairs. So if you have some free time, try not to let it go to waste! A month is a decent amount of time to take your avastha to a higher level :)

Bhaji, there is no time restriction on reciting any gubani. Satguru jee says

AwT phr swlwih isrjnhwr qUM ]

and

aUTq bYTq sovq iDAweIAY ]

Reciting Gurbani is doing ustat of akaal purakh, as it is clear from the above tuks, we should be striving to do it all the time. But such an avastha is only achieved by gurpRswid

I'm not sure how old you are, but please try not to turn every thread in to a joke. It's okay to be light hearted, joke around, but not ALL the time. Sometimes, it's best to refrain from saying anything if you do not have anything constructive to say :)

Maybe he wasn't joking?? He was merely suggesting for our injured friend to perhaps kill some hours pplaying a ps3..

I would also second that, there are a wide range of games to play on the ps3.

Alternatively you could take up something else which also works your fingers... Knitting perhaps??