Help Please

Guest NonPanjabiSikh

Sat Sri Akal ji.

Like you, i too am Non-Punjabi.

It really doesn't matter, anyone can be a Sikh (student).

But first one needs to resolve as to Who is SAT-GURU (true-teacher) ?

Henceforth an individual must put his/her faith in teachings of Gurbani and Code of Conduct.

Simple as that !

Right now I can only think of the following article

http://manvirsingh.b...esident-of.html

Sat Sri Akal

WGJKWGJKF - If anyone needs someone to talk to personal message me and i can put you through. It's good to talk with the Saadh Sangat.

WGJKWGJKF

Guest Fanatic finder

Clearly you r intelligent an will kno that the fanatici on here insist u have AMRIT . They will have to agree that the official code of conduct mean that one who believes in gurus and believed in AMRIT is a sikh you cam c it on allaboutsikhs.com . It is better site on these matteres all about sikh s. Ur gal will love u for u no matter what u wanna call yourself. Having met muslim married to sikh it no matter what faith you r its all in you. Chill bro :*

Guest NonPanjabiSikh

thanks guys I think I know what I have to do.. just going to be hard to do it you know?...

WaheguruJi bless you all

if anybody wouldnt mind sending links to the English prayers id appreciate it and when (what time) each must be read

thanks

Guest guest

thanks guys I think I know what I have to do.. just going to be hard to do it you know?...

WaheguruJi bless you all

if anybody wouldnt mind sending links to the English prayers id appreciate it and when (what time) each must be read

thanks

Download them here: http://www.sikhnet.c.../download-banis

Read 5 prayers between 3-6am: japji sahib, jaap sahib, tav prasad savaiye, chaupai sahib, anand sahib

Read 1 prayer in the evening: rehraas sahib

Read 1 prayer before sleeping: kirtan sohila/sohila

Guest Juggy

u don't need to take amrit to become a sikh - that is a fallacy propagated by a small group of sikhs who are holier than thou. taking amrit means you become a member of the khalsa. not all sikhs are khalsa but all khalsa are sikhs.

try to follow the teachings of the Gurus and the SGGS and you are sikh.

Guest _NonPanjabiSikh_

hey

I finally got the chance to properly read as my internet fixed

Latoya Ji thankyou very much I will do

Guest Ji thanks for the link was great

and Juggy Ji thanks alot :) the first Sikh i ever met was called Juggy too funnily enough lol

Fanatic Finder thanks

&

Where do you live?

Just start doing physical seva of sangat by polishing their shoe cleaning gurdwara washing utensils serving langar and start reading bani you will be guided by guru ji himself in some way or other. Asking such questions of forums and blogs will make one more confuse. Thats what i think.

Just do the seva and start reading bani and with time you will start seeing your path with your own two eyes.

Make it comfortable for yourself .. Dont start with 5 prayers in the morning. that will be to overwhelming to begin with (believe me).. Start with some meditation and maybe the japji sahib (and read translations so you know what you're reciting. understanding is everything in sikhi) and add more as you progres along the years..

God bless u.

People here seem to forget that there is a difference on being a Sikh, and being a Singh.

Take it slow. One of the things that has drawn me towards this religion is that being a good Sikh NEVER contradicts being a good person. So try to be a good person, and when you feel down and struggle or are really disappointed in yourself, look to Gurbani and it will help you pick yourself up and try again. There are some really good Singhs on this site, and they are always wiling to help. I think going to Gurdwara is really important as well(at least for me), but just realize that its just like any other church/mosque/etc. in that sikhs are still human and some are good and some are bad... and it is a predominately punjabi religion and you may at times feel unwelcome... but take it with a grain of salt. Many amritdhari guys take flack every time they step out of gurdwara, its really a small thing for us to take a little every now and then... early sikh converts faced much much much much worse. Goodluck!

17693053.gif

• 6 months later...

Hey its the poster of this thread, ive actually become a sikh (well atleast in my own mind anyway - not amritari but sikh in terms of a believer of the gurus) i dont eat meat etc i still go clubbing sometimes (which i wish i wouldnt and drink) but i will be stopping that in due time. the only problem i have now is coming out and telling the world etc which can be hard because ive realised in certain cities hatred between certain groups is so much.. mind you if you saw me youd think i was a sikh, i wear the phatke, kara and read bani so its not that hard to guess.. id like to thank you all for your posts and help etc if anybody could inbox me with any advice etc it would be much welcomed. Thanks again :-) i was just wondering if anybody in the midlands area (i will soon be moving there) could support me in terms showing me gurdwaras etc welcoming me to do seva in em or inform me of english lectures etc when i move there or any other questions i have i could ask them.. thanks again sangatji

satsriakaal