Patna Sahib Maryada

Can anyone please give details and sources of Takht Patna Sahib's maryada?

I know for sure that no Jhatka is done and mool mantar is done up till Gurparsad. Can anyone who has more info elaborate more or provide some sources?

Admin Note: Please keep this thread free from clashes or it will be closed.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

daas recently (February 2011) went to Takhat Sri Harmandir Ji Patna Sahib. That's the actual name of the Takhat, which was established by Guru Tegh Bahadhur Sahib Ji Maharaj. Please do not turn this thread into a negative one. Here is what I saw when I went to Takhat Sri Harmandir Ji Patna Sahib:

- 3 Palki Sahibs in the Takhat Sahib: I knew of 2 Palkis and was wondering about 3, so I asked the Granthi Singh there after Sukhasan. They said the big Palki Sahib in the center serves a Puraatan hand written Saroop of Aaadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (I think the Saroop's scribe seva is done by Baba Deep Singh Ji). The Palki Sahib to the right serves Aadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. The Palki Sahib to the left serves Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji. All Saroops are Larivaar.

- Sampooran Banian: All Bania read at the Takhat Sahib are Sampooran: Chaupai Sahib, Rehras Sahib are same as in Damdami Taksal Gutka Sahib. Mool Mantar is read up to 'Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach' This is even mentioned in a recent Hukamnama from Takhat Sri Harmandir Ji Patna Sahib which tells the Sangat to recite Sampooran Bania.

- Strict discipline in Takhat Sahib: There are 2 Sevadars, a Singh and a Bibi who ensure that nobody speaks while Keertan/Katha/Paath is going on. I really liked this. During evening Soorak Parkash Katha, the Darbar Sahib was packed with a lot of Sangat and nobody made a noise. Everyone was listening very carefully.

The actual Parkaash Asthaan is a room in the center of the Takhat. In the room are Shaster and belongings of 9th and 10th Guru Sahibaan. There are also many Puraatan Saroops of Aadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji. The Puraatan Maryada of the Parkaash Asthan room is that only the 5 Singh Sahibaan of Takhat Sri Harmandir Sahib can enter and do Seva. This was told to me by the Granthi Singh.

I hope that gives some understanding of the Puraatan traditions of this Great Takhat Sahib.

Bhul Chuk Maar Kario.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

daas recently (February 2011) went to Takhat Sri Harmandir Ji Patna Sahib. That's the actual name of the Takhat, which was established by Guru Tegh Bahadhur Sahib Ji Maharaj. Please do not turn this thread into a negative one. Here is what I saw when I went to Takhat Sri Harmandir Ji Patna Sahib:

- 3 Palki Sahibs in the Takhat Sahib: I knew of 2 Palkis and was wondering about 3, so I asked the Granthi Singh there after Sukhasan. They said the big Palki Sahib in the center serves a Puraatan hand written Saroop of Aaadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (I think the Saroop's scribe seva is done by Baba Deep Singh Ji). The Palki Sahib to the right serves Aadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. The Palki Sahib to the left serves Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji. All Saroops are Larivaar.

- Sampooran Banian: All Bania read at the Takhat Sahib are Sampooran: Chaupai Sahib, Rehras Sahib are same as in Damdami Taksal Gutka Sahib. Mool Mantar is read up to 'Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach' This is even mentioned in a recent Hukamnama from Takhat Sri Harmandir Ji Patna Sahib which tells the Sangat to recite Sampooran Bania.

- Strict discipline in Takhat Sahib: There are 2 Sevadars, a Singh and a Bibi who ensure that nobody speaks while Keertan/Katha/Paath is going on. I really liked this. During evening Soorak Parkash Katha, the Darbar Sahib was packed with a lot of Sangat and nobody made a noise. Everyone was listening very carefully.

The actual Parkaash Asthaan is a room in the center of the Takhat. In the room are Shaster and belongings of 9th and 10th Guru Sahibaan. There are also many Puraatan Saroops of Aadh Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji. The Puraatan Maryada of the Parkaash Asthan room is that only the 5 Singh Sahibaan of Takhat Sri Harmandir Sahib can enter and do Seva. This was told to me by the Granthi Singh.

I hope that gives some understanding of the Puraatan traditions of this Great Takhat Sahib.

Bhul Chuk Maar Kario.

any pics or videos